• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Vendor Feedback

mithu

I'm assuming HSA is telling client to post comments on this post to promote business

hardeep_singh

I'm assuming HSA is telling client to post comments on this post to promote business
i'm assuming you don't actually have a reason to comment. unless you're trying to be some sort of social justice warrior by bringing into question HSA's business practices or something, i mean if that's the case then where were you when aalok mann was actually telling people to post good reviews on btf, all the while ripping people off left and right. i know for a fact that HSA follow the same ethical standards i did when i was making and selling saaps, go try to be a hero somewhere else chump.

Yo do you guys make different colors besides white? Some judges don't really like plastic shikke and white really stands out.
ya, they can make saaps out of that same tutti colored material your boy aalok was making saaps out of and selling for $70 bucks a pop. no one gives a tutti about the color of plastic saaps anymore cuz everyone already uses them anyways. nsg got first place at burgh using white plastic saaps despite the fact that one of the judges happened to be a person who had publicly disparaged the whole concept of plastic saaps on btf yrs ago.

AalokMann

i'm assuming you don't actually have a reason to comment. unless you're trying to be some sort of social justice warrior by bringing into question HSA's business practices or something, i mean if that's the case then where were you when aalok mann was actually telling people to post good reviews on btf, all the while ripping people off left and right. i know for a fact that HSA follow the same ethical standards i did when i was making and selling saaps, go try to be a hero somewhere else chump.

ya, they can make saaps out of that same tutti colored material your boy aalok was making saaps out of and selling for $70 bucks a pop. no one gives a tutti about the color of plastic saaps anymore cuz everyone already uses them anyways. nsg got first place at burgh using white plastic saaps despite the fact that one of the judges happened to be a person who had publicly disparaged the whole concept of plastic saaps on btf yrs ago.
umm *$55-60. Thanks for promoting my Tutti Color Saaps Hardeep.

Bajwa99

"Too Many Rookies Not Enough Gabroos"
This is a problem in our own brown culture. Bashing on the success of others, and never supporting someone. Tere tatte dukhde aa? Yeah my boy Aalok had some tough times but everything is squared away with the teams.

hskalirai1

Harnaik Singh Kalirai
Vendor Name: Aalok Mann
Main Contact: Aalok Mann
E-mail Address/Phone Number: aalokmann@gmail.com || 916-494-1088
City, State, Country of where you're based: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Social Media Links: Facebook: Aalok Mann
Types of products offered: Plastic Saaps (Brown, Silver, White, and Black).
Visit the link below to see some of my work.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/155109501@N04/0498J9

Teams Worked with:

Nachde Shokeen Gabroo (NSG) - California
Cal Bhangra - Calfornia
Bruin Bhangra - California
Bhangra Empire - California
Khire Phul Gulab De (KPGD) - North Carolina
Gajjdi Jawani - North Carolina
UNC Bhangra Elite (UNC) - North Carolina
First Class Bhangra (FCB) - Pittsburgh
CMU Bhangra - Pittsburgh
Cornell Bhangra - NY
Rochester Bhangra - NY
Michigan Bhangra Team (MBT) - Michigan
Furteelay - Michigan
VT Bhangra - Virginia
Buckeye Bhangra - Ohio
Spartan Bhangra - Ohio
Vanderbilt Bhangradores - Nashville
AEG - NY
Ankhile - United Kingdom
Melbourne Bhangra Regiment - Australia
SWAT Bhangra - Singapore
Royal Academy of Bhangra - Canada

If only we had an 'ebay' like feedback page here.

So he sent us half the props, kept half our money and has the audacity to name us on his advertisement?

We made our order in 2016 and we've given up chasing this guy. I don't normally like to name and shame people, but it's an insult that he mentioned 'Ankhile' as one of the teams he supplied to.

Not recommended. Stick to India or a different US supplier.

Last edited:

hardeep_singh

If only we had an 'ebay' like feedback page here.

So he sent us half the props, kept half our money and has the audacity to name us on his advertisement?

