• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Tying a pagh on yourself.

baljot

Member
Messages
484
Does anyone have any good videos or tips on tying a pagh on yourself?
Im starting to tie my teams paghs and i cant seem to get my own paghs turla put in correctly!
So please post some video and tips! Thanks :)
 
Messages
921
lmao i did one for a vaisakhi performance i did on myself i really dont know how i did it but .... i made it as tight aspossible stuffed the turla in myself and than spread out the turla AND MADE SURE THE PATTI WAS MEGA SUPER DUPER TIGHT!

lemme show you how crappy it is but im alot better at the lards now like i make a really nice pagg now


blue one on left at the starting
Nishani Bhangra @ College Station Vaisakhi

very bad pagg but it worked haha ... umm


the only way your going to be able to get a pagg on yourself is if someone ties a legit one on you or if .. you practice you bundh off
 

Attachments

baljot

Member
Messages
484
Deepi253 said:
you practice you bundh off
either that...or i thought of tying it on someone else and slipping it on. but that can either work alright or be a epic phailure
 

gursikhpreet1

Member
Messages
272
yea it would be nice to have a video showing how to tie a self-turla!

i find tying the larhs relatively easy- almost like tying larhs on a 'normal' pagh. for the turla part, i find it helpful to get one person to push the sides of your pagh while i shove the turla in there. i have trouble with making sure the the turla is even though.

also it's always kinda stressful to tie paghs for your team and then tie the pagh on yourself like 5 mins before the performance. so any advice would be appreciated!!
 

Cherag

Active Member
Messages
400


I tied this one on myself a while ago, and I'll make a video so people can see what I try to get it to look good, but if I'm not mistaken, I think that Jasraj had a video up where he tied a pagh on himself as well.
 

Pavan

New Member
Messages
155
that is a sickk pagh for tying it on yourself. i find it helpful to just have someone on your team push the turla in, and then you can take over for the rest of it. Shaping the turla on yourself will prolly just be a matter of practice. Im not very good at it yet, but each time i feel like the turla comes out better when i tie the pagh on myself. and yea, having the patti pretty tight makes the pagh feel nice and secure, but i figure you should tie the patti pretty tight on every pagh u tie.
 

A.JAGGI

Member
Messages
124
Cherag said:


I tied this one on myself a while ago, and I'll make a video so people can see what I try to get it to look good, but if I'm not mistaken, I think that Jasraj had a video up where he tied a pagh on himself as well.
did you post the video?
 

Vic

Member
Messages
291
tie it on someone else... do everything but the patti.. take it off that persons head and put it on your own. fix it wherever needed... try to make sure the persons head is bigger then urs... the patti will secure it
 

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Messages
2,098
Vic said:
tie it on someone else... do everything but the patti.. take it off that persons head and put it on your own. fix it wherever needed... try to make sure the persons head is bigger then urs... the patti will secure it
I know a few guys who won't be able to find a head bigger than their own ::)
 
Top