• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Starting a team??

hkaur7

New Member
Messages
1
Hey, everyone. :) I have a little bit of a dilemma... I live in a really lazy city (more of a town... population < 200,000 -.-) but we do have a somewhat solid Punjabi population. Unfortunately, there isn't even one bhangra team here. The university does have one, but they rarely meet & it doesn't matter anyway because I'm in high school.


Some of my cousins/friends in other places participate in bhangra through their schools (either through an actual team or club, or through something like the Indian American Student Association clubs). Some friends & I were thinking of starting something like this, but I have some questions about these "school teams" or whatever you want to call them:


1. What sorts of things would you use as practice/warm up?
2. My school requires all activities to have a teacher sponsor. If any of you have had to do this as well, what did your teacher sponsor do?
3. What do community sponsors do for you & how can you go about finding them? (My school's cricket team has some, I think.)
4. Where can you find uniforms, props, etc. etc?
5. How many members can you expect, usually?
6. What sorts of events would you perform at?


We might actually do this outside of school, but I suppose these questions would still pertain for that. I'd really appreciate any information you guys might have, so thanks a lot in advance! :)
 
Top