• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

BIGGEST UPSET OF THE YEAR

campy614

Basim said:
P.S. - I recently f0lked RPD; they should be all set for the Toronto Bhangra Youth Festival.
Sexual connotation = Totally inappropriate... Or maybe just what the doctor ordered. Either way, I'll allow it lol.

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
I don't think the direction of this post was the usual "drama" but rather an isolated person just asking others what they thought were follies of the past season.

The drama posts are usually initiated by team members or groupies upset with placings...

*Hopefully* this is more of just 'hey what one incident do you think was the worst' rather than useless posts of whining.

Oh, and my opinion, Boston 08.

ban3rg

THIS was most upsetting thing of the year ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jasmeet said:
Justin killed it, you dance a lot like Shahrukh from VCU. And i really mean it, its like an exact copy. you just gotta smile more ;) hahaha.
Just the part about him dancing just like SRK. No, sir! That is where I draw the line! Like this:

http://www.hulu. com/watch/71125/family-guy-we-love-you-conrad?c=189:209

(Embedded video wasn't working in the post, so i put a "space" in the "dot com" part of it - remove it and check it out, funny clip i swear!"

I guess what I'm trying to say is JJ at VPD was the biggest upset of the year...in terms of I was upset that they got only 3rd...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTA8Ol9sX-c

:) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) extra winks make every post fun!!!

zagreus

Arjun said:

Jasmeet said:
Justin killed it, you dance a lot like Shahrukh from VCU. And i really mean it, its like an exact copy. you just gotta smile more ;) hahaha.
i like being quoted from a long time ago :)

ban3rg

Jasmeet said:
Arjun said:

Jasmeet said:
i like being quoted from a long time ago :)
hahaha what can i say man ur words have a lasting effect - how many people can say that on this forum ;)

IshB

Hoya jaanam Singh'aan da talwar ton!
Ankush said:
DENVER NUGGETS WINNING THE NBA FINALS 2009 !!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
hahaha nice joke! Cavs will sweep em!

Jaskaran

Ranjit said:
I dont know if this topic was posted, i dont keep track with everything on BTF, but just curious.....With the 2009 bhangra season coming to an end soon.....what do you think was the biggest upset this year in placings? What team do you think got most screwed for first? In my opinion it would be Giant 2009, to me Heeray shoulda gotten first and Rangla Punjab 2nd....both teams had crazy performances but to me Heeray shoulda been on top...but lets hear your opinion about this years upsets and most screwed placing....
Dude are you serious? Were at DDA? Did you read about all the drama at Bash? Have you kept up with the trend of competitions favoring fusion over traditional based bhangra (empire vs vcu)?

Look I'll honestly admit that I never thought my team would place over Heeray and when they announced Heeray for second I was as surprised as everyone else. And after watching Heeray's video I went through the judging criteria and tried to figure out how we placed over them, and you can twist the descriptions and point values around to justify our placing but it is very debatable. Either way, when you say that a team who should have received first got second is the biggest upset of the year that makes me think that you don't keep up with the bhangra scene very much.

I think you and your buddies are blowing this just a little out of proportion.

Ok first of all I just keep seeing ranjit u keep bashing. These are opnions and my opinion would be an upset is anywhere vcu doesn't get first. Nothing is being blown it's btf, ppl tlake one mans word into something else. U got my number just call if u got issue don't cause ish. If I want to assume now cuz ur upset with all this and cuz we placed over u at csun, ok the other giant thread the guy hating on us "fan21" I would think it's you. But I won't so stop the damn drama fack. U continuing and bringing our name up on btf is blowing this out of proportion. Hnnadle it if u want with a call

Heeray at giant

Ducks beating sharks

Varun I agree, us at socal hahaha

Nj at dda was not clean. That is not an upset ppl just had mindset that they will win.

Bmw bash??? Ya right. Pcac or abc shoulda won

Now let's wait for bruin hahaha

IshB

Hoya jaanam Singh'aan da talwar ton!
Pooja said:
English please?

No more ish I say! Ban the causers of ish!!
I was speaking english!!! lol

awww man ban me? comeon i just started having no life and being on BTF! lol

KushK

IshB said:
Pooja said:
English please?

OHOOO POOJA HOW CAN YOU HATE ISH??? lol
POOJA you have to meet ish, COME TO TORONTO , i wont cut you out of the dhamaal pic this time ;D ;D ;D

joemojoe

Ok seriously im not trying to cause tension between teams and people here, it was just finding out opinions of others....the subject that i put up "BIGGEST UPSET OF THE YEAR" was not referring to what happened at Giant this year, that was just the overall subject i put from this year's bhangra scene.....

I don't know why half of the people got the memo here, I was just tryna get peoples opinions on who they thought had the biggest upset this year throughout the bhangra season this year...this thread has nothing to do with Rangla Punjab getting first at Giant. I actually enjoyed watching your guys routine and I knew at the end of it that these guys were gonna definitely place. Rather than looking at what im really tryna ask and get at, i dont get why you guys have to think that im here to initiate beef or purposely cause some type of feud. This is how drama is created on this site, lack of knowledge and understanding at what the other person is saying. People just wanna say whatever they want and think their saying the right thing, but in the end its them who cause the drama and beef. You guys all need to get a grip on urselves and just understand what the other person is trying to say or ask for once. Worry less about drama being started, it wont start if you dont bring it up and whine about it. Placings are always off and there usually is some sort of upset, it happens. I didnt start this thread to remind everyone of how Heeray got screwed....they got second, they had fun and gave it all and thats honestly what matters. Same goes with the other teams.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and views, so let them share.

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
IshB said:
Pooja said:
English please?

haha wait, I was talking about the post above mine, "just call if u got issue don't cause ish" hahahah sorrrry!

Danny

Ranjit said:
I dont know if this topic was posted, i dont keep track with everything on BTF, but just curious.....With the 2009 bhangra season coming to an end soon.....what do you think was the biggest upset this year in placings? What team do you think got most screwed for first? In my opinion it would be Giant 2009, to me Heeray shoulda gotten first and Rangla Punjab 2nd....both teams had crazy performances but to me Heeray shoulda been on top...but lets hear your opinion about this years upsets and most screwed placing....
Dude are you serious? Were at DDA? Did you read about all the drama at Bash? Have you kept up with the trend of competitions favoring fusion over traditional based bhangra (empire vs vcu)?

Look I'll honestly admit that I never thought my team would place over Heeray and when they announced Heeray for second I was as surprised as everyone else. And after watching Heeray's video I went through the judging criteria and tried to figure out how we placed over them, and you can twist the descriptions and point values around to justify our placing but it is very debatable. Either way, when you say that a team who should have received first got second is the biggest upset of the year that makes me think that you don't keep up with the bhangra scene very much.

I think you and your buddies are blowing this just a little out of proportion.
bro just post your video and watch everyone shut the fack up

every great team in any sport has its haters, you should be glad someone took the time out of there day to post a new topic in regards to your team

no need to talk on BTF fellas, do your talking on stage..