• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Rattling inside dhol

Messages
146
So I have a rattling inside my dhol. I've had the dhol for about 5-6 months now. Anyway my tilli side had some light going through it and I saw it was some gravel :( how do I remove it without doing anything too drastic? I can't take the dhol back to the shop in Bradford either as it's been a long time. Also will the rattling affect the sound? Or damage my dhol?
Thanks
 

monisingh

New Member
Messages
279
won`t affect the sound or screw up your drum...just leave it inside until you need to change one of the skins
 

Dholi harsh

Member
Messages
168
I personally cannot stand the rattling noise, all you have to do is take one of the heads off and take the gravel type "Masala" out.... also if you have masala on the dhaga side, depending on the sound you're looking to acquire, you might want to scrape that off as well
 
Top