• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Stiffness problem

paobhangre

New Member
Messages
4
So my biggest problem in Bhangra is that I am very stiff. How do I get rid my stiffness? any suggestions?
 

Reeeeda

Member
Messages
71
grab someone who exhibits more grace, find mirrors and dance next to them. do the same moves together side by side and just keep trying to mimic them. if you dont have anyone to help you out - watching videos and studying specific dancers can be helpful as well. you just have to get it down to a science and apply it to yourself. for some it comes naturally and for others it can be difficult. itll take time, but practice will get you there
 
Messages
921
paobhangre said:
So my biggest problem in Bhangra is that I am very stiff. How do I get rid my stiffness? any suggestions?

if your stiffness last more than 4 hours please go to the ER asap!!!! :D
 

J-Skeet

New Member
Messages
252
Well a lot of new dancers have this problem and there really is no way that you can learn how not to be stiff. It's more of you have to stop trying to do Bhangra and letting it happen. What I've come to understand is that the stiffness happens when you try too hard to adopt another person style. Everyone has there own Nakhra so just try to dance naturally and with time it should develop and become more fluid.
 

sdadoo15

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Messages
296
Deepi253 said:
paobhangre said:
So my biggest problem in Bhangra is that I am very stiff. How do I get rid my stiffness? any suggestions?

if your stiffness last more than 4 hours please go to the ER asap!!!! :D
HAHAHAHAHA
 

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Messages
1,270
Deepi253 said:
paobhangre said:
So my biggest problem in Bhangra is that I am very stiff. How do I get rid my stiffness? any suggestions?

if your stiffness last more than 4 hours please go to the ER asap!!!! :D
that was the first thing i thought of when I read the thread title
 
Top