• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

bhangra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amancheema

bhangra_101 said:
i didn't say empire isn't modern but if u watch their video they don't have a segment where the lights are off and some1 is moving a ball of light in the air back and forth which has nothing at all to do with bhangra hell the person isn't even dancing just moving their hands back and forth unless it is interpretive dance... in their previous competitions they had a gimmick with the lasers which wasn't too bad cause they actually danced while hitting the lasers up but when i compare empire to them i stated that all of empires moves were bhangra steps. AEG has used hip hop steps before

aegbhangra@gmail.com to book us for your next event

arjunK

jaggajatt1 said:
.....what is this?

Half of the circuit today doesn't even know what the song theyre dancing to even means. Let alone know what traditional bhangra even is.

Why do you guys even do Bhangra? I'll tell you why. To party and get drunk. Yeah it's fun to dance and the adrenaline you get on stage and chillin with your boys and stuff but at the end of the day most of the circuit is in it to party. It's a "fad" just like being religious was a "fad" 10 years ago. What's the next fad guys? I know wayy too many people who suffer in school from bhangra and them they end up repeating a year in college. You think Bhangra is more important than an education and wasting your parents money? Get your priorities straight. If you guys actually respected bhangra and its roots you wouldnt cut your dhari. Being punjabi isn't a religion. It's a culture. Most of you are all Sikh before you are punjabi.

Im not attacking everyone on the circuit because I know a lot of people that are actually cool down to earth guys, Jaggi and Danny to name two on this thread. But a lot of you guys are interested in Bhangra for the wrong reasons. To fit in and be cool.

A lot of the guys on this circuit take advantage of innocent girls and that's whack. You really wanna respect bhangra? Learn about your values first.

Oh and last thing. Y'all really call empire a Bhangra team?
i think i've been to enough comps with empire present to know that they, for CERTAIN, do not fall into the group which you are talking about. they are the least rowdy, and the last team that i'd call a team that wants to "party and get drunk".

Second of all, who cares what reason people dance for? everyone has their own reason, and in the end, we are all promoting punjabi culture. i don't see what the issue is.

nishan

Everything evolves with time buddy. It's perfectly ok to have this conversation. As the new generation we have to remember what our original roots are. But if we want to make something better so people outside our community can enjoy it, that is fine too. We should learn to walk with society while remembering where we really come from!

mithu

jaggajatt1 said:
.....what is this?

Half of the circuit today doesn't even know what the song theyre dancing to even means. Let alone know what traditional bhangra even is.

Why do you guys even do Bhangra? I'll tell you why. To party and get drunk. Yeah it's fun to dance and the adrenaline you get on stage and chillin with your boys and stuff but at the end of the day most of the circuit is in it to party. It's a "fad" just like being religious was a "fad" 10 years ago. What's the next fad guys? I know wayy too many people who suffer in school from bhangra and them they end up repeating a year in college. You think Bhangra is more important than an education and wasting your parents money? Get your priorities straight. If you guys actually respected bhangra and its roots you wouldnt cut your dhari. Being punjabi isn't a religion. It's a culture. Most of you are all Sikh before you are punjabi.

Im not attacking everyone on the circuit because I know a lot of people that are actually cool down to earth guys, Jaggi and Danny to name two on this thread. But a lot of you guys are interested in Bhangra for the wrong reasons. To fit in and be cool.

A lot of the guys on this circuit take advantage of innocent girls and that's whack. You really wanna respect bhangra? Learn about your values first.

dafuq? Is this the same guy as before just another usename?

That whole statement is completely uncalled for. People dance for many reasons. So what if people get a little rowdy at parties, as as long they respect the stage, the people, etc etc they can do what they want. Their reasoning for doing bhangra shouldnt concern anyone.

singh5327

singh5327
AEG doesn't do bhangra....we just hop around stage to different beats...and turn off the lights so we can play hide n seek....its gunna be the next big thing ;D

jasraj93

i love how wen some people have a strong opinion they hide behind a fake name LOL!!

amancheema

jaggajatt1 said:
Why do you guys even do Bhangra? I'll tell you why. To party and get drunk. Yeah it's fun to dance and the adrenaline you get on stage and chillin with your boys and stuff but at the end of the day most of the circuit is in it to party.

YOLO

kiren116

S Parhar said:
AEG doesn't do bhangra....we just hop around stage to different beats...and turn off the lights so we can play hide n seek....its gunna be the next big thing ;D
<3

HarjitSingh

jaggajatt1 said:
.....what is this?

No offense, but if you were "Sikh before you are Punjabi", your username wouldn't be jaggajatt1. The caste system in India was created by a select few and many ethnicities seem to follow it for some reason. But Sikhs have rejected the caste system. And don't say that a jatt is a farmer. The word for farmer is kisaan. There are plenty of people in Punjab who do farming but would not be considered "jatt" by people adhering to the system

That being said,
voxanimus said:
  • sikh =/= punjabi
  • sikhism =/= bhangra
+1

Pankaja

Can this thread be locked on the basis of being completely off topic at this point, clearly a personal attack on AEG and the way they dance, and sheer stupidity? That is my one and only opinion about this entire thread...

Moderator's Note: done.

Status
Not open for further replies.