• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 3: Bracket A - Matchup 3 (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mans

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for Bracket A - Matchup 3 in the mixing ladder! Please vote for your favorite mix below. Feedback is also welcome, and encouraged!

Voting closes on Thursday, June 4th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to valid BTF accounts. Newly made accounts will be monitored for possible foul play.

ATTENTION MIXERS:
As a reminder, if mixers vote on every OTHER matchup (BOTH BRACKETS) for this week, they will have 2 votes added to their own matchup’s tally in their favor! DO NOT VOTE IN YOUR OWN MATCHUP!

The theme of the matchup was creating Saap Segments with old school songs.
Both DJs were assigned the song Ikko Tera Lakh Warga - Jelly, linked below:

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

kman58

My vote is DJ1, this was hot, no complaints. DJ2, I liked the ideas and buildup, if you mixed this stuff in key (particularly between Tommy Di Jean and Ikko Tera) it would've been a much harder vote.

wadz

DJ 1 - really creative with the sampling and you found a great drum pattern that rode well, great job!
DJ 2 - didn't really seem to fit the prompt of a sapp segment in terms of tempo/structure imo, and was dominated by another song for the most part. great eq work tho, those 808s were bangin

I vote DJ 1

mogul517

DJ 2 filled my headphones better but I would prefer DJ 1's mix if I needed a mix for a saap segment

my vote dj 1

guranshsingh

Dj 1: Interesting intro. Ooh Eminem sample was fire. Metro tag felt off key, but still cool concept. I like the woo woo sample, not sure what the 2nd Punjabi song was because the vocals were hella hard to understand. Dope concept tho

Dj 2: Ooh that sample is tight at the beginning. Didn’t love the transition into Ikko Tera. The vocals of the two songs sounded completely distinct. You could’ve done a better job at EQing those two songs to sound more similar.

Vote: DJ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.