• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Repping System on BTF

abhigames

Member
Messages
709
is there a way...or is there already one...to implement a user repping system on BTF? I've seen this on a lot of other forums and its just a nice way to recognize posters who have added value with one of their posts to the forums.
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
I briefly implemented one where you could give +1s and -1s, but it seems some users were abusing the -1's and people were falling into negative territory without real reason. We can potentially re-implement it.... I haven't seen code on eliminating the -1's but it sounds pretty doable.
 

abhigames

Member
Messages
709
yeah i mean if people will be responsible with it...then its fine, otherwise forget it, then its just dumb. its like when AIM had warning lol.

but i mean ive seen people with really good posts, and i think they might feel special if u give them a rep or something
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
lol I used to abuse the shit outta that warning system... Ah middle school

Btw who else has the same sn as middle school? (Even tho my primary I'm is google) (allow me to introduce http://pidgin.I'm and http://www.digsby.com)
 
Top