• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Virsa: Our Tradition @ Bhangra in the Burgh 2014!

Here is our video from Bhangra in the Burgh 2014. Enjoy.
Virsa: Our Tradition @ Bhangra in the Burgh 2014
Red: Lucky and Darsh
Yellow: Sundeep and Kevin
Blue: Money and Gurjit
Black: Frank and Arsh
Orange: Navi and Aneesh
Pink: Harjot and Gurjeet
Chimta: Sunny Kanwar
Mix: Aka$h

Congrats to all placing teams. Only watched SMD, was a great performance and well deserved first place.

arnab

i had so much fun watching that set - great job guys! i wasn't there live, but could feel the confidence you brought to the stage just from the video. lack of comfort on stage is a problem that so many new teams share... they can learn a lot from the years of experience from teams like VOT.

i can only imagine that it was super close for placings, but unfortunately i could see the set getting relatively low marks on the "creativity" section. though, i don't think that should ever deter people from performing bhangra in the way THEY want. keep it up boys - the performance speaks for itself.

tajinder

Lucky is probably one of the best dancers out there. You always Kill the set with an ease and not to forget Sunny Kanwar AKA Monster ( Best chimta Player At burgh) Lol.

Ssingh91

sickkk!!! great recovery when the saap broke...deff a placing performance....Virsa has gotten so much better. looking forward to there next performance. Judges must have had a tough decision.

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
I'm going to go against the grain here. I was expecting better from V:OT. Always loved what these guys bring to competitions but this one left me wanting a lot more:

- Routine was okay. Biggest problem I had with it was the abrupt transitions between songs. And what I mean by that, is that the songs just didn't flow together. Example would be from dhamaal to chaal. While it may "work" for the mix and you can dance to it, it just ruined any sort of flow for me. May want to think about restructuring the routine or picking songs that work better together to allow for smooth flow.

On the note of creativity, there were a few moments of awesome. Such as the 2nd 8 beats of phumania. and the step at 6:47 of OP's video. But there were a lot of parts that could have been way way better. And with the rubric burgh has, I'm surprised you guys didn't push the bar more like you normally do.

- Execution wasn't clean or strong. Cleanliness is the barometer for how well prepared the overall team is. There were plenty of noticeable mistakes, more seen live than on video. Lucky's recovery after the saap locking wasn't great. He kept killing it, but the moving betka he was out of line, and then made a few more mistakes right after that.

All dancers had solid form/posture. But Lucky, Sandeep and one of the Pink guys were just on another level in terms of their strength which separated them from the whole team. They were dancing with what looked like way more passion and a want to destroy the routine than the rest of the team. It's not to say they're actually way better than the others, it just took away from the team unity. I'd really like to see the rest of the team pick it up because 12 dudes going as hard as those 3 did? would be nutssssssssssss

For these reasons, I see why this didn't place or "deserve" a placing. It wasn't your best run through and it didn't match burgh's rubric.
All my comments are based upon my view of the live performance.

I hope you guys receive this feedback well and come to the next one hardddddd

Thanks for all the love and appreciation. We grew as a team from this experience and will come back stronger and harder next time. :)

Here is a full track list:
Beginning Sher: Gurkawal Sidhu
Kundian Muchan-Pappi Gill
Yaari-Pappi Gill
Pachian Pindan Da- Harry Singh
Dushman Naal Panga- Aman Yaar
Bhangra Boliyan-Aalam Jasdeep Singh
Tohar-Pinder Randhawa
Lecture Laa Ke- Nachattar Gill
Munda Sardara Da-Ranjit Bawa
26 Ban Gyi- Gippy Grewal
Yaari Yaaran Di- Kuldip Manak
Singh- Nachattar Gill
Preet Kaureh- Saini Surinder
Audi-Balraj
Tich Lagdi- Jazzy B
Velly Yaar-Kulwinder Dhillon
Honsle-Angrej Ali
Hathyaar-Bukan Jatt
Mela: Punjab De Gabru- Sukhwinder Pannchi

jasraj93

Damn good stuff boys, definitely deserved a placing, shout out to Lucky, I remember seeing him at BAB 2011 and he could barely do jugni properly now this guys easily one of the greeziest dancers in the circuit, & Sunny, someone give him an award for best chimta player LOLLL

Aka$h

Like.Share.Support.Follow.Love You Too.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/aka-h/virsa-our-tradition-bhangra-in-the-burgh-2014[/soundcloud]