• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Sarabjit Cheema

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Messages
1,736
Yo can a competition get this guy? I mean really! Only Folk was definitely the most quality record to come out this year. TBP 2006 was the last time he was at a competition, and he has blown up since then.

Bruin, Fusion, Blowout, VIBC, I am calling you all out.

GET SARABJIT CHEEMA ON YOUR STAGES!!!
 

[Sher] Imran

Member
Messages
213
He is absolutely sick live... he was singing at the TBP banquet/mixer and it was unreal. On stage he sings live as well.
 

Arjun Barua

Member
Messages
650
faizan said:
Yo can a competition get this guy? I mean really! Only Folk was definitely the most quality record to come out this year. TBP 2006 was the last time he was at a competition, and he has blown up since then.
He was at Groundshaker this year as a judge.
 

amitin28

New Member
Messages
6
Hey Guys,

I was one of the organizers for TBP 06 when we brought Cheema to Jersey, and I just want to echo what everyone here has said -- he is absolutely amazing. He sang live on stage (no lip singing), and he sang at the Team Mixer without a dholi or chimta player or any other instrument. We basically just asked him to do something special for the teams, and he sang (I believe) what was at that time a song that was upcoming on his newer album.

The day of the show we had him sign pictures of each team and he wrote personalized notes to each team. And he was not high maintenance at all -- he spent most of his time that weekend just hanging out with our parents and eating our home cooked food. He didn't bring his own dholi, so we had Nana from PPA meet with him the day of the competition and they were able to work together for an amazing performance on stage.

I wish we had more people at the show that year, but I highly encourage another competition to bring him out!

Amit Sondhi
 

Manjot

Active Member
Messages
2,058
amitin28 said:
Hey Guys,

I was one of the organizers for TBP 06 when we brought Cheema to Jersey, and I just want to echo what everyone here has said -- he is absolutely amazing. He sang live on stage (no lip singing), and he sang at the Team Mixer without a dholi or chimta player or any other instrument. We basically just asked him to do something special for the teams, and he sang (I believe) what was at that time a song that was upcoming on his newer album.

The day of the show we had him sign pictures of each team and he wrote personalized notes to each team. And he was not high maintenance at all -- he spent most of his time that weekend just hanging out with our parents and eating our home cooked food. He didn't bring his own dholi, so we had Nana from PPA meet with him the day of the competition and they were able to work together for an amazing performance on stage.

I wish we had more people at the show that year, but I highly encourage another competition to bring him out!

Amit Sondhi
thats pretty tightt
 

Kapil

Wear Responsibly 2.0 || One for All...All for FAUJ
Messages
133
Hoook it uppp sondhii

i'd probably go to a competition just knowing he was the performer...haha
 

jvirk

New Member
Messages
889
someone get this guy!!!!!!!!!

maybe vpd ppl can get him..or maybe blowout lol..someone get him!!!
 
Top