• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

First Class Bhangra @ Bhangra in the Burgh 11 (2nd Place)

brahmennoodles

It's a little late but here you go, here is the video of First Class Bhangra at Bhangra in the Burgh 11. As always big shoutout to Harjot Hundal of GTV for making sure everyone can see the mascara in our beards with his 4K vids!

Here is our official mix, props to DJ Kavs for dropping some fire for us:

Jodis:

Red: Rishjawn Sharma and Dharvinder Patwa

Yellow: Chandramouli Swaminathan Rathnam & Kunal "Ankle-breaker" Mahesh-where is my car? Oh it got towed

Ferozi: Scumer Qureshi & Saagpreet Menonmen

Blue: Squidarth Pandit & Kash Money Bansal

Orange: Vivek Veladjsfadfsakl;jfdsfdsaf69pudi & Rushil Shah...thas it

Purple:
Shabi Humar & Pumessy Gill

Black: Meep & Indrasavage Brahme

Green: Sujathaflockaflames Baskar & DJ Kavs

Dholi: Tejasvir Singh Rekhi

Thank yous and Shoutouts
  • huge thank you to BIB board and directors Nandini and Isha, y'all were extremely helpful and always there when we needed anything, as always you guys put on an amazing show and thank you for an incredible weekend
  • big thank you to our liaisons Akhil and Ruhani for making sure we knew exactly where we needed to be at all times!
  • Tejasvir Singh Rekhi for always giving 150% for the team and eating 100% of the food in Pittsburgh
  • Much love to our FCB family from Pittsburgh and our out of towners as well, we couldn't have made it through comp day without you all and all of your help
  • VLaks Photography for taking dope nasty pictures of us on stage
  • Dik Dik Singh for helping tie paghs and tuck turlas
  • Congratulations to NSG on First Place and AEG on Third!
  • Huge shoutout to every team that performed, it was an honor to be a part of a competition of this caliber and every team had incredible performances
  • Major ups to all of our newbies Rushil, Vivek, Puneet, and Kunal for exceeding all expectations and killing it at your first Burgh; also Kunal for driving 4+ hours roundtrip everyday for 2 weeks to make sure he could be in Pittsburgh for practices, no more driving for the next year
  • thank you to all of our newbies who didn't dance, all of your efforts made it so that we could have a successful performance
  • last but not least, did anyone see Rishaan's beard?!? Never change #amazing
Ways to start your New Year the right way

If you start our video at exactly:

11:58:48 - Rushil will slip on his chaadar at exactly midnight

11:58:05 - Saagar and Sid flash the audience at exactly midnight

11:56:13 - Saagar's chaadar is literally over his head at exactly midnight

11:56:10 - Kash will bounce you into 2018

11:55:47 - DJ Kavs will do an extra beitke at exactly midnight

11:55:13 - Sid will ding-a-ling you right into the new year

11:54:50 - The strobe lights will end at exactly midnight after approximately a minute of flashing, could be kinda trippy

11:52:45 - Mitra will proceed to do the greatest sequence of double chaffa ever seen at exactly midnight

11:52:14 - Neel's chaadar will decide to fly into his face and expose everything at exactly midnight

Would love and appreciate any feedback and hope everyone enjoys.

Much love,
First Class Bonerz

sahab

Sick performance, sick dancing. Jhoomer was clean and crisp, and the GT road segment had me smiling. I think you were disadvantaged by going 16. Not because your 4 bottom dancers were bad dancers. It's because the stage looked over packed and dancers looked cramped, something to consider if you come back to burgh next year. It also became hard to distinguish formations. I was watching from a balcony view, and sometimes I couldn't tell what the formations were. Another thing was the move modifications. I'm all for them but sometimes in a set judges look for you to do a basic move for 8 counts or so. Think that judge is gonna only see that performance once, they aren't going to catch all the mods you make. It ends up being that they don't add the value to the set you think they are adding, and not modifying the move is more advantageous. Overall, I honestly thought you guys won after seeing that performance, but I can also see where NSG beat you guys ins some categories. Keep up the good work and the placing streak!

Side note: One thing that makes FCB truly special is maximizing dancer potential. FCB can take anyone and make them a good dancer.

ramv88

www.dholiram.com
hype set----remarkable performance after an unfortunate tech-difficulty.

Positives
- I loved the sapp jumps starting at 1:19 with Kash at the front
- Jhummar transition was fun to watch
- GT Road was the main main highlight of your set for me (4:44 - 4:48 and 5:08 - 5:10 were hype)
- ikko tera lakh warga circle was creative- i loved that idea
- Sagar's nakhre @ 6:20 (killed it)
- Ending baitkas idea were the best ones of the night

Some things I thought needed improvement
- the mela opening with the flags---not a fan--timing was messy...i get the home town theme but it took away from the dance..if you compare this to the opener that got you guys first @ burgh, you will see a huge difference. I think that if you guys were able to begin with a move as a whole @ 1:19 as a whole team that would have made a huge statement with the amount of dancers y'all had.
- 5:10 - 5:27 transition from faslan to khunde was too long-- took away the momentum that you guys were able to make
- Song selection - Apart from the jhummar transition, GT Road and Iko tera Lakh Warga, I really wasn't a fan of the other songs.

Congrats guys--and girls

- Dholi Ram