• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Bhangra Competitions In The UK

pritpal94

Active Member
Messages
1,312
Kiddha!
I really need to find out about some competitions that are taking place in the UK. If there are any coming up could you please contact me via email or pm me.
Thanks.
Pritpal 8)
 

faysal

New Member
Messages
889
worst place for you to ask pritpal lol. The only one I know of is the bhangra showdown and that's for university teams only.sorry buddy.
 

Waleed

New Member
Messages
729
You guys should come to the North America for a competition, I'm sure organizers might be willing to find sponsors who could help you pay for the travel expenses. Plus you will get an opportunity to network with the teams across the Atlantic. :)
 

pritpal94

Active Member
Messages
1,312
Hi Waleed,
I'm starting to feel all excited! I will speak to my team leader next Tuesday. The thing is our routine is around 20 mins long and we dance to dhol and boliyan. Will we be ok in NA lol? Do you know anyone that I could email or something?
Pritpal.
 

Sarabjit

New Member
Messages
224
pritpal94 said:
Hi Waleed,
I'm starting to feel all excited! I will speak to my team leader next Tuesday. The thing is our routine is around 20 mins long and we dance to dhol and boliyan. Will we be ok in NA lol? Do you know anyone that I could email or something?
Pritpal.
20 MINS LIVE ROUTINE!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!
 

pritpal94

Active Member
Messages
1,312
What would be a good place for us to perform at in North America? We have some dancers that are under 13 would that be a problem?
Oh and Sarbjit I think it may be over 20 min :D
 

Vijay

Member
Messages
646
pritpal94 said:
Hi Waleed,
I'm starting to feel all excited! I will speak to my team leader next Tuesday. The thing is our routine is around 20 mins long and we dance to dhol and boliyan. Will we be ok in NA lol? Do you know anyone that I could email or something?
Pritpal.

insanity. pritpal, do u have any videos of your team? the bhangra scene overseas intrigues a lot of us in the states, sounds like you are one of the few teams in the UK that we know of that's straight traditional.
 

pritpal94

Active Member
Messages
1,312
insanity. pritpal, do u have any videos of your team? the bhangra scene overseas intrigues a l
hi vijay, no I don't have a video , why? i could try and get hold of one.
 

TheSlammer

New Member
Messages
70
you gotta be careful, bhangra in the uk is totally different than here. There routines are longer and honestly woudln't cut it over here...I think you need to just keep the UK bhangra the way it is and keep it in the UK....Its not bad but its different from here..totally..

You can look up like 4x4 bhangra on youtube or nachde sansaar on there to get a feel of what I mean
 

pritpal94

Active Member
Messages
1,312
TheSlammer said:
you gotta be careful, bhangra in the uk is totally different than here. There routines are longer and honestly woudln't cut it over here...I think you need to just keep the UK bhangra the way it is and keep it in the UK....Its not bad but its different from here..totally..

You can look up like 4x4 bhangra on youtube or nachde sansaar on there to get a feel of what I mean
ok we will leave coming America. May be bad.:(
 

pritpal94

Active Member
Messages
1,312
We could make a new routine that is 8 mins long and to music. I just have a dream of performing in North America.
:)
 

Mukandpuria

New Member
Messages
1,413
pritpal when are you looking to come to NA....avap, BBC, DDA are couple i would think you would do good at
PM me if you want to talk more about applying to BBC 2009
 

faysal

New Member
Messages
889
lol sarabjit, a uk 20 minute live routine is very different to both an india live routine or a US one. As for a performance pritpal, I would suggest just do whatever you guys normally do but shorten it down,of course make sure u get ur ustaad's permission before u start talkin airmiles with abhi lol
 

pritpal94

Active Member
Messages
1,312
I gotta talk to my Ustad next Tuesday guys about making a new routine. Overall I'm very excited for some reason :D
 

Manjot

Active Member
Messages
2,058
20 min routine? do u add in malwa giddha style in it? or just keep normal bhangra for 20 mins..
i wonder how the mixes are if teams did it on recorded music lol.
 

faysal

New Member
Messages
889
no one does it to recorded music for 20 minutes lol, since they're usually performing at weddings and stuff the dances incorporate bits with the groom and the family etc as well. You've all seen nachda sansaar etc, imagne 20 minutes of that.
 

Waleed

New Member
Messages
729
pritpal94 said:
Looks like we may have to design a new routine that is 8 mins long.
I think that would be a really good idea, even just in general you should have an 8-10 minute routine as well for events where time doesn't permit you to perform your entire 20 minute set.

Like Abhi said, you should email a few organizers and gauge their interest in sponsoring your team to come to North America. I'm sure you guys would have a ball over here at a bhangra competition (atleast a reputable one).
 
Top