• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 3 Match ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mithu

Sorry for the delay! Ranking will be updated soon.

Here are the match ups, songs, and theme for this week:
Matchups

Code:
1. DJ JSM vs DJ real deol
2. Folk'Ed Up Productions vs RsK
3. Hardeep Sihota vs DJ Vadha Bai
4. ICM ENT vs DJ HsD
5. H.S vs SSK
6. Teg Hans vs DJ HSK
7. XI Music vs DJ Baaj
8. DJ Tej vs MKG
9. Aka$h vs KSM
10. NsD vs DJ Jassi
11. Gurjeet Singh Pabla vs Dj Deepu
12. DJ Nitrone vs DJ Isb
13. DJ Avy vs YGR entertainment
14. DJ Preet vs Double A
Songs

Theme: No trap or dhol mixes.

Mixes due Sunday (9/4) at 9PM EST/ 6PM PDT
NO LATE SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED

Instruction on where to send mixes is in the document.

Mans

BTF Mixing Mod
Excited to see what happens with this no hype mix challenge ;D

RsK

Aka$h said:
song selection is terrible
I disagree, song selection is great. This theme will have DJ's stepping out of their comfort zone, in order to create an "out of the ordinary" concept for the given song.

angeblah

Staff member
Stoked about this week's theme! Hoping to hear some work that screws with my expectations and makes me hear these songs in new ways. Great work so far, everyone.

Aka$h

RsK said:
Aka$h said:
I disagree, song selection is great. This theme will have DJ's stepping out of their comfort zone, in order to create an "out of the ordinary" concept for the given song.
Or it'll ruin classic songs.

RsK

Aka$h said:
RsK said:
Aka$h said:
Realistically speaking, every song (old or new), has been ruined by some DJ. Regardless, Typical trap/dhol mixes ruin songs.

The concept that the mods are trying to enforce is having DJ's step out of their comfort zone, trying something new.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
angeblah said:
Stoked about this week's theme! Hoping to hear some work that screws with my expectations and makes me hear these songs in new ways. Great work so far, everyone.

Same here! BUT you should take that listening to the next level and VOTE on your favorites Angela ;) We definitely looking for more BTF users to cast their votes.

I hope the theme forces DJ's to be a little more creative & do something a little difference.

Looking forward to this week's challenges,

~ Basim :)

angeblah

Staff member
HAHA, called out. Will do, Basim. ;D

Basim said:
angeblah said:

Same here! BUT you should take that listening to the next level and VOTE on your favorites Angela ;) We definitely looking for more BTF users to cast their votes.

Aka$h

RsK said:
Aka$h said:
RsK said:
Aka$h said:
Realistically speaking, every song (old or new), has been ruined by some DJ. Regardless, Typical trap/dhol mixes ruin songs.

The concept that the mods are trying to enforce is having DJ's step out of their comfort zone, trying something new.
lol ok

Navi Dhaliwal

Aka$h said:
RsK said:
Aka$h said:
RsK said:
Aka$h said:

lol ok
lol it's called an OPINION for a reason you dont have to agree with it.

H.S

Looking forward to seeing what djs are gonna make because mixes are typically trap/dhol. Gonna be interesting. ;D

ksxi

17 / UK - I like Bhangra (kinda)
I agree with you guys who don't like the song selection, but it does take DJs out of their zone to see what they are capable of.
My track is Main Teri Tu Mera, I have done the mix, but it is terrible lol.

Also, not sure if this is allowed, but there is a Dhol playing in the background, but it isnt a "dhol mix". It is just there to fill the track.

You can be the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.