• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

What do PEOPLE want to hear?

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
So, we had a thread a while back where we posted songs that WE loved to hear at clubs. Now, WE are a bunch of team dancers, captains and team chimta players and I'm sure you can agree that our taste in bhangra music differs from the average bloke.

With that said, I forgot my indian clothes at home and for the first time ever (of all the 342908 garbas I've been to), I will be attending a garba in non-brown-people-clothes. (Yeah, my mom has already started to file disowning papers). I'll probably just end up DJ-ing the garba, raas and bhangra, which leads me to my request. What bhangra songs do people want to hear at garbas/clubs? I've noticed that a lot of people are fascinated with the song Yaari (RDB) - what other songs would be hot to play?

Thanks,
Kinnell ex-Shah
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
Havish said:
I don't want to hear bhangra at garba... I go to garba for garba.
Bojh madat kareche. :p While I love garba and raas, I think you can agree with me when I say a lot more people look forward to the bhangra. And I need to start making the track list, so Havish madat kersey?
 
Messages
37
this may sound really funny but couple of times i have played "billo" by juggy d and people just went nuts. its fast song and sounds pretty good at large venue. it keeps the people dancing
 

Vijay

Member
Messages
646
for a non bhangra crowd such as a garba, play songs like seeti by lehmber, boli pani, aaja soniye and nach by kam bhamra, je jatt bigr gaya, sara pind. uppity fun songs that arent to hardcore or pindu
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
Turbo said:
Putt Jattan De
how did I know that if turbo posted under this thread, he would choose that song? lollll sala.
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
oh and my pick would be mitran nu time das ja by kam bhamra......quite the versatile song as its been used by traditional teams, as well as modern.
 

pluthra

Member
Messages
296
Vik D said:
this may sound really funny but couple of times i have played "billo" by juggy d and people just went nuts. its fast song and sounds pretty good at large venue. it keeps the people dancing
yes as vik d suggested juggy d, h dhami, malkit singh, jassi sidhu, anything w/a bunch of weird english words in it should work amazinglyyyyyy

http://www.desihits.com/radio/channel/bhangra
u can go to the shows and find a bunch of stuff that people would listen to
 

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
Messages
932
Dholaholic, tane kasu nathi aavar tu!

Hahaha, that's for all my guju mates out there, prob one of 5 sentences I know.

Garba is a traditional folk dance that originates from Gujarat!

A lot of RDB mixed things seem to fare well, like Sadi Gali and Lal Ghagra, yea Jassi Sidhu, DALER MEHNDI haha everyone knows those songs, yea anything Lehmber lots of people know and like, Dr Zeus Ah Ni Kudiye and Naina, Diljit Captain Bhangre Da, SUKHBIR of course, Jazzy B jinne mera dil luteya, Bombay Rockers "Rock the Party" (I know it's not a bhangra song, but there's some punjabi in it...if "oye hoye ni kudiye teri javaani" counts haha)....and yea.
 

Nikhil

New Member
Messages
881
Dholaholic, it's not stupid :)

It's the Gujarati celebration of Navratri and its characterized as the worshiping of the nine deities of Goddess Shakti. Each night a different form of the goddess is celebrated. Garba and Raas are the types of dances performed in a rotating circle around a central murthi.
 

Nikhil

New Member
Messages
881
Also...I don't like it when Bhangra is played at the end of Garba...b/c people don't understand the significance of it...not because its disrespectful to any religion.

I like respecting cultural dances at separate cultural events!
 

Vijay

Member
Messages
646
oh and dont forget plain old Das Ja by sanj and Captain bhangre da. people still go CRAZY over those. ugh just thinking about those songs makes me cringe..
 

ban3rg

Active Member
Messages
1,492
well the garba gets boring and so eventually we want to hear bhangra, even if we dont come to a garba to hear it. in fact theres a garba tomorrow night on campus and im lookin forward to both.

like, for 1st hour or 2 hours its a blast to do garba, i really like it. but over that timeframe you gotta spice it up with a different type of music.
 
Top