• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Bhangra Fever 2009!!!

Binghamton Bhangra

New Member
Messages
2
BINGHAMTON BHANGRA IS EXCITED TO PRESENT...

BHANGRA FEVER 2009!!!
THE COMPETITION IS GOING TO BE HELD AT BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY ON APRIL 25, 2009.
REGISTRATIONIS OPEN TO ALL COLLEGIATE AND INDEPENDENT BHANGRA TEAMS.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPETITION, OR TO REQUEST A REGISTRATION PACKET, PLEASE EMAIL US AT BHANGRAFEVERCOMPETITION@GMAIL.COM

*WEBSITE TO COME SOON*
 

zagreus

Active Member
Messages
1,473
man...
i thought this was some doctor's advice on how to deal with bhangra fever....

and i got it!
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
Jasmeet said:
man...
i thought this was some doctor's advice on how to deal with bhangra fever....

and i got it!
Let me guess the solution: more COWBELL?!

I wish Bhangra Fever was not on the same day as Pao but I assume their venue was tied up so they have to roll with this date. Best of luck to the comp
 

sorethighs

New Member
Messages
85
I think only one team has done 2 comps in the same weekend, when KJ did Fusion on Friday and SBB on a Saturday, but doing 2 comps in the same night would be legit.

You could easily open one show and close the other, I want someone to do it
 

Vijay

Member
Messages
646
sorethighs said:
I think only one team has done 2 comps in the same weekend, when KJ did Fusion on Friday and SBB on a Saturday, but doing 2 comps in the same night would be legit.
yea i remember that, that was some solid traveling by kj, im pretty sure they placed at both comps too.

sorethighs im sure u remember the kids rochester bhangra team, they actually pulled off what everyones talking about a couple yrs ago. they performed at pao, then drove to rochester to perform at Mela at univ of roch - some serious dedication by those kids (and mad driving for aunties/uncles)
 

KushK

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,161
Vijay said:
sorethighs said:
I think only one team has done 2 comps in the same weekend, when KJ did Fusion on Friday and SBB on a Saturday, but doing 2 comps in the same night would be legit.
yea i remember that, that was some solid traveling by kj, im pretty sure they placed at both comps too.

sorethighs im sure u remember the kids rochester bhangra team, they actually pulled off what everyones talking about a couple yrs ago. they performed at pao, then drove to rochester to perform at Mela at univ of roch - some serious dedication by those kids (and mad driving for aunties/uncles)
ahhh u guys are motivating us... lol... now i wnna really pull this off =)
 

campy614

New Member
Messages
666
Ankush said:
ahhh u guys are motivating us... lol... now i wnna really pull this off =)
... From Cornell University, it takes "1 hour and 19 minutes" (if you're driving at speed limit) to reach Binghamton University.

I say we do it!
 

Danny

Member
Messages
698
whats the grand prize? and will there be financial assistance for teams flying cross country?
 

KushK

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,161
campy614 said:
Ankush said:
ahhh u guys are motivating us... lol... now i wnna really pull this off =)
... From Cornell University, it takes "1 hour and 19 minutes" (if you're driving at speed limit) to reach Binghamton University.

I say we do it!
JOE lets let karan drivee =) we can make it in 30 mins ahahahha
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
Danny said:
whats the grand prize? and will there be financial assistance for teams flying cross country?

This is a new competition with limited resources. I really doubt so, Danny. And I believe their first prize is $1500.
 

sorethighs

New Member
Messages
85
First place is $1,000?

Every team that comes to Pao gets $1,100.

(Yes, I'm biased, and yes I know its a new comp)
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
sorethighs said:
I think only one team has done 2 comps in the same weekend, when KJ did Fusion on Friday and SBB on a Saturday, but doing 2 comps in the same night would be legit.

You could easily open one show and close the other, I want someone to do it
The rumour around the house is that a certain topdog team might be doing 2 competitions on the same night. And one competition is WEST COAST and the other is EAST COAST.
 

Govinda S

New Member
Messages
60
sounds good but much of the attention, teams and crowd is probably gunna be drawn to PAO most likely seeing as how its been going on for a long time, but nevertheless sounds sick cant wait:D :)
 
Top