• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 4: Bracket B - Matchup 2 (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasnoor98

BTF Mixing Mod
Below are the mixes for Bracket B - Matchup 2 in the mixing ladder! Please vote for your favorite mix below. Feedback is also welcome, and encouraged!

Voting closes on Thursday, June 18th at 11:59 pm EST. Remember that voting is only open to valid BTF accounts. Newly made accounts will be monitored for possible foul play.

ATTENTION MIXERS:
As a reminder, if mixers vote on every OTHER matchup (BOTH BRACKETS) for this week, they will have 2 votes added to their own matchup’s tally in their favor! DO NOT VOTE IN YOUR OWN MATCHUP!

The theme of the matchup was Orchestra/Symphony tracks incorporated into a Punjabi mix.
Both DJs were assigned the song He's a Pirate (Pirates of the Caribbean) - Klaus Badelt , linked below:

DJ 1:

DJ 2:

kman58

DJ1, tbh most of this mix didn’t make sense to me. I was intrigued in the beginning with the message you were sending but then all semblance of the Pirates instrumental got lost, and the mixing was messy in general.
DJ2, that was a really creative use of the buildup into the Manak. This made me want to both dance and jump back into orchestra, well done.
I vote DJ2.

guranshsingh

DJ1: sound was very cluttered and the Punjabi song was off key.

DJ2: interesting concept, I liked the 2nd Punjabi song better, but good song with the given sample.

Vote DJ 2

GSingh

DJ 2, but only because DJ 1 was kinda all over the place. DJ 2 could def use some more cleaning up and tightening of the sound.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
My vote: DJ 2 - why was your intro so low in volume compared to the rest of your mix? You should have gradually brought up the volume to the rest of the mix.

DJ 1 was way too messy - almost like it was thrown together last minute. An example that even bad ears can make is the poor transition between 0:35-0:37

Honestly, I was expected more from both DJ's and this was a track that I was looking forward to hearing mixed with a Punjabi touch because of how popular it became when this movie was released (and became a signature piece for the series).

~ Basim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.