• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Donations

NavDheri

New Member
Messages
223
I don't know if this has been suggested before...or if it belongs in the Main Discussion but....


I think Saleem should set up some sort of paypal or other sort of account where us fellow BTFers (main users anyways) donate. I mean Saleem is paying out of his own pocket...and i don't mind donating $5 to $10 a month (thats not a lot people) to help improve the forum. It is, after all, for OUR use.

Any thoughts?
 

Somi

Hookah is NOT harmful!
Messages
553
That is a great idea. I do not mind either.

also SALEEM question
on the news you have "help support BTF: please click a couple ads"... I clicked on some of them just because it said to but why? what does it do to help? i really dont know how this web stuff work =D
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
A good idea, but what do you think the forum needs that isnt there right now? How do you think that the forum can be improved?

And Somia, ads are the easiest way for sites to make money (other than offering russian brides). Some companies will pay you depending on how many people visit your site (thus their ads get more "views") and other companies pay you on how many people click their ads to maximize their exposure to the world. In the end, its all marketing and publicity.
 

Manjot

Active Member
Messages
2,058
Somia said:
thank kinnell...ill be visiting more ads now :D
But also, make sure not to click the ads too much because if its coming from the same IP, it might not count because then it thinks people are clicking just to make the money rather then to actually visit the ads..not sure about it but Saleem can clarify it.
 

NavDheri

New Member
Messages
223
I personally dont like these ad's...thats why i'd like the whole donation thing to go through.

Also, as you may have notices...the site is expanding...and sooner or later..Saleem will need more space on the server.

Also, as i said...he IS paying for this out of his own pocket...so why not pitch in and help the fella out...after all he DID make this site for US!...=]
 

karan923

Member
Messages
534
Nav Dheri said:
I personally dont like these ad's...thats why i'd like the whole donation thing to go through.

Also, as you may have notices...the site is expanding...and sooner or later..Saleem will need more space on the server.

Also, as i said...he IS paying for this out of his own pocket...so why not pitch in and help the fella out...after all he DID make this site for US!...=]
I agree, these ads are annoying. I would rather donate then click on these ads. Also, because the site is expanding, Saleem's going to end up having more and more ads in order to pay for everything.
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
It's like glasses of water, a couple clicks a day are good for you :)

Sure, I have absolutely nothing against setting up a BTF Paypal account. It could help us if we need to put any sort of money down for tshirts, posters, hosting, etc. I like to give these things complete thought, but we'll be talking more with the members about donating, sponsorship, etc. Our goal is to always keep BTF a free forum.

Thanks for the support! Also, please know that I've tried to put the least-intrusive ads possible on BTF. There are plenty of options for ads that come on top of the page, below the page, IN your posts, linking on your text. I've really tried to just keep a couple simple ads and see what few pennies comes in per day (literally).

Best,
Saleem
 

NavDheri

New Member
Messages
223
Even with donations icon on BTF, it will still be free. Only people who are interested in helping out will help out. Not everyone is required to donate. Its an idea. =]
 
Top