• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!

KushK

Ok so I wanted to post this for a long time but for some reason didn't. Now with the summer coming I just really want to Jam out to a sick mixtape by our very own in house bhangra djs. You all have sick talent and make some great mixes but I know you all have busy schedules just like evryone else and isn't really easy to make a 10-15 min baller mix. However what if all of you music wizards came together and all figured out the songs (Hindi, punjabi, hip hop, house etc) and put together a baller ass mixtape?

Some names that come to my mind:
- Harman Toor
- Sargam
-Gsimz
- Kush (Guardians)
- Swi
- Karan D.
- 2nyce
- Iqwak (Klazikhz)
- First Class Beats
- Rajbir (SGPD)
- Raj Minocha (WBBC)
- DJ Hans

Sorry if I forgot someone! I would love for this to happen and I know a bunch of other people would appreciate it as well!

sartajjudge

Ankush said:
Ok so I wanted to post this for a long time but for some reason didn't. Now with the summer coming I just really want to Jam out to a sick mixtape by our very own in house bhangra djs. You all have sick talent and make some great mixes but I know you all have busy schedules just like evryone else and isn't really easy to make a 10-15 min baller mix. However what if all of you music wizards came together and all figured out the songs (Hindi, punjabi, hip hop, house etc) and put together a baller ass mixtape?

- Harman Toor
- Sargam
-Gsimz
- Kush (Guardians)
- Swi
- Karan D.
- 2nyce
- Iqwak (Klazikhz)
- First Class Beats

Sorry I forgot someone! I would love for this to happen and I know a bunch of other people would appreciate it as well!

That would be sick.

DJ KSR and GSingh are legit too.

With so much talent collaborating, a 45 minute type mixtape would be more appropriate instead of a 10-15 min one.

If there were some big names doing a proper mixtape, I'd be willing to pay as well if it went to charity.

Romy

karmjits said:
I'd pay for a mixtape by all these guys
I agree! I would too. I say they make a mixtape, sell it, and proceeds go to charity! One can only hope lol

Rip

I'm getting butterflies just thinking about what this would sound like in my car...do ittttt!

KushK

I keep editing the list as I think of more people... But None of the people's names who are on the list even responded.

Sigh... Hope this happens one day!

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Ankush said:
I keep editing the list as I think of more people... But None of the people's names who are on the list even responded.

Sigh... Hope this happens one day!

Great idea Ankush! I just feel it's gonna a bit of effort for one person "behind the scenes" whose coordinating/organizing the whole project. It would be a great start to ask each of the mixers individually whether they would be down to do this or not.. especially since I know not all of them frequent BTF as much.

Then as far as a list of songs - the entire BTF community could contribute toward building out a list of songs (from various genres) that they want to hear mixed by these "pros." Once you have a solid number of mixers "confirmed" just create a separate thread and ask people to nominate/contribute songs for the "BTF's Finest Mixers Collaboration Volume 1" album (just came up with a random name, you don't have to use that :p ).

The songs would then have to be divvied up by the main coordinator and given to the mixers to use. The mixers should not be "forced" to use every song - i.e. give them each 10 songs; among the 10, pick they are required to use 6 + 1 "bonus" track of the mixer's own liking that is not one of the original 10. You can change these numbers if they are not realistic - the idea behind it all is what I'm trying to explain.

The coordinator/organizer would also have to constant communication with each all the mixers so that they can check up on the progress as they build their individual mixes. A deadline should be given + some basic rules such as minimum & maximum length of each mix.

It doesn't have to work exactly like I said, but just think this is a good format to use if you really want to make this happen.

~ Basim :)

P.S. - I nominate Ankush for the main organizer role ;)

roohinor

Dancing isn't about winning, It's about having fun
Such a sick idea, Ankush! Man this would be awesome. Hopefully everyone sees the feedback and comes together to make this happen!

Ssingh91

Ankush said:

- Harman Toor
- Sargam
-Gsimz
- Kush (Guardians)
- Swi
- Karan D.
- 2nyce
- Iqwak (Klazikhz)
- First Class Beats
- Rajbir (SGPD)
- Raj Minocha (WBBC)
- DJ Hans

Sorry if I forgot someone! I would love for this to happen and I know a bunch of other people would appreciate it as well!
+100 sick idea. even if half of the above mentioned mixers collaborate they would be able come out with something insane.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Kinda related..

Anyone remember the BTF Re-Mixers Ladder? Wow, I can't believe that was nearly 2 years ago!

That was a great idea too and I was very excited to see it go through. Unfortunately all of these great ideas require a lot of work on the back end to maintain them/progress. Harmaan might have not realized how much effort & work it would require "behind the scenes" because within 10 days of his original post, it busted (I think he went out of town & nobody was there to execute his plan).

You can check that thread for even bigger list of quality mixers from BTF that could contribue to this, but the point is that it's gonna take a lot more work than just creating a thread about it and saying "let's do this guys!" There is also this list: *** MASTER LIST- List of DJs to hire for mixes ***

I'm not trying to be offensive and I'm not trying to be negative (apologies in advance if I sound that way).. just trying to stress the fact that many great ideas are just that.. great ideas.. to make it a true reality requires a whole lot of time/effort/etc. Please make this excellent idea a reality for us all Ankush (or whoever else wants to be involved)!

~ Basim :)