• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Top Calibur Competitions

sargam627

F.S.U.
Bharathi said:
amancheema said:
IMO, Boston Bhangra is currently holds the thrown as the King of comps.... Not only is the whole experience just next level, but the lineup always has a great mix of top teams from all over the continent.

Bhangra Idols also seems like an insanely awesome time but the location is so isolated from other bhangra-power-house cities that it becomes difficult for the lineup to be geographically mixed. Bruin Bhangra may also be in the same boat- the lineup needs some Toronto love to make it complete haha.

Elite 8 was great the first year but from what I've been hearing from a lot of teams lately, it hasn't established itself as the "competition that everyone wants to get into"... The hype seems to have been pretty short-lived.

Also, Bayside Bhangra seems to be the next desired destination for a hell lotta teams.

And finally... PAO BHANGRA :) ... although it's an exhibition, it's simply amazing.
Idols is worth the flight :p

Other favourites are Bruin and Boston.
Kela khaana?

Bharathi

sargam627 said:
Bharathi said:
amancheema said:
IMO, Boston Bhangra is currently holds the thrown as the King of comps.... Not only is the whole experience just next level, but the lineup always has a great mix of top teams from all over the continent.

Bhangra Idols also seems like an insanely awesome time but the location is so isolated from other bhangra-power-house cities that it becomes difficult for the lineup to be geographically mixed. Bruin Bhangra may also be in the same boat- the lineup needs some Toronto love to make it complete haha.

Elite 8 was great the first year but from what I've been hearing from a lot of teams lately, it hasn't established itself as the "competition that everyone wants to get into"... The hype seems to have been pretty short-lived.

Also, Bayside Bhangra seems to be the next desired destination for a hell lotta teams.

And finally... PAO BHANGRA :) ... although it's an exhibition, it's simply amazing.
Idols is worth the flight :p

Other favourites are Bruin and Boston.
Kela khaana?
???

ahmad

Honestly, speaking from a college perspective, the biggest competitions for us to apply to and get in are (or used to be for the last 4 years) Bhangra Blowout, Burgh and Boston.

I think the difference between people's opinions comes in the independent vs. college line. Cause if you think about it, once you're done with the beg of May many college teams are basically done for the year while independent competitions still happen.

I would also add Bayside as a will-be biggest competition