• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Bhangra Idols, "Best of the Best" Placings

Remy

Member
Messages
598
I agree with Paji Guys Ent. Acts like these are hurtful and show a lack of respect for, not only the Idols committee but to everyone in the audience. Moreover, it just made that guy who did that look like a low-class, uneducated, and uncultured person. Not only was it disrespectful to the venue in it's entirety but it also put everyone in an uncomfortable position of having to watch this happen. It was pretty disturbing to sit there and watch that. I wouldn't be surprised if Idols was to lose a couple sponsors because of all of this. Furthermore, why the hell even accept the trophy if you are going to smash it? That's taking it too far. What's with all the arrogance? Do you feel above the other teams and see everyone else as inferior? Honestly had that guy just sucked it up and accepted the trophy without making a scene then he would have probably been admired had he behaved himself. Adversely, these actions had the opposite effect and the Paji Guys Committee is saying enough is enough and this kind of bullshit won't be tolerated. Good for you Paji Guys Ent. Hopefully this will set an example and teach future competing bhangra teams to calm their asses down.
 

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Messages
1,685
but since when does Paji Guys Ent. have an online ethics course? are they going to design one specifically for this event, one which i highly doubt will be replicated in the future? i think that's overkill. banning him from Idols-related competitions for a year is punishment enough.
and i also agree with Swi in that using information on his FB page as evidence of his lack of contrition is both a breach of privacy and an assumptive leap that Idols and Paji Guys Ent. need not make.
 

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Messages
1,459
While I do agree with the points that Swi made, I feel organizations/commitees have a reputation to maintain. So my question is should public information (BTF posts) or semi-public information (Facebook, Google+, Myspace, Twitter, etc) be used as "evidence" against individuals that attempt to "defame" competitions or don't comply with all their regulations?

Remember that 9012382138 page regisration packet you sign? You might want to read things in there a bit more carefully.

~ Basim :)
 

sgrewal30

Member
Messages
609
Basim said:
So my question is should public information (BTF posts) or semi-public information (Facebook, Google+, Myspace, Twitter, etc) be used as "evidence" against individuals that attempt to "defame" competitions or don't comply with all their regulations?
No, if there was an "investigation" someone can easily make a fake facebook. Not saying this one was but its as easy as that. This is so petty, and so childish. "Sorry" obviously doesn't mean anything anymore. And everyone is everyone else's arbitrator. He was honestly right, who are "we" to him for him to beg for forgiveness. It didn't bother me, I wasn't offended watching the live feed. Hell, no one noticed till the video came out from the comp, not even the committee. This situation made me sad more than anything else. Sad to see how low bhangra has gone.
 

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Messages
1,459
sgrewal30 said:
Hell, no one noticed till the video came out from the comp, not even the committee.
Thanks for your response! Yeah, I am wondering if all of this would have ever been made a "big deal" if it wasn't posted publically on BTF. It doesn't seem like anyone noticed until Bharathi brought it up: http://bhangrateamsforum.com/discuss/main-bhangra-discussion/idols-placings/msg180573/#msg180573

Then it seems like Sunny responded & all the committee got involved doing their "investigation."

~ Basim :)
 

Bharathi

Member
Messages
336
Basim said:
sgrewal30 said:
Hell, no one noticed till the video came out from the comp, not even the committee.
Thanks for your response! Yeah, I am wondering if all of this would have ever been made a "big deal" if it wasn't posted publically on BTF. It doesn't seem like anyone noticed until Bharathi brought it up: http://bhangrateamsforum.com/discuss/main-bhangra-discussion/idols-placings/msg180573/#msg180573

Then it seems like Sunny responded & all the committee got involved doing their "investigation."

~ Basim :)
"Doesn't seem like" is different from "didn't actually". SGrewal do you know for a fact that the committee had no idea about any of this until it came up on BTF?

