• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

[VIDEO & MIX RELEASE] CMU Bhangra @ Bhangra Blowout 2015 **Third Place**

Sid

Sup everyone,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfdiFUj7_QQ

Mix: https://soundcloud.com/first-class-beats/cmu-blowout-2015

We finally got around to releasing our video from Blowout this year. Pretty emotional since it's my last competition as captain of CMU Bhangra (same goes for my co-captain and good friend Shubhit Singh), and I'm incredibly happy to end my CMU captaincy and membership back home in NoVA at Blowout.
Huge shoutout to the Blowout committee (particularly my homies Anum and Saira) for helping make the weekend an absolutely amazing experience for the entire CMU Bhangra family.

Harjot (GabrooTV) will release the rest of our videos from this semester tomorrow, which includes Bhangra Fever (2nd place) and Elite 8. We'll also release our non-GTV video of Buckeye Mela in the next couple days. Also a huge thanks to Harjot for all his help and work this year and in the past with our videos.

Would love any thoughts on the video in this thread. Stay tuned for the rest of the videos and mixes soon!

~ Sid

[Edit: posted Blowout 15 mix]

HdBrar

Welcome to the Dark Side.
Re: [VIDEO RELEASE] CMU Bhangra @ Bhangra Blowout 2015 **Third Place**

That mix is fiiiiyaaaaaa

Prabhzy

16 bethkas in the end? No problem!

liked the Scottish influence at the start of the mix. ( lets get Ashwin here!!)

Loved how everyone maintained their energy levels throughout the set.

ishaankolluri

khunde chaal and jugni were just fuckin dirty i need a fire extinguisher

KironMizanur

Loughborough & Gabru Furteley

Prabhzy said:
lets get Ashwin here!!

He should've replied by now ;D ;D

Any chance of the mix being released? It's sick

teanah203

You guys never ever disappoint. This was my favorite performance of the night - I lost it during jugni. Keep up the amazing work :)

Vijay

fantastic set/dancing - straight bhangra. beautiful jhummer - so many teams half ass their's now. got mad nostalgic from the transition in your mix after khundey that had the intro to punjabi mc's mirza lol.

shahrj

Ive gotten used to expecting sexy sets from you guys the past year or two and I'm never let down --- this should've won imo. Not a lot of co-ed teams these days put performances up that make me nostalgic, yet yall seem to do it consistently. Congrats on the placing :)

Gopi D

The dancers/ routine seem to get better with every competition and I really enjoy watching that a lot. Especially since being a collegiate team makes it harder to have consistency of dancers on the team. Also, I love that you guys try and incorporate something in every segment that's pleasing and fun to watch. Keep up the great work!

mitrapatel09

Yellow Guys Sucked....I feel like they shouldnt have been on the team IMO. they should have been warming the benches....

JK you guys were kinda hawt. i would violate both of you personally... if i havent already ;)

The rest was Straight Fire. 8)

Saab

Today is a gift

I love the mix and the jhoomer, really thought the set showed the team going into a more dancer focused routine and it really highlighted the talent on the team well.

Sid

Blowout 2015 mix released!

https://soundcloud.com/first-class-beats/cmu-blowout-2015

Thanks to Amar & Ram of First Class Beats for the fire mix.

Hope you enjoy it! Def drop your thoughts here.

nish41293

What is 4:36-4:53 in the blowout mix from? I love that music so much. Doesn't seem like it's part of aashiq ban baitha.