We made our order in 2016 and we've given up chasing this guy. I don't normally like to name and shame people, but it's an insult that he mentioned 'Ankhile' as one of the teams he supplied to.

Not recommended. Stick to India or a different US supplier.
thanks for sharing your experience on btf, i encourage others who have had similar experience with any vendors to share on btf, any vendor ripping people off should be called out publicly. i'd also suggest that there be some sort of regulation such that any vendor who is known for shady business practices gets wiped from btf and is disallowed from self-promotion on here.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
i'd also suggest that there be some sort of regulation such that any vendor who is known for shady business practices gets wiped from btf and is disallowed from self-promotion on here.
I like the idea, but I'm not sure if BTF .... *cough* Saleem & I *cough* want to or have the time to really research if claims about people/teams getting ripped off by vendors are true or not (and wait to hear from the vendor, play the middle party, etc). I think the best thing to do is for people who had good and bad experiences with vendors just post in this topic or create a new topic dedicated for feedback (i.e. like HSA Bhangra Props has).

Really, it should be the responsibility of the person or team that is looking to order things to take a few moments to research online and/or search on BTF for feedback on vendors. If someone really can't find any information, it doesn't hurt to throw up a topic asking for people's experience with such vendor.

The purpose of this topic is just to compile a list of vendors that are out there - whether on BTF or not (I had to get some of the vendors to create BTF accounts just to post their info here) so it's an easy place to reference.

~ Basim :)

Last edited:

hardeep_singh

I'm not sure if BTF .... *cough* Saleem & I *cough* want to or have the time to really research if claims about people/teams getting ripped off by vendors are true or not
makes sense.
interject counterpoint
i don't recall you guys doing any research that time i was banned for two months for replying and referring to amit sharma (dj parasitedark) as a bahman, i found it especially entertaining due to the fact that he is a bahman (brahmin). a little research might have helped you guys understand how the term is used in punjab. who knows maybe you guys were just looking for an excuse to ban me due to the fact that i called you out for your hypocritical policy towards restricting the use of punjabi/gurmukhi script on this forum.

hskalirai1

Harnaik Singh Kalirai
I like the idea, but I'm not sure if BTF .... *cough* Saleem & I *cough* want to or have the time to really research if claims about people/teams getting ripped off by vendors are true or not (and wait to hear from the vendor, play the middle party, etc). I think the best thing to do is for people who had good and bad experiences with vendors just post in this topic or create a new topic dedicated for feedback (i.e. like HSA Bhangra Props has).

Really, it should be the responsibility of the person or team that is looking to order things to take a few moments to research online and/or search on BTF for feedback on vendors. If someone really can't find any information, it doesn't hurt to throw up a topic asking for people's experience with such vendor.

The purpose of this topic is just to compile a list of vendors that are out there - whether on BTF or not (I had to get some of the vendors to create BTF accounts just to post their info here) so it's an easy place to reference.

~ Basim :)

Agreed - I think feedback is very important... especially if one is trying to research a particular supplier. Unfortunately Alokh did not have much feedback at the time and any reviews that he did have seemed positive.

It was only until later we realised he scammed us. Again, I think this shouldn't be a discussion where people bring forward personal agenda's, it should simply be a marketplace/forum whereby suppliers have honest feedback.

Lesson learnt - research your supplier before making an order!

I hope other teams can take this feedback onboard so that they do not experience similar issues - whether its with Alokh or any other supplier. Its not the best of situations to be in... especially if you have the pressure of competing and have bills to pay.

AalokMann

Agreed - I think feedback is very important... especially if one is trying to research a particular supplier. Unfortunately Alokh did not have much feedback at the time and any reviews that he did have seemed positive.

It was only until later we realised he scammed us. Again, I think this shouldn't be a discussion where people bring forward personal agenda's, it should simply be a marketplace/forum whereby suppliers have honest feedback.

Lesson learnt - research your supplier before making an order!

