• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Week 5 - BTF Ladder- 7. Swizzee vs. 4. NsD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamanSingh

Please vote on which mix you like better by posting in the thread below. There's no poll. You must have a minimum of 10 posts to vote. Voting ends at noon PST on Saturday!

This challenge is between 7. Swizzee and 4. NsD. The challenge was to mix a Bollywood song. The original song is Jalebi Bai from Double Dhamaal.

DJ 1:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/week-5-7-swizzee-challenges[/soundcloud]

DJ 2:
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/week-5-7-swizzee-challenges-4[/soundcloud]

G-tam

[SIZE=78%]My Vote - DJ 2[/SIZE]

DJ 1 - intro was good and lead me on to a hyped up mix but the main mix seemed mellow given the hyped up intro. Try adding more to the main part of the mix (after 0:10) to bring more variety to your mix.

DJ 2 - pitbull vs jalebis? EPIC WIN! Crazy concept and got me engaged the entire time. The hype was there the entire time and it was well EQ'ed and layered. Try to finish it and bring out an extended version of this..

KChhang

DJ 1: My favorite part was the very beginning! I've also got mixed feelings about that guy yelling AH AH AH in the chorus. (Is there a name for that...? I think I've heard it used in team mixes lol)

DJ 2: I really enjoyed this mix and thought it was so clever, please make a longer version of this ;D

I'm voting for DJ 2

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com

footballforlife

Don't let the name fool you.
I hadn't heard this song at all before (apparently, I haven't kept up with hindi songs) and I think its very bland. Thankfully, the remixes were actually enjoyable.

Mix1, the intro was pretty good. I felt it took too long to get to the lyrics and the intro didn't really do justice to it. So it ended, for me, in an underwhelming way.
Mix2, I don't think I can say much that already hasn't been. Excellent concept. Great listening.

Mix2 takes it.

#SimranKaur

footballforlife said:
I hadn't heard this song at all before (apparently, I haven't kept up with hindi songs) and I think its very bland. Thankfully, the remixes were actually enjoyable.

Mix1, the intro was pretty good. I felt it took too long to get to the lyrics and the intro didn't really do justice to it. So it ended, for me, in an underwhelming way.
Mix2, I don't think I can say much that already hasn't been. Excellent concept. Great listening.

Mix2 takes it.
HOW CAN U THINK JALEBI BAI IS BLAND ???? Have u listened to the whole Song yet..??

gssaggu1

UK Bhangra: St George's // Vasda Punjab
DJ 2

DJ 1: Liked the cut to the soft part at 00:11 up to the dhol drop. Was a good mix.
DJ 2: The beats were just synchronised so well and the Pitbull backing was delightful. EQ was fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.