• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

VIBC results

kaalia

Underdog republic came and placed i see...lets see how they do next weekend against a bigger badder lineup in Calgary. Congrats to PANj and Shan-e as well. \

Someone post reviews

Manjot

WOO shan-e! much deserved 1st place...I'm not sure about 2nd or 3rd tho...nsm had a good shot :s but congrats to all teams!

Bharathi

Congrats to all the teams! Bhangra Republik...I can't even compare you guys to how you were before, the improvement is amazing keep up your hard work!

Shan-E well deserved first place, you guys have improved so much as well!!!

NSM^2...the MCs said you guys have workshops and things like that? If you post when they are and where maybe more people would show up? I have never known about them if I did, I totally would have come out and supported =)

j_gill

We had a great time in Vancouver. VIBC was alot of fun and a great competition. It was awesome meeting everyone like NSM PANJ and Shan E.
I would also like to thank Surrey Arts for helping us with our paags, they did an amazing job.

Thanks again and cant wait to see everyone at Jashan.

ameetkhabra

veni. vidi. vici
congrats to all the placing teams and to the remaining competing teams! I was unable to make it to the show, but I heard it was a great event. ;D

JT

PANJ placed, guess there won't be a thread about this comp, and it's organizers :p Jus playin !!

r.gill

Bharathi said:
Congrats to all the teams! Bhangra Republik...I can't even compare you guys to how you were before, the improvement is amazing keep up your hard work!

NSM^2...the MCs said you guys have workshops and things like that? If you post when they are and where maybe more people would show up? I have never known about them if I did, I totally would have come out and supported =)
yes we do have workshops that we run where we teach bhangra.. however your support would not have been needed since its preschool kids that we teach, if in the future we decide to teach older ppl i will gladly let you know when and where the workshops will be held so you can come out and learn :)

Bharathi

ravelgill said:
Bharathi said:

yes we do have workshops that we run where we teach bhangra.. however your support would not have been needed since its preschool kids that we teach, if in the future we decide to teach older ppl i will gladly let you know when and where the workshops will be held so you can come out and learn :)
ravelgill said:
Bharathi said:

Too funny! I taught your coach! So if there are preschool kids that I know IN Abby that want lessons can I point them your way or is it only specific schools that you guys teach at?

Sona Johal

Bharathi said:
ravelgill said:
Bharathi said:

ravelgill said:
Bharathi said:

Too funny! I taught your coach! So if there are preschool kids that I know IN Abby that want lessons can I point them your way or is it only specific schools that you guys teach at?
Bharathi you taught us bollywood not bhangra lets not take credit for everything...the preschools we taught at are only open to the students they have enrolled. In the past Rishi and some of the other girls also held workshops only open to SFU students and both of us have conducted workshops at a few schools in surrey and abby for diwali/vasakhi/multicultural day. Our team volunteers consistently. If you would like to know more, we are always a phone call away ; )

AmyDee

Bharathi said:
ravelgill said:
Bharathi said:

ravelgill said:
Bharathi said:

Teach me how to bhangra , teach me teach me how to bhangra.

Raminder

One team, one dream.
jasjeet said:
line up ?
  • S.P.A.C. - Surrey, BC
  • Pehchaan Apni Nachdi Jandi (PANJ) Co-ed - Surrey, BC
  • Bhangra Republik - Calgary
  • Nachde Sher Mastane (NSM) - Surrey, BC
  • Nachda Punjab - Surrey, BC
  • North Delta Bhangra - Delta, B.C
I'm pretty sure that was the updated line up!

SunnyParmar

ravelgill said:
Bharathi said:

Lol, obviously there seems to be some confusion on your part, I believe Bharthi was asking about the workshops to help out, not to learn. If you have not noticed, or nobody has pointed out to you, is that bharthi is the leader of jawani, an established long standing team which is legendary in all across north america. I've personally seen bharthi take new dancers into her team and win big competitions. Placing at a couple compeitions doesn't mean you can make smart remarks about teaching a veteran of bhangra. Im sure if you're lucky you'll be able to learn bhangra from bharthi one day, and maybe some manners too. Maybe you shouldn't be teaching preschool kids lol, but learning how to communicate and interact with elders instead.

r.gill

SunnyParmar said:
ravelgill said:
Bharathi said:

Lol, obviously there seems to be some confusion on your part, I believe Bharthi was asking about the workshops to help out, not to learn. If you have not noticed, or nobody has pointed out to you, is that bharthi is the leader of jawani, an established long standing team which is legendary in all across north america. I've personally seen bharthi take new dancers into her team and win big competitions. Placing at a couple compeitions doesn't mean you can make smart remarks about teaching a veteran of bhangra. Im sure if you're lucky you'll be able to learn bhangra from bharthi one day, and maybe some manners too. Maybe you shouldn't be teaching preschool kids lol, but learning how to communicate and interact with elders instead.

there was no confusion, she was asking about the workshops and i told her about the workshops i wasnt planning on hurting anyones ego :) Maybe in 13 yrs when i am bharathi's age ill establish a sick team that'll be legendary across the world haha .. We teach preschoolers not just bhangra cause we dont want them to go down the wrong path so i think we'll stick to teaching them, but thanks though. Im lucky to have my wonderful coaches that i have ( SHOUTOUT TO SONALI AND RISHMA <3) and ill stick with them .. if you respect bharathi that much you should go learn from her than :)

Kaur

Why can't we all just get along !! No need to disrespect eachother.I think everyone here love doing for the kids at the end of the day. I wish jawani girls the best of luck at bruin and nsm great job at Vibc!!