Bhangra Knightz at Bruin Bhangra XIV (Balcony/Judges' View)

Psant

UNC Bhangra Elite Alum, Brandeis Bhangra
This was the best BK routine ever! So clean and the formations were absolutely insane! Everyone in this comp must have brought their A game if this didn't place...wow.

Vijay

dhammal-->jugni-->ending = mind blown. i thought the tech crew messed up and started playing a bruin intro vid or something at first. must've been straight mayhem at the venue.

tajinder

speechless. you guys should have placed :). Ending Was staright Fire just like " aag lah ke fookdo landon sehar nu". keep doing what you guys doing <3

razorhedge

awww shit my Ek tara remix @ 4:01 :eek: . this is the best moment of my short lived mixing career.

And the ending 7:20 onwards gives you goose bumps. crowd went nuts

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Critique:

Dancers=on point, maybe the best in America

Execution=could have been better, saw some mistakes and lack of standardization, probably needed about 2 more weeks of practice to be perfect.

Segments=Kato segment was too long, ending was a great idea, saap routine was folk and appealing, as was daangs. jhummar was a little watered down, and was not very memorable.

Formations=a little too simple, need to do more than what you did.

Gimmicks=changing clothes takes a long time, and doesn't have much pay-off...consider scrapping it. bollywood songs should be kept to a snippet or a quick segment, not as long as you guys have em...

Overall=needs more entertainment

baljot

arjunK said:
One critique I have is to stop nut-tapping everyone (cough Harman cough).... still in so much pain hahahahaha. Awesome stuff guys, keep it up.
I AGREEEEE!!!!!! We would execute better if we didnt always get nut checked...just saying.

Anik915

Holy Shit BK! Where do I begin!?

The transition from the intro video to the actual dance was sick.
Loved the Kato segment, it may have been long, but I thought it stayed entertaining throughout. Dhammal segment was a lot of fun to watch, and the jugni formation dope.

I literally got chills during the ending segment, you guys have really brought your performances to a new level. Every dance gets cleaner and more elaborate. Can't wait to see you guys tearing it apart at your upcoming competitions.

Arjun, thanks for the quick vid bro :)

pavbhaji91

hahahahah oh arjun.

I loved the fluidity of the formations. The gimmick in the end where you had clips of other teams doing the same moves you were doing was sickkkkkk. The changing from the white kurtas to black kurtas still gets to me hahaha. Loved the performance!

SoulJatt

Robby Benipal
the kuldip manak 'agg laake fook du london shair nu' was sick! using the projector as a prop was hella creativity! good job!

romes904

LOVE THE ENDING.

man bk just keeps taking it to the next level with every performance. great progress guys :)

can't wait to see everyone else's vids. seems like this was the competition of the year.

Ricky916

baljot said:
arjunK said:
One critique I have is to stop nut-tapping everyone (cough Harman cough).... still in so much pain hahahahaha. Awesome stuff guys, keep it up.
I AGREEEEE!!!!!! We would execute better if we didnt always get nut checked...just saying.
That is true!!! I tried warning AEG and The guys on TAG but no one listened hahahaa

achintchani

I hardly ever post on BTF unless I really feel strongly about something- so here's my feedback:

just watched the video and my jaw just DROPPED at the end. HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! that was such an amazingggggg and entertaining performance. I couldn't make it the show but i had heard from the grapevine right after BK's performance that they STOLE the show. I haven't seen the rest of the performances from the night, so maybe its too early to say this but i really think BK deserved to place. Hand's down one of the best gimmicks of the year. In my opinion, this is the only set that has been able to match NYPD's elite 8 set (which is one of my all-time favorites). I haven't been this excited to see a performance in a while. Assigned from the ending gimmick, the kato segments was one of my favorites. It's probably my favorite kato segment of all time- lots of creativity. I loved the mera naam a chinchinchu mixed with the hum aap ke hain kaun song (esp red jordi duet). I know there were some overlaps with the elite 8 performance but you guys reallllyyyy took this set to another level. Amazing energy- NASTY talented dancers, amazing set. WOW- i dont get why this didnt place!

Gopi D

achintchani said:
will u guys be posting the mix soon?!
Yeah we'll hopefully be posting the mix soon! and thanks for the love! We honestly loved every second being on stage and all walked off with really big smiles on our faces. Although we did feel as if we deserved to place as well, I thing our biggest accomplishment was met when we looked into the crowd and saw everyone including the teams on their feet for us! This was one memorable performance :) Thanks everyone!

Afsheen

Find something you love doing, and let it kill you
On behalf of Bhangra Knightz we'd like to thank the Bruin Committee for all of their support. There was absolutely no way we could've pulled off our final gimmick with out their help. From picking up the projector for us (due to our lack of transportation), considering how massive it was :-X . To spotting us a grand, holding onto it and helping us out again during our technical difficulties at the show (we apologize for the lag). We really appreciate your hard work and efforts! Thank you for putting on an overall great show and hosting us to an awesome weekend!

Oh and on a side note: ball taps are a daily thing to watch out for when you're on BK #NoMercy ;]