• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 3 - BTF Ladder - 4. DJ Ra vs. 1. Swizzee

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Please vote on which mix you like better by posting in the thread below. There's no poll. You must have a minimum of 10 posts to vote. Voting ends at 11:59 PST on Tuesday night!

This challenge is between 4. DJ Ra and 1. Swizzee. The challenge was to make a regular bhangra segment. The original song is Jawani by Surjit Bhullar (it's really hard to mix).

DJ 1:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/btf-mixing-ladder-week-3-1[/soundcloud]

DJ 2:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/btf-mixing-ladder-week-3-2[/soundcloud]

mrgrewal780

I think both Dj's maximized the potential of this song being good. Song selection should be more "hype" but nonetheless, I go with DJ 1.

karandeol

Too many rookies, not enough GABROOS
Close challenge, but thematically, I thought 2 made more sense. I liked DJ 1's idea though.

Vote: DJ 2

xlnc

both DJ's did a really great job at mixing the songs, different styles - i thought mix 2 had a little too much happening for my taste - so

DJ1

HarjitSingh

Great mixes. I'll go with DJ 2.

DJ 1's mix was more mitha (sweet) with a nice beginning and good use of the mirrors instrumental. However, I think the ending with mirrors went on for a bit too long. In this mix it's not as clear for me as to how to dance to it.

DJ 2 had a harder more aggressive mix. Could be a good hard-hitting segment. Beamer Benz and Bentley is used a lot though.

rajkaran

I like what DJ 1 tried to do...it took me a while to see where it was going.

However, DJ 2 did the trick for me.

Billy Bob

Great job both DJ's.

I'll go with DJ 2 only because he/she kept a consistent theme. DJ 1 had some great segments, but overall it lacked consistency which I didnt like, individually, each segment of DJ 1 was great tho.

vote: DJ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.