• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

TerraPind at Maryland Masti '11

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
That's probably because it's a raas competition. lol

BTW, congrats to the winners, Bentley Bizraas!

Psant

UNC Bhangra Elite Alum, Brandeis Bhangra
Yeah, it's a pretty huge raas competition actually. How new is this team?

Nikhil

I saw this video and I was impressed with the new talent CP has. Gurpreet, keep training these guys. It has this OLD school college feel, back when teams were idolized in the early 2000's. UMD had a great team then, then for a little bit around 05-06, and now it's awesome to know that there is one again, with a great name too.
BTW, if you want to see some baller ass synchrony, please find the Drexel Dandiya performance from Masti 2011 (just a couple of days ago). My boy Havish and his crew DID NOT STOP even after their CD broke. The second half of that performance was on point with mental counting and NO type of percussion, with the crowd going nuts. Greatest. Raas Performance. Ever.

Psant

UNC Bhangra Elite Alum, Brandeis Bhangra
aman dhaliwal said:
is the name of the team tera pind ? if it is wat the hell kinda name is that ?

Terrapind, it's a play-on-words of their school's mascot the Maryland "Terrapins"

gursikhpreet1

Nikhil said:
I saw this video and I was impressed with the new talent CP has. Gurpreet, keep training these guys. It has this OLD school college feel, back when teams were idolized in the early 2000's. UMD had a great team then, then for a little bit around 05-06, and now it's awesome to know that there is one again, with a great name too.
BTW, if you want to see some baller ass synchrony, please find the Drexel Dandiya performance from Masti 2011 (just a couple of days ago). My boy Havish and his crew DID NOT STOP even after their CD broke. The second half of that performance was on point with mental counting and NO type of percussion, with the crowd going nuts. Greatest. Raas Performance. Ever.
Thanks a lot bro! Yeah i'm very happy with how the team's doing so far- especially since none of them had any bhangra experience.

And heck yea props to Drexel Dandiya!! They killed it and definitely deserved their awards!!! That's 100% determination right there.

Hah yupp terrapind as in terrapin with a play on some punjabi- thanks psant :)

kashkoor15

Psant said:
We just started this Fall 2010. We are a completely new team. We only had 3 people on the team with Bhangra experience. They pretty much choreographed and taught us all the bhangra that you see in the video. If you guys want to give us any input seeing that this was our first performance ever and majority of the team has never performed on stage before. With that said..if you guys don't mind giving any tips or critiquing our video..go for it! We want to grow as a team and only get stronger!

Yeah the name of our team is a word play off our mascot.

kashkoor15

kinnell said:
That's probably because it's a raas competition. lol

BTW, congrats to the winners, Bentley Bizraas!
Yeah we were the exhibition act for Maryland Masti Raas Competition.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Nikhil said:
BTW, if you want to see some baller ass synchrony, please find the Drexel Dandiya performance from Masti 2011 (just a couple of days ago).
Nikhil, do you have any links to this performance? I would like to check it out.

~ Basim :)

coca-cole

kashkoor15 said:
Psant said:
We just started this Fall 2010. We are a completely new team. We only had 3 people on the team with Bhangra experience. They pretty much choreographed and taught us all the bhangra that you see in the video. If you guys want to give us any input seeing that this was our first performance ever and majority of the team has never performed on stage before. With that said..if you guys don't mind giving any tips or critiquing our video..go for it! We want to grow as a team and only get stronger!

Yeah the name of our team is a word play off our mascot.

you guys did an amazing job for having so many new dancers on your team! It was nice to see choreo that flowed really well with the songs you chose. The only suggestion I'd give is to work on hitting your formations. There were a lot of cool formations there but sometimes they were a bit messy/hard to make out. congrats again and best of luck in the future!