• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

BIGGEST UPSET OF THE YEAR

joemojoe

I dont know if this topic was posted, i dont keep track with everything on BTF, but just curious.....With the 2009 bhangra season coming to an end soon.....what do you think was the biggest upset this year in placings? What team do you think got most screwed for first? In my opinion it would be Giant 2009, to me Heeray shoulda gotten first and Rangla Punjab 2nd....both teams had crazy performances but to me Heeray shoulda been on top...but lets hear your opinion about this years upsets and most screwed placing....

Robby G

i would have to go with Rooh Punjab Dee At Bhangra Masti 3 and Punjabi Folk Dance Festival 2009.

campy614

Totally inappropriate topic-building a mountain over a small tiny bump. This is just going to be a high drama topic-people are going to get upset and annoyed at each other, and the comments/smacktalk is just going to fly back and forth.

Mods?

Laddi

campy614 said:
Totally inappropriate topic-building a mountain over a small tiny bump. This is just going to be a high drama topic-people are going to get upset and annoyed at each other, and the comments/smacktalk is just going to fly back and forth.

Mods?
Second that!
Cant we all just get over it already?!?
Must this and the mod./trad. bhangra topic be argued over on a weekly basis?
:-\

joemojoe

This has nothing to do with Trad/Mod bhangra, nor is it a topic that should bring heat within people, its just a simple review about people's thoughts about upsets and screwed over moments....personal opinions thats all...

Danny

i thought Jawani Girls and ABC gave really good performances at BASH (or at least from the videos ive seen) and def brought their A game

Ranjit

I dont know if this topic was posted, i dont keep track with everything on BTF, but just curious.....With the 2009 bhangra season coming to an end soon.....what do you think was the biggest upset this year in placings? What team do you think got most screwed for first? In my opinion it would be Giant 2009, to me Heeray shoulda gotten first and Rangla Punjab 2nd....both teams had crazy performances but to me Heeray shoulda been on top...but lets hear your opinion about this years upsets and most screwed placing....
Dude are you serious? Were at DDA? Did you read about all the drama at Bash? Have you kept up with the trend of competitions favoring fusion over traditional based bhangra (empire vs vcu)?

Look I'll honestly admit that I never thought my team would place over Heeray and when they announced Heeray for second I was as surprised as everyone else. And after watching Heeray's video I went through the judging criteria and tried to figure out how we placed over them, and you can twist the descriptions and point values around to justify our placing but it is very debatable. Either way, when you say that a team who should have received first got second is the biggest upset of the year that makes me think that you don't keep up with the bhangra scene very much.

I think you and your buddies are blowing this just a little out of proportion.

Remy

Ranjit said:
I dont know if this topic was posted, i dont keep track with everything on BTF, but just curious.....With the 2009 bhangra season coming to an end soon.....what do you think was the biggest upset this year in placings?  What team do you think got most screwed for first?  In my opinion it would be Giant 2009, to me Heeray shoulda gotten first and Rangla Punjab 2nd....both teams had crazy performances but to me Heeray shoulda been on top...but lets hear your opinion about this years upsets and most screwed placing....
Dude are you serious? Were at DDA? Did you read about all the drama at Bash? Have you kept up with the trend of competitions favoring fusion over traditional based bhangra (empire vs vcu)?

Look I'll honestly admit that I never thought my team would place over Heeray and when they announced Heeray for second I was as surprised as everyone else. And after watching Heeray's video I went through the judging criteria and tried to figure out how we placed over them, and you can twist the descriptions and point values around to justify our placing but it is very debatable. Either way, when you say that a team who should have received first got second is the biggest upset of the year that makes me think that you don't keep up with the bhangra scene very much.

I think you and your buddies are blowing this just a little out of proportion.

I agree. Big ups to Rangla Punjab for placing first, however im pretty sure this thread will only infuriate individuals and various teams. r.. For instance if someone thinks my team shouldn't have placed at idols or somewhere ooooohhhh lorddddd you better watch out.....LOL jk

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
campy614 said:

Mods?
+1. I Agree.

If you *really* want to know about the biggest upset of the year, go back and do some research on the post-competition threads so see which placing caused the most commotion on BTF.

This thread will just bring up more emotions from teams (you can already see people like Ranjit from Rangla Punjab defending his team/placing).. we can't change the past, so why not think about improving for the future?

Get over all this drama that has been discussed a million times already BTF ::)

~ Basim

P.S. - I recently f0lked RPD; they should be all set for the Toronto Bhangra Youth Festival.