• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

**BTF Mixing Ladder- Summer 2013 Signup Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
What's up everyone, as part of our plan to expand BTF initiatives, I'm excited to announce that the BTF Mixing ladder is making a comeback!

It's been a few years, and hopefully we have a new crop of DJs eager to test their mettle. If you don't know what I'm talking about, take a second to relive the old ladder started by our own HarmanToor. It was a great idea, and he really single-handedly pulled it all together back in 2011.
http://bhangrateamsforum.com/a/threads/the-official-btf-re-mixers-ladder-2011.15233/

This time, to help make sure it's not too much of a burden, we've designated 3 members as the project leads for The Ladder. These will be the guys making the threads, counting the votes, and answering questions going forward. Want to thank them as well for stepping up and volunteering!
  • Nimish (Voxanimus)
  • Jaideep (PartyJatt)
  • Navi (Navi Dhaliwal)
Most importantly, we need DJs. So if you're interested, reply back with your real name, your DJ name, and your soundcloud/website (free publicity!). We want to support and highlight the talent on BTF while competing. Once we have a list of DJs, we'll have a voting thread to setup the initial rankings before getting started.

And I'm also excited to announce that we'll have a prize for the winner. We still have to figure out when the cutoff date is, or if we'll have some type of playoff system, but there will be a physical prize mailed out to the winner once we figure out the details of determining who won. So get excited because this summer is hopefully gonna be filled with great music and new talent!

Swizzee
DJ Jassi
DJ Vox
Sangeen
GSingh
sK
NsD
DJ Preet
DJ MoNeY
SSK Productions
Mohan Singh
Karan Deol
DJ Concept
Dj Aka$h
DJ Birdzilla
AKT Productions
BMWSunpreet
Prodigy
DJ Ra
Himynameis
GaganDholi
DJ Notorious
Shreman
"Anonymous"
Urban Kinng
MinhasA
DJ nkrishnan
G-tam
Dj Lakha

Kush

some ideas you may consider implementing:

Have a panel of judges to decide best mixes. otherwise its just a popularity contest.

For the first round, make it completely open. Say you get 30 people, only take the top 15-20, then start your match ups. otherwise you're goign to have WAY too many people, way too many matchups, and its could get sloppy.

Just my two cents. Hoping this goes well and pushes people to be CREATIVE

sartajjudge

Kush said:
some ideas you may consider implementing:

Have a panel of judges to decide best mixes. otherwise its just a popularity contest.

For the first round, make it completely open. Say you get 30 people, only take the top 15-20, then start your match ups. otherwise you're goign to have WAY too many people, way too many matchups, and its could get sloppy.

Just my two cents. Hoping this goes well and pushes people to be CREATIVE

Last time they did it, to prevent a popularity contest, whoever was in charge had head-to-head challenges where the two people weren't allowed to use any DJ tag, like "2 2 2 2 2 2 2 Nyce". That way it was kept anonymous to the voters- people on BTF.

sK's gonna be kickin ass.

PartyJatt

We have some amazing talent on BTF, this is YOUR chance to show what YOU got!

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM or email me: jaideephira@gmail.com

Can't wait to see what happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.