Hardeep
UoB Bhangra & Gabru Chel Chabileh [GCC]
- Messages
- 53
Hey Guyz,
I have a dhol from India which to be honest, is decent, but not up to the standard I wish it to be at. It is a fairly bulky round barrel, with normal dagga side, and GBC Tilli.
What I was going to ask was is it worth me buying a NEW DHOL or CUSTOMIZING this old dhol. In terms of price, I'd prefer to customize it as it'll work out cheaper.
In terms of customization, could u help me with choosing tilli side - I'm lookign to get a BLACK REMO side, but have no clue about the different types of Remo head's there are, eg, Ambassador, Powerhead etc. Which is the best in terms of giving the best quality sound?
Also, my dagga is WACK (crap). Is there a specific dagga side I can get, or will any do?
Finally, just to ask, will making all these changes, ACTUALLY have an improvement on the sound of the dhol?
Thanks for your helps guyzz, Hardeep
I have a dhol from India which to be honest, is decent, but not up to the standard I wish it to be at. It is a fairly bulky round barrel, with normal dagga side, and GBC Tilli.
What I was going to ask was is it worth me buying a NEW DHOL or CUSTOMIZING this old dhol. In terms of price, I'd prefer to customize it as it'll work out cheaper.
In terms of customization, could u help me with choosing tilli side - I'm lookign to get a BLACK REMO side, but have no clue about the different types of Remo head's there are, eg, Ambassador, Powerhead etc. Which is the best in terms of giving the best quality sound?
Also, my dagga is WACK (crap). Is there a specific dagga side I can get, or will any do?
Finally, just to ask, will making all these changes, ACTUALLY have an improvement on the sound of the dhol?
Thanks for your helps guyzz, Hardeep