• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

To access the iPhone/mobile version

faysal

New Member
Messages
889
I lol'd @ really disgraceful phone because it instantly made me think of barua :\
 

Navkarn

Member
Messages
658
woohoo i missed the mobile iphone version, so much cleaner and easier! thanks. 
 

ENVY BANG-RUH

Let the music move you!!!!!
Messages
1,151
Everytime I hit "home" down at the bottom, I get redirected to the '404' error page, but underneath the error message there is a 'go home' option. What's the deal with getting an error message, just to get back to home?
 

RAJ22

New Member
Messages
587
ENVY BANG-RUH said:
Everytime I hit "home" down at the bottom, I get redirected to the '404' error page, but underneath the error message there is a 'go home' option. What's the deal with getting an error message, just to get back to home?

same here
 

Navkarn

Member
Messages
658
ENVY BANG-RUH said:
Everytime I hit "home" down at the bottom, I get redirected to the '404' error page, but underneath the error message there is a 'go home' option. What's the deal with getting an error message, just to get back to home?
im using an iphone 3gs and its working normal when i hit the home button. what phones are you guys using, i wonder if that has anything to do with it?
 

mithu

Active Member
Messages
793
Why not just make the forum taptalk compatible? Then you really don't need a mobile site. Or seperate alps for iphone andand android since taptalk is universal.
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
mithu said:
Why not just make the forum taptalk compatible? Then you really don't need a mobile site. Or seperate alps for iphone andand android since taptalk is universal.
The reason is tapatalk requires a separate app install and non-direct access. Also requires code integration and upkeep that will hinder future forum upgrades.

The current solution is direct online; you can have an icon on your phone home screen, as I do. And when working, will automatically detect your iPhone or android phone. It will also recognize palmOS but it will laugh at you.
 

itsG

New Member
Messages
309
Saleem said:
mithu said:
Why not just make the forum taptalk compatible? Then you really don't need a mobile site. Or seperate alps for iphone andand android since taptalk is universal.
The reason is tapatalk requires a separate app install and non-direct access. Also requires code integration and upkeep that will hinder future forum upgrades.

The current solution is direct online; you can have an icon on your phone home screen, as I do. And when working, will automatically detect your iPhone or android phone. It will also recognize palmOS but it will laugh at you.
LOL to palmOS haha

O hp veer shall have "webOS" so maybe the person or two who shall get it can just wait till they get home :p
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
ENVY BANG-RUH said:
Still havent answered my question BTF god sir.
it's a conflict between two modifications (one which renames all the URLs from numbers to the actual topic names, and the other is the iPhone skin). I will see if me or Swi can fix this but it's not a top priority right now.
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
Saleem said:
mithu said:
Why not just make the forum taptalk compatible? Then you really don't need a mobile site. Or seperate alps for iphone andand android since taptalk is universal.
The reason is tapatalk requires a separate app install and non-direct access. Also requires code integration and upkeep that will hinder future forum upgrades.

The current solution is direct online; you can have an icon on your phone home screen, as I do. And when working, will automatically detect your iPhone or android phone. It will also recognize palmOS but it will laugh at you.
Also, TapATalk costs $2.99 for you, for the version that you can actually post to the forum. This solution is free for everyone.
 
Top