• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

ELITE 8 FINAL SCORES/STANDINGS

ahmad

LITERALLY an SGPD sweeep....didn't see one judge/category that didn't place them first.

Well deserved guys.

Kartik

Wow i'm totally shocked by these haha. Minus SGPD and the bottom two, this is all messed up IMO!

faizan

Just shut up and dance
i think pcbca is so low because they went first. If they went later in the show, i have no doubt in my mind they would be in the top 4. The judges did not know how good the teams would be, and probably assumed the pcbca was just the first in line of more amazingness to come.

PCBCA def deserved better than that - def the cleanest team (for having 16 men on stage) of night plus and all their dancers were top notch. It is sad to see the judges were not able to see the beauty of a well executed set regardless of the order of the show....Execution must be appreciated the most before gimmicks, creativity, etc, etc...... Again this is what I think so don't rip on me if you think so :p

sartajjudge

The first judge critiqued VCU's performance quite harshly. It was still kind of close in the end, but overall SGPD was the best.

ban3rg

faizan said:
i think pcbca is so low because they went first. If they went later in the show, i have no doubt in my mind they would be in the top 4. The judges did not know how good the teams would be, and probably assumed the pcbca was just the first in line of more amazingness to come.
defffff, 1st in show probly elicited hesitation from the judges to give high points - PCBCA were in my top3 for the night - missed a spot in the Top 4 by just 2 pts

seems like 2-7 were very closely contested, all within a spread of 67-80 points, each only ~2 pts apart from the next. thas some sweaty stuff! i think it goes to show everyone brought it and earned points in all categories across the spread from the judges! let's keep it this competitive every year! ;)

Mojo

WE GO HARD.
APD definitely deserved to be higher up on that list. Empire was better than PANJ, but Elite8 has no love for their style so I'm not surprised they ranked so low.

But SGPD definitely deserved the top spot. In my mind, VCU was a close second followed by APD, not NJ.

HarmanSingh

Mojo said:
APD definitely deserved to be higher up on that list. Empire was better than PANJ, but Elite8 has no love for their style so I'm not surprised they ranked so low.

But SGPD definitely deserved the top spot. In my mind, VCU was a close second followed by APD, not NJ.
I think APD and Empire fall short on Vardiyan, Tradional Aspects and grace, probably hurting their overall scores.

sonehdataweet

SGPD and VCU were neck in neck in my opinion. PCBCA, NJ, and APD were the teams I thought would of been in the upper score board.

faizan

Just shut up and dance
I thought empire should have been higher up. If sgpd did empire's set, they would win.

Jeeti

HarmanSingh said:
PCBCA had the best dancers/execution of the night, no business being that low. Going first killed em.
amen...I was so impressed with PCBCA