• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 3 Matchup 2: DJ MOMO vs. Amundeep | Theme: Hip-Hop/Pop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasnoor98

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for matchup 2 of our third week in the mixing ladder! Both DJs were assigned the song Feel So Good, by Mase, linked below

Each mixer's submissions are also listed below anonymously.

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

You can vote by commenting below with your choice of which DJ (1 or 2) mixed the song more effectively. Feedback is also welcome.
Voting closes on Thursday, July 26th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to those with 10 or more BTF posts. Your vote will not be counted if you do not have at least 10 posts.

UmerQureshi96

Staff member
DJ 1: the punjabi song matched the vibe of the song so well, introduction into the punjabi song with that soft heyk was great, all around solid
DJ 2: as the intro states, super funky vibe was super interesting to listen to, I wish the intro was just a touch slower, I feel like the entire thing was just a little rushed

DJ 1

mogul517

DJ 1 - The verse felt a bit disjointed with the punjabi song and the english one trading vocals but it was well mixed. I liked the overall vibe though, it was smooth.
DJ 2: The atmospheric funky thing was super cool but also kinda disorienting, I didnt know what I was listening to for the first like 30 seconds. The mix could use work, it sounded like there was some distortion in the upper frequencies in the verse..

I vote DJ 2

GSingh

I liked DJ 1's more subtle concept.

DJ 2 had some pitch issues with the algoze as well as some issues with cohesiveness of the percussion samples.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Both DJ's provided something unique; they would be worthy contenders against just about any other DJ's competing in the ladder. I liked the funky sound of DJ 2, but felt it flowed too fast; it would have been great if the DJ shifted the bpm's throughout the mix to give some variety.

My vote: DJ 1 - as others pointed out, I loved the overall vibe of the mix. It's not always easy mixing two genres and your mix did it so well. I was impressed.

~ Basim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.