• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 2: Bracket A - Matchup 4 (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swisscheese

DJ 1 for me!
DJ 1: vocals were def muffled and 0:49 I thought that pitching up an octave kinda messed up the riser. I would go with pitching down an octave for building tension or having a gradual high cut filter but the percussions and baseline were on point!
DJ 2: The glass breaking sound effect was a bit much to have every 8 beats and kinda loud. Vocals were def muffled and could done something more with the tabla throughout. Also the random key signature shift at 0:16 was kinda jarring but I would love to hear this fully fledged out! Great start!

GSingh

DJ 1: Vocals were really buried in the sound so need to mix everything a little better. I heard some out of pitch notes in the opening piece before the vocals came in.

DJ 2: I didn't get the key change of the instrumental at :17. The overall vibe was a little simpler than DJ 1.

Vote: DJ1

Status
Not open for further replies.