• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Re: Desi Dhamaka Updates

oJaLa

Bhangra makes the world go round
Mowsuf said:
oJaLa said:
Ramani said:
NYPD and AEG ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I can't wait to see THAT brawl go down again haha
yo ojala, why you tryin to start shit, such an instigator
LOL are you kidding me? ::)

To clarify myself, I said "haha" because it was a joke. I think both teams are close enough to each other for it to be an interesting judging between the two.

A.T.

ATINDERRRAAAAA!!! what a beast..moving up to the legendary status ehh!

bring home the hardware NYPD! make t.o. proud

Mowsuf

Mowsuf said:
oJaLa said:
Ramani said:
for the record, Ojala and I are on the same team...and I can say that to her to bust her chops....that was not any sort of direct attack on her if anyone cares.....or not

oJaLa

Mowsuf said:
Mowsuf said:
oJaLa said:
Ramani said:

for the record, Ojala and I are on the same team...and I can say that to her to bust her chops....that was not any sort of direct attack on her if anyone cares.....or not
I loWe you mowsuf :)

oJaLa

Also, for the record, what I said earlier about SMD, other teams, and their members being against this competition, I didn't mean anyone on SMD. My wording of the post was misleading. My apologies to SMD, don't hate me :-X lol

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Personal Opinion:

AEG vs. NYPD = Boys Showdown
CMU vs. UVA = Coed Showdown

I think top 3 will include at least 2 of the above.

jattomg111

kinnell said:
Personal Opinion:

AEG vs. NYPD = Boys Showdown
CMU vs. UVA = Coed Showdown

I think top 3 will include at least 2 of the above.

WOW what about virsa guys they have been out of the scene for awhile.looking forward to see something special from them!

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
oJaLa said:
Also, for the record, what I said earlier about SMD, other teams, and their members being against this competition, I didn't mean anyone on SMD. My wording of the post was misleading. My apologies to SMD, don't hate me :-X lol
BTFDisclaimers++;

KushK

dheerja said:
sargam627 said:
sulmoney said:
the last updated lineup i heard was this:

Anakh E Gabroo - Queens, NY
Anakh Punjab Di - Hollywood, CA
Boston Bhangra - Boston, MA
Binghamton Bhangra - Binghamton, NY
CMU Chak De Bhangra - Pittsburgh, PA
ECU Muqabla - Greenville, NC
Gator Bhangra - Gainesville, FL
GMU Bhangra - Fairfax, VA
NC State Bhangra - Raleigh, NC
Rochester Bhangra - Rochester, NY
Shaan Mutiyaaran Di Bhangra Club - New York
Siena Bhangra - Loudonville, NY
The Bhangra Union - Schenectady, NY
UVA di Shaan - Charlottesville, VA
Virsa: Our Tradition - Queens, NY
Does this mean I too can be on SOBTV?
;D
sobTV will be there of course! Be interviewed at your own risk.
BAD IDEA! im not doing tht again! actually i was never interviewed.... HOOK IT UP DIDI ;D

sargam627

F.S.U.
Ankush said:
dheerja said:
sargam627 said:
sulmoney said:

;D
BAD IDEA! im not doing tht again! actually i was never interviewed.... HOOK IT UP DIDI ;D
STFU Ankush..that's why you got bitched out in the Masti très video..cuz you opened ur mouth at the wrong place at the wrong time lmao :)

This time..I will be representing Anakh-E-Gabroo at Desi Dhamaka.. And I am currently working on a bhangra related version of JIZZ IN MY PANTS which will be sung at the hotels... Thank you.

Desi Dhamaka

Desi Dhamaka, Bhangra Allstars, Fusion Faceoff...
Pashi Singh Malik (Traditional Bhangra)

President and Captain of The Rutgers University Bhangra Team 07-08

President -Sikh Student Association at Rutgers University. Pashi Singh Malik is active in organizing Punjabi cultural programs in the New Jersey area as well as Bhangra events at the University. He has taught Dhol and Bhangra at all levels, with students. Pashi has been performing Bhangra and playing the Dhol since the age of 14, starting in school and continuing through college and university. He has also studied under Madan Madi - Dhol Master- who has performed with famous Punjabi artists around the globe including Jazzy B and Hans Raj Hans. Pashi has performed at numerous places including Bruin Bhangra, South Beach Bhangra, Bhangra Blowout, The Bhangra Project, Boston Bhangra, The Best of the Best competition(s), Punjabi melas, and Asian Heritage Festivals. Pashi not only performs but also arranges the music and choreographs Bhangra. Some performed on playback, and others are set on live Dhol and 'Bolis.' Pashi is actively involved in teaching students about the history of Bhangra and the main steps in Bhangra and how to execute them, including Dhamaal, Jugni, Luddi, Sammi, Sialkoti, Phumaninan, Mirza, Jhumar, etc. at his workshops and seminars. He has led his team to place at 7 national competitions including: Bhangra Blowout, Bhangra in the Burgh, South Beach Bhangra, and Naachvention. Pashi has used his vast knowledge of Bhangra to teach students of all ages and enjoys his active involvement in Bhangra events and continues to share his passion with the Punjabi community.

Atinder Cloty (Traditional Bhangra)

Has done Traditional Bhangra for his high school team 5 years in a row but due to injuries and further studies, he was unable to continue to do bhangra professionally. However, Atinder has become part of the Canadian Punjabi Dance Academy for past two years where he is one of the co-organizers of Bhangra Masti Competition that happens annually in January. In addition to that, Atinder has been apart of the Bhangra Communiry by doing media coverage for past 5 years at majority of the competitions on the East Coast (Taking pictures/making videos for all the teams) and giving them constructive criticism to help teams get better in the future.

Ben Koffel (Modern Bhangra)
Ben Koffel has spent the past five years as a dancer on the competitive Bhangra circuit. While an undergrad, Ben danced with Cornell Bhangra, and as Vice President he served as the director for Pao Bhangra 6, one of the country's largest Bhangra exhibitions. He also took an active role in educating the non-South Asian community about Punjabi culture. After graduating, Ben moved to Washington DC, where he danced with the Mitar Albeleyan Da Bhangra group, and Lalkaare Sheran De Bhangra. In his time dancing, Ben has competed at many of North America's top bhangra competitions, and has experienced firsthand how Bhangra has changed and evolved over the years. He has also taught children's Bhangra classes and was featured on NPR's special on Bhangra in North America.

KushK

sargam627 said:
Ankush said:
dheerja said:
sargam627 said:
sulmoney said:

;D
STFU Ankush..that's why you got bitched out in the Masti très video..cuz you opened ur mouth at the wrong place at the wrong time lmao :)

This time..I will be representing Anakh-E-Fudus at Desi Dhamaka.. And I am currently working on a bhangra related version of JIZZ IN MY PANTS which will be sung at the hotels... Thank you.
STOP SUCKING THE SMD DIDIS!!!