• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

BIGGEST UPSET OF THE YEAR

campy614

Nikhil said:
REDACTED knows everything about Bhangra guys and whatever she says goes so just trust it, I mean she's like totally right about everything and she's a legitimate competition organizer that keeps in mind what teams, the competition itself, the audience, GW SAS youngsters with fly polos and popped collars need!!!

The future of bhangra lies within you REDACTED, make it happen
Wouldn't this technically be considered bashing? Tisk Tisk Nikhil.
Oh yea, and I agree.

sapg21

Nikhil said:
REDACTED knows everything about Bhangra guys and whatever she says goes so just trust it, I mean she's like totally right about everything and she's a legitimate competition organizer that keeps in mind what teams, the competition itself, the audience, GW SAS youngsters with fly polos and popped collars need!!!

The future of bhangra lies within you REDACTED, make it happen
i actually lol-ed hardcore there. haha

sumeetj

siddyp said:
i agree that uva shoulda been at blowout, but there is one thing we have to remember. Say UVA is in and UNC isn't (would make sense since uva beat unc at VPD), this competition is a bhangra in the burgh rematch with Rutgers taking the BOB bid and DRP in. If i was a competition organizer, unless i had no other teams to chose from, i really wouldn't want to present the same competition again in a diff city. I 110% agree that UVA should have been there but do realize why they weren't.
i don't think a competition should let previous competitions influence who to pick in a way like that. i mean even if blowout was a burgh repeat, that shouldn't be blowout's justification for not letting one of the top collegiate teams into their competition. im not saying your wrong, im just saying things shouldnt work that way haha.

ambarishraja

Arjun said:
THIS was most upsetting thing of the year ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jasmeet said:
Justin killed it, you dance a lot like Shahrukh from VCU. And i really mean it, its like an exact copy. you just gotta smile more ;) hahaha.
Just the part about him dancing just like SRK. No, sir! That is where I draw the line! Like this:

http://www.hulu. com/watch/71125/family-guy-we-love-you-conrad?c=189:209

(Embedded video wasn't working in the post, so i put a "space" in the "dot com" part of it - remove it and check it out, funny clip i swear!"

I guess what I'm trying to say is JJ at VPD was the biggest upset of the year...in terms of I was upset that they got only 3rd...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTA8Ol9sX-c

:) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) extra winks make every post fun!!!
Joshiley Jawan went over the time limit and got points deducted for that reason. A couple of teams went over the time limit actually. Considering, they went over, it is a tribute to them that they still placed.

and Justin...you're completely right, UNC had no business placing at VPD...i woulda placed it UVA...JJ...Knightz/UGA

KushK

Ravi Dhaliwal said:
Shan e Punjab Juniors getting third place at Nation 12 because of a 0 scorecard given from one wacked judge
AHHH the judges....... ;D ;D ;D

pslynn

Shan E Punjab Jrs at Virsa..?
Fun and cute to watch... just not sure if it was 1st place over some great teams.

Gabru13

HanJii
ABC not placing at Bhangra BASH plzzzz try to get proper judges next year for competition, atleast ppl with bhangra experience

Underground Gabroo

Gabru13 said:
ABC not placing at Bhangra BASH plzzzz try to get proper judges next year for competition, atleast ppl with bhangra experience
I agree... ABC, along with Jawani Bhangra should have definitely placed at this years Bash... It's even arguable that ABC should have placed at last years Bash as well...There's just something about the team, they treat each other and act as if they are enjoying themselves on stage; which is a critical piece to a successful bhangra team... Though I don't know them very well yet, I did meet them personally at a few competitions and they are mad cool, somewhat reminding me of LBC's "togetherness" if you will...

I hope they perform at Bash again next year... They won the in terms of the audiences view... Nothing else should matter!

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
In regards to UVA not getting into Blowout, I do believe that competition organizers have every right to accept whoever they want no matter how good or how bad that team may be. Placings is something that we can argue, but line-ups are up to the competitions since they actually have to sell a show.

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
Agree with Kinnell, Given that last year Burgh was in November (quite early in the season, unlike Jan 30 next year) each team is very different by Blowout time. The fact is that the tier 1 college teams are not that numerous and it's only natural that lineups match consistently. If they were apart by a a couple weeks to a month, I get that.

But 4.5 months? Should not be an issue. At the same time, every organizer takes similar teams, and if the Bhangra quality is not noticeably different, then you have to look at who will bring new people to the event.

Also to someone who said that UVA would be expected over UNC since they placed first at VPD...great point, but we always say that organizers should not use past history. Can't have it both ways. Stick to the videos and judge off of that.

Vick

This thread might have the biggest collection of p*ssies iv ever seen assembled in one thread... "this thread is going to cause drama", for the love of god, sh*t the f*ck up and live a little you pansies...

Underground Gabroo

Vick said:
This thread might have the biggest collection of p*ssies iv ever seen assembled in one thread... "this thread is going to cause drama", for the love of god, sh*t the f*ck up and live a little you pansies...
Mr. Vick, Sir... We are having a healthy discussion about what we feel were judgement mistakes... Yes, you can't change judging, but you can engage in healthy discussions about what could have been done differently by both judging, and the teams in quesiton...

Thank You

Vick

Underground Gabroo said:
Underground Gabroo said:
Vick said:
Mr. Vick, Sir... We are having a healthy discussion about what we feel were judgement mistakes... Yes, you can't change judging, but you can engage in healthy discussions about what could have been done differently by both judging, and the teams in quesiton...

Thank You

Mr Gabroo,

I agree with you exactly... it only becomes a "shit talking" thread if you allow it to... I'm pretty sure people on here are mature enough to not blatantly disrespect other teams... minus myself ofcourse... haha...

Vick

Underground Gabroo said:
Judging by your past remarks, you don't really have much good to say at all... :eek:

Judging by your 20 posts, you dont know me very well...

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Vick said:
Underground Gabroo said:
Judging by your past remarks, you don't really have much good to say at all... :eek:

Judging by your 20 posts, you dont know me very well...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA