• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Star Wars

#Harami

Saab

Today is a gift
Don't mind the lightsaber, I just hope this isn't a broodfest and more action oriented. Thought the great parts of 4-5-6 was that there was a Han Solo to balance out Luke(Direct, Funny, Witty). There just wasn't an equivalent in 1,2,3 and I hope that it goes back to the original prequels.

Saab

Today is a gift
Note - I actually think story wise episodes 1-3 offer a better story and a much better picture than 4-6s "yaya good beats evil". Its just that the direction was poor and the plot overcomplicated itself at points (Hayden was also terrible)

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
topher grace (eric from the 70's show, venom from spiderman 3) is a huge star wars geek. apparently, as an exercise to learn movie editing and to satiate his inner diehard fan, he cut the prequels from their 7-odd hour length down to a single 80 minute film. a lot of film critics think it's the best version of the star wars prequels that exists. he actually did this two separate times, producing two separate cuts, each of which tells the story in a different light.

you can DL both here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/2nxx20/til_that_topher_grace_of_that_70s_show_edited_all/cmhz546

a little further down that comment thread is a link to DL a spliced together version of the two cuts, as supposedly the first half of the first and the second half of the second are the best parts.

haven't watched it yet myself, but seems cool. definitely dope for any big star wars geeks out there.

smp

so stoked for this! They really know how to generate hype by teasing us a year before the release lol