And they probably started their online course around the same time the organization went head to head with a multinational corporation (Sheraton) to defend human rights and their subsequent violations of when discriminating against a group with "Bhangra" in its name. Just sayin...
 

sgrewal30

Member
Messages
609
Ok bharathi chill the hell out. Talking to you is pointless and I have no interest in whatever you gotta say and I won't pretend like I do.
 

Bharathi

Member
Messages
336
sgrewal30 said:
Ok bharathi chill the hell out. Talking to you is pointless and I have no interest in whatever you gotta say and I won't pretend like I do.
Because you don't know it for a fact and can't defend your position, you take an offensive. That's awesome.
 

Ak_Di_Nishani

New Member
Messages
313
Bharathi said:
sgrewal30 said:
Ok bharathi chill the hell out. Talking to you is pointless and I have no interest in whatever you gotta say and I won't pretend like I do.
Because you don't know it for a fact and can't defend your position, you take an offensive. That's awesome.
No he just didn't care.

Seriously Bhangra isn't a profession its a passion, i swear if someone got a wedgie on stage and picked it, all hell would break loose about the integrity of dancers these days.

I swear the whole letter by the committee is invasion of privacy by posting his facebook and frankly creepy. You are trying to act in a proper manner, but acting improper yourselves.

This whole thing has pretty much insured that we wont be seeing Toronto teams at idols anymore or atleast SGPD/Nachdi.
 

Bobby

Member
Messages
60
faysal said:
That is possibly the dumbest thing i've ever read. I get he did something inappropriate, but he didn't break a law, if I was him I'd be sat there laughing. Stupid and even more inappropriate behaviour from the competition itself.
+138120989572039473045650781255, thank you.

word, everyone needs to chill he didn't kill anyone..its not the end of humanity. I'm pretty sure majority of BTF has watched wrestling at one point or another while DX is giving the 'suck it' gesture to the WORLD on live TV. big whooop . And as for the trophy that someone had pointed out above, I think its fair that the team(s) can decide to do whatever they please with their own trophy, should it be drinking out of it or breaking it so that everyone can take a piece home..
 

VickG

Member
Messages
53
Bharathi said:
sgrewal30 said:
Ok bharathi chill the hell out. Talking to you is pointless and I have no interest in whatever you gotta say and I won't pretend like I do.
Because you don't know it for a fact and can't defend your position, you take an offensive. That's awesome.
And you don't know when to stop. Everyone gets the point here: 'suck it' sign=bad. There's no need to keep dragging this on. The guy made a mistake, and he got his punishment. Leave it at that.
 

ENVY BANG-RUH

Let the music move you!!!!!
Messages
1,151
Everyone needs to SUCK IT up and move on. Whether sunny gives a shit or not or bharathi is right about it being wrong or not. Idols is over, let's get ready for the next big comp. BBC what up.
 

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
Messages
2,072
ENVY BANG-RUH said:
Everyone needs to SUCK IT up and move on. Whether sunny gives a shit or not or bharathi is right about it being wrong or not. Idols is over, let's get ready for the next big comp. BBC what up.
Burgh? :(
 

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Messages
1,685
Bharathi said:
"Doesn't seem like" is different from "didn't actually". SGrewal do you know for a fact that the committee had no idea about any of this until it came up on BTF?

And they probably started their online course around the same time the organization went head to head with a multinational corporation (Sheraton) to defend human rights and their subsequent violations of when discriminating against a group with "Bhangra" in its name. Just sayin...
wait so after they were discriminated against by a corporation, they decided to develop a curriculum for an ethics course? why? so they could make the other corporation take it? that doesn't make any sense. ethics =/= human rights and respect of racial/cultural diversity. definition of ethics as it applies to this issue:


that branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and ends of such actions.


and even if they developed their course in response to the cultural discrimination they were victims of, one would expect the course material to reflect that issue. in that case, it would be entirely inapplicable to sunny, because he didn't commit a human rights violation. people who commit traffic violations aren't required to take courses on biochemistry.


also, sgrewal is a girl.
 
Top