• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Rutgers Bhangra @ GSB

arjunK

Here's our video from Garden State Bhangra this past weekend! We had an awesome time performing in our hometown! Props to DJ Raj and the committee for holding it down and throwing an awesome first year comp. Props to each and every team who competed you guys all ripped it real hard. If anyone has another angle feel free to post it! we'll post our other videos shortly as well so stay tuned for those!

RU at GSB 2012

amitjj90

Rochester Bhangra
Absolutely Ripped it. Huge shout out to RU Bhangra, well deserved, so much hype and energy throughout the routine. Love you guys!!

Saab

Today is a gift
Great performance.

Are the kurtas for the pink jorhi white, or just a really really really really really light shade of pink?

Manreet

wow, there's soo much talent on this team.
congratulations on a well deserved first place, can't wait to see what you guys do next !

smehta313

Saab said:
Are the kurtas for the pink jorhi white, or just a really really really really really light shade of pink?

Haha it's a dark pink and a light pink. The lighting makes it seem like that, hopefully we get a center view.

Also, big shoutout to Dilbagh from NYU/AEG for tying our paagan so well, Sargam making our mix, Gsimz making the changes, and Klasikhz for having a that great challa India mix on his website.

campy614

Ok so I watched this thing without sound. You'd thinking working at an IT firm, I wouldn't have a problem getting a comp with the volume working... but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Great performance. A lot of talent, and for the most part-everything was very synchronized.

A few things I will say:
-Pink jori was front and center for A LOT of the performance. I understand that they're first jori and all, but probably around 90% of the video there was someone dressed in pink front and center... which I do think is unfair to the rest of the team.
-There were moments were things were off. A decent amount of spins need to be worked on. Random steps where dancers decided to look different than everyone else. Those need to be standardized.

Overall good performance. Congrats on 1st!

Sukhraj4

AWW YEAH SAHIL AND VISHAL YEAH ;)
Congrats on first guys. great set, loved the performance.

Hope nothing but the best in the future!

Psant

UNC Bhangra Elite Alum, Brandeis Bhangra
This was an extremely entertaining set! Jugni was folk as hell. I would have loved to see this at Blowout.

mcgulz

Great performance, with this kinda talent i'm sure the sync issues will be worked out. Cant wait to see you guys hit the stage again!

SoMoney

jugni and ending mela were fireeeeeee. i see you rutgers! congrats on first! better see you guys again soon.

gurteg

sick set!!! reminded me of old-school Rutgers! this performance definitely brought you guys back on the map. congrats!

ps- manraj you killed phumaniya!

AnkurK

Too sick RU.. much improved from previous sets that i've seen. The girls have picked it up immensely - good stuff. Jhummar sick as always ;)

Congrats again on the first place.