I hope other teams can take this feedback onboard so that they do not experience similar issues - whether its with Alokh or any other supplier. Its not the best of situations to be in... especially if you have the pressure of competing and have bills to pay.

I wasn't able to finish the Saaps on time and i know it's ABSURD the amount of time it took me. So, I apologize wholeheartedly. I'm not gonna be out here defending myself because i know i am wrong and nothing like this will ever happen again. The amount of money i owed for the Saaps i couldn't finish for you guys was returned (Took me a while). The only problem besides that we had was it was my first time shipping an international order and i wasn't aware of the custom fees that Ankhile would had to pay in order for them to pick the saaps up. @hskalirai1 Brother i am so sorry and would like to apologize to the whole team but especially to you. I was in a very tough tough situation in my life and i should have been more clear about that. However, I am not in the Saap business anymore so if @Basim could delete my post that would be great. I apologize again for the problems i have caused.

Last edited:

hskalirai1

Harnaik Singh Kalirai
I wasn't able to finish the Saaps on time and i know it's ABSURD the amount of time it took me. So, I apologize wholeheartedly. I'm not gonna be out here defending myself because i know i am wrong and nothing like this will ever happen again. The amount of money i owed for the Saaps i couldn't finish for you guys was returned (Took me a while). The only problem besides that we had was it was my first time shipping an international order and i wasn't aware of the custom fees that Ankhile would had to pay in order for them to pick the saaps up. @hskalirai1 Brother i am so sorry and would like to apologize to the whole team but especially to you. I was in a very tough tough situation in my life and i should have been more clear about that. However, I am not in the Saap business anymore so if @Basim could delete my post that would be great. I apologize again for the problems i have caused.
you never refunded the entire amount. You paid back some of it in instalments and made excuses up each and everytime Harpal asked you. Part of the money is still owed and when we asked for it - you claimed that you had issues with your supplier/business partner (which is none of our business).

Tbh we've accepted that we're never going to see that money. Whilst I can emphasize that you was going through a tough time (whatever it may be)... it doesn't give you an right to rob people.

I'm glad you've done the circuit a favour and stopped supplying.

Case closed

AalokMann

you never refunded the entire amount. You paid back some of it in instalments and made excuses up each and everytime Harpal asked you. Part of the money is still owed and when we asked for it - you claimed that you had issues with your supplier/business partner (which is none of our business).

Tbh we've accepted that we're never going to see that money. Whilst I can emphasize that you was going through a tough time (whatever it may be)... it doesn't give you an right to rob people.

I'm glad you've done the circuit a favour and stopped supplying.

Case closed
I refunded the entire amount for the Saaps i did NOT finish. YES! it was in installments but it was paid back (I got all the receipts). I am not going to pay you for the custom fees because that's not my problem. If i knew there were custom fee's involved i would have included that in the invoice. The point is you would have still had to still pay the customs.

Now it's case closed. SSA

Nilly

Hi BTF,

I'm posting on behalf of my team, Lone Star Gabroos. We got our vardis from Harjeet Mangi. I'm posting on here because we had a terrible experience with him and I want to make sure all of you out there are aware. Why we had a bad experience overall is a pretty long and annoying story that I'd be happy to share outside of here if needed (DM me).
  • He promised that we would have vardis on a date we both decided (2 weeks before our comp), and he actually didn't even have them ready then
  • He shipped them too close to the comp date knowing there could be a delay
  • Even at this point, he shipped only half the order that we got a week before the comp. The other half (all the vests), he shipped in a different box at a different time, which didn't make it on time.
  • We got lucky that SDK had their old vardis that they were kind enough to let us borrow for the competition or we would have had to back out from it 2 days prior to it
  • Later, after arguing for hours altogether, he agreed to give us a tiny refund ($100 for all 12 vardis) that we still haven't gotten.
Vardis are dope though. Besides some minor issues in work, which I'm assuming happened because of how last minute he did everything, they look amazing on stage.

Best,

Nilly