• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 4 - BTF Ladder - 31. NiraliS vs. 29. DJSargam

Status
Not open for further replies.

faizan

Just shut up and dance
dj2

d1's mix was boring...dj2 had an idea and executed it, but could have used the song more.

that being said, anyone can make a hot hype up--sound bite--drop the song segment, but to make this played out song (this manak-e song is super played out) sound awesome again was the real task here, which i think that neither dj did much to address.

footballforlife

Don't let the name fool you.
This is another tough call..

Mix1, I liked the concept. It was very different from any mix of the original I've ever heard. It was simple, but I appreciate simplicity when done well. This was done well.
Mix2, it took too long to get to the actual song. If these were 2min, or full, tracks, the entire vision you had might've come through. This was a well-done technical mix but wasn't executed to its full potential..

After some thought, I gotta give this to DJ1.

xlnc

Its funny I can tell which mix is whose, dj 1 did a great job - but damn dj 2 killed it with the drop. dj 2 takes it for me

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]My vote: DJ 2[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Just getting my vote in before tomorrow's deadline! I honestly wasn't a huge fan of either mix, but I gave it to DJ 2 for trying to push things to new level. DJ 1's mix was too simple for my taste. It was executed relatively well, but when I listen to the original song, I didn't notice a whole lot that was added in to really show off your mixing talent. I would have liked if DJ 2 kept more of the original song in the mix rather than just bring in sound clips from other places. For example, I would have preferred to have the segment from 0:24-0:34 because I don't feel it enhanced your mix all that much. You could have used those additional 10 seconds to bring in more of the original song and work on modifying that to sound "cool" in various ways.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I'm glad that both DJ's really watched their overall mix length and kept things short in length (actually both were almost 15 seconds below the total "guideline" of 1 min). You both still had a bit of leeway in terms of extending the overall length of your mix. I feel that keeping things concise and figuring what to include & what not to include is part of the "challenge" so you guys both did a good job in that aspect. Keep it up![/font]

Status
Not open for further replies.