• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Useless Competition Smack-Talk BRUAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

sodi

Jado Panga Burahhhhhhhhhhhh
Bro first of all I am not the part of the competition. Second I know Kinnell wasn't the only one to make statement about it. Third I did understood his point but I don't think we need to disrespect relegion to prove a point. And I am not hating on anyone but if Kinnell took offense to my first post, I will say my bad about harsh language approach. I think we should have just waited before blowing smoke on the organizer. Also, lately I have seen on BTF people be talking crap to new dancers, making fun of them, etc. BTF is about helping people like you said and people here do help each other so nothing wrong you said there.

But I def took offense to that joke, and I would warn him in future, using Khalsa name in jokes is not a best thing to joke about.

I said all that to just make people think before they start making predictions.

End of the day, I do not have any hating intentions to anyone hell they all doing awesome job supporting Bhangra.
Swi said:
sodi, not to harp on this but:

1) Kinnell was not the only one to call out the way the competition has handled itself (i.e. the name, the typing in big font, lack of info, etc)
2) Kinnell did not make fun of religion, he was lampooning the name 'Ultimate bhangra competition' (as did others). A few members, who understood the context, did express their distaste for the joke he made and I think it was understood what the intention was so no one cared as it was not malicious with respect to religion
3) BTF is not about "proving other people wrong", BTF is about community and helping each other. When some members of said community are disrespected by a competition organizer (such as in this case) then it should be expected that some resistance will be met (unfair as it is). When the organizer then works with different BTF members it's expected that some shit will make its way on the site.... How the competition handles itself in that situation is important. In this case, the comp has provided all info required and has maintained contact, so there are no problems anymore
4) I'm assuming you're not with the comp, but there's some doubt given how strongly your attacking people over it. If you are with the comp, or if you know the guys running it, or your cousin is helping out with it or w/e, it'd be nice to know that so we can take your comments in context

The fact is that the organizer did not mention info is coming till late in a second thread about the competition. There are many BTF members working with the competition, I'm sure it'll be fine but it's fair for teams to ask questions until info is given. This stupid "fuck the haters" mentality is plain ridiculous. It's a comps responsibility to do what UBC has done so far, there's nothing special about it that people need to be all proud and chest-thumping. If it took an agitated mentality to get it done that that's sad. Everyone should relax and enjoy the fun that a NY comp should be

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
sodi said:
But I def took offense to that joke, and I would warn him in future, using Khalsa name in jokes is not a best thing to joke about.
Food for Thought, for you:
Why stop at just defending Khalsa? The "controversial" statement in question, despite its intentions NOT being offensive, was not specific to Sikhism...

sodi

Well a thought for you, if noone else want to say some about their religion not my problem. I defend my own principles. You have no right to make joke on other religions.

kinnell said:
sodi said:
Food for Thought, for you:
Why stop at just defending Khalsa? The "controversial" statement in question, despite its intentions NOT being offensive, was not specific to Sikhism...

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
sodi said:
Well a thought for you, if noone else want to say some about their religion not my problem. I defend my own principles. You have no right to make joke on other religions.
Perhaps, you're not getting the bigger picture or what I'm trying to get at. Nonetheless, I hope to meet you in person at UBC and perhaps having the opportunity to discuss/debate this specific topic/observation, in person. I hope you look forward to this as well... (if you don't plan on "jumping my ass") :)

kinnell said:
Rajbir said:
yea, hes the toughest guy on btf.
Only on BTF. In real life, I'm a real softie. :)

Yankee Saini said:
Main darr gaya ;D
You're afraid of a short gujju kid? My condolences.
hmmm softie eh? your avatar says something else ... the blue powerpuff was the gangster out of the 3 ... kinda scary

MundeNyDe

LMAOOOO

who is this sodi guy?

kinnell said:
sodi said:
Perhaps, you're not getting the bigger picture or what I'm trying to get at. Nonetheless, I hope to meet you in person at UBC and perhaps having the opportunity to discuss/debate this specific topic/observation, in person. I hope you look forward to this as well... (if you don't plan on "jumping my ass") :)

Manjot

Deepi253 said:
kinnell said:
Rajbir said:
yea, hes the toughest guy on btf.
Only on BTF. In real life, I'm a real softie. :)

Yankee Saini said:
Main darr gaya ;D
You're afraid of a short gujju kid? My condolences.
hmmm softie eh? your avatar says something else ... the blue powerpuff was the gangster out of the 3 ... kinda scary
lmaoo^^

anyways, can the mods split the topic? its kinda ruining the competition thread lol or well kinda going off-topic..

New thread: Kinnell vs haters
loll

sodi

If my truck aint on the road, it will be at UBC. Sure I will make sure I meet you there. Juming ass? Well no need for that Haha Koni uthe dekhlange.

kinnell said:
sodi said:

sodi

MundeNyDe said:
LMAOOOO

who is this sodi guy?

Thand Rakh 22, uthe mil lavange, Tere naal vi milni hoju.

kinnell said:
sodi said:

Yankee Saini

ਅਣਖ ਨਾਲ ਜੇ ਜਿਊਣਾ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਏ ll
kar layo gall :eek: patandar deh chaar panj ralh ke ik deh e magar paye aa ::) . Oo thuanu koi sharam shuram hai jaa nahi!!! ??? N' Sodi bai, kyun tu faltu da apna dimaag kharaab kar reha aa? aethe koi nahi kisey di sun-da, is layi koi faida nahi veer. ;D

jo tu kehna si, oh tu keh ditta, hun bas gall muk-aa ;) naale milni mulni shadd, aaven agley shagan lai ke tur jaoo geh vadhoo da hahaha 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.