• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Songs during seating of a show

PartyJatt

I suggest calm songs like Yaar by Nirmal Sidhu and play them at a somewhat low volume.

Armaan

I personally think the songs that should be played should be basically the current top bhangra songs. Just create a playlist of the recent most listened to bhangra tracks and throw in some tracks that you know the bhangra community would bob their head to or sing along with. Honestly that will help the crowd get pumped.

do a mash up of alot of pop. gurdass mann, surjit bindrakhia, bakshi billa, jaswinder daghamia, amrinder gill, nirmal sidhu, poooja, gippy grewal... i guess you get the idea put like 50-100 songs in a playlist the put that hoe on shuffle and let it roll :D

J Hayer

actually, i would say Don't put too many currently popular songs since the audience will already hear them in most of the team mixes lol

itsG

put older songs that uncles and shit would know cuz kids will know them too but sometimes uncles dont know the new songs out nowadays
and on the plus side older popular songs arent used in team mixes much either.

mithu

Yeah play older songs. If you play all new songs, the audience will prolly get sick of them by the end of the show because most of the teams will have used the most popular songs currently.

Bharathi

Gurmandanceacademy said:
ok thanks everyone ima post a list with the songs i ended up picking and then let me know :)
I think it's really awesome that you're getting everyone's feedback! Best of luck with your comp =)

Aneeta

You should actually have a DJ make you a megamix you can play during opening/intermission/exit. You don't want just a simple playlist b/c nobody ever wants to hear the entire song. I would suggest asking a DJ for a mix w/ a mix of older classics + some new songs. Since everyone will be using the top songs of the season, ask the DJ to use them sparingly. I personally think this would be your best and smoothest bet. =)