• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Relaxing instrumentals

Gurbir23

This is related to my other thread on anxiety. I love to listen to instrumental music as a way to relax. What are some of your guys favourite instrumental videos/tracks? This can include tabla solos ( a big one for me, although I prefer ones with an accompanying instrument), indian classical ( sarangi, dilruba...etc), western classical (mozart) and anything else you guys find interesting. Also, keertan is something else I enjoy listening to. I find the best raagi to relax to is Bhai sadhu singh deradun wale.

Here are some of my go to videos.

One of my favourite tabla solos (also an example of the accompanying instruments I was talking about)

Ustad Zakir Hussain - Drut Teen Taal

A favourite western ( a little cliche but still awesome)

Beethoven "Für Elise" Valentina Lisitsa Seoul Philharmonic

A favourite shabad.

Bhai Sadhu Singh Dehradun Wale - Sun Sun Naam Tumara Pritam

To relax i usually listen to Scores from movies. One of my favorite composers is Hans Zimmer and even though some of his stuff can get intense, it still puts me in that zone of relaxation (opinions may vary). Sorry if this was talked about in the other thread.

Gurbir23

ballinwithdhol said:
To relax i usually listen to Scores from movies. One of my favorite composers is Hans Zimmer and even though some of his stuff can get intense, it still puts me in that zone of relaxation (opinions may vary). Sorry if this was talked about in the other thread.
Holy hell, I completely forgot about Hans Zimmer and movie soundtracks. Ive got the entire gladiator discography on my computer and didnt remember till you just reminded me. Its beautiful stuff. Thanks for the reminder lol

Raashi

For film composers and movies, a few favorites are: Yann Tiersen (Amelie), Danny Elfman (Spiderman!!), Philip Glass (The Hours, The Illusionist) - they have a bunch of other music aside from movies that I can't remember the names of at the moment, but their music is beautiful! from the other thread I had a bunch of piano composers....Chopin is my fav =).

Navkarn

this is my choice of relaxtion music ... Karsh Kale doesnt always do instrumental, but when he does it's just breath taking. same goes for a lot of older talvin singh albums. if you dig this sort of stuff, i highly recommend the album "Breathing Under Water" by Karsh Kale & Anoushka Shankar, just unreal stuff.

Karsh Kale Cinematic Reprise

Multani

That's some good study music :D mind posting the mp3 links for every youtube video yall post?? graciass!!

hardeep_singh

Third Planet by Third Planet from Claude Challe's Nirvana Lounge

Punjab by Karunesh

so apparently there are a few new age artists who traveled to india to learn more about the music, they then proceeded to create tracks using eastern instrumentals mixed with other instruments from around the world, these 2 tracks are off the compilation nirvana lounge by claude challe, another well known cd of lounge/chill music is buddha bar. never investigated too much into the new age genre to find more artists and eastern derived music, but i'm sure there are a lot more artists out there who experimented with mixing music like this. karunesh is one of the popular artists who has made a lot of eastern music based new age songs.

Attachments

hardeep_singh

if you're in a religious mood there's always rdb - sikhi da boota.....sarangi kills it in the song and the ambient weather sounds are amazing then u got the piano/synth, amazingly composed yet so simple that you can really enjoy all the layers of the song

Attachments

Romy

I know you wanted instrumentals, but when I've been in really stressful situations or when I've been in a really depressed mood, I listen to Snatam Kaur. Her voice is simply angelic. It may not be your thing, but here's one that I fell in love with:

~We Are One ~ Snatam Kaur ~ Mul Mantra