• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

First Class Bhangra @ Bhangra in the Burgh 5 (BIB V) *** UPDATED AGAIN!!***

squashes

Akash
Messages
31
That compilation vid is hot! So much nicer than any one view. Nice work Sid :D

I loved this set, and you guys have definitely stepped up your cleanliness, kudos (obviously there's still more for you to do in that regard, standardizing etc. just like every team out there)
Loved the choreo (as usual) - khunde, dhamaal and end song segments were especially hot imo.
No lie, this set and FCB's Bruin set are among those performances that I always end up re-watching when I get on youtube for a bhangra video binge.

I feel like every time I re-watch one of your performances I always spot something new in the choreo that I didn't notice the first time (something sexy of course).
This brings me over to more of the critique side of things, which I hope helps you guys out..
As I'm sure you've already gathered, it's not exactly a good thing that I keep noticing new things I like about your set after the competition is over.. (although it's clearly not a bad thing either)
I think it's pretty obvious that ideally people should be noticing as many hot-factors as possible right on that first watch to increase the chances that you guys place!

By that token, Kinnell is correct in pointing out that your creativity doesn't get sold for it's maximum potential.
However, I don't think the answer is to just get more creative/less subtle to compensate, as he seems to suggest..
(although that is one possible avenue that could work as other teams have showed us)
I think the real reason your creativity isn't getting sold is simply because not all the dancers seem comfortable with selling the moves..
(this reminds me, i fucking hated fundraising in the neighborhood.. i was not comfortable with selling overpriced knickknacks...)

My point is that FCB's style of creativity is mostly choreo based (which personally i enjoy); there aren't any huge stand-alone gimmicks that just speak for themselves.
For your creativity to really get across to the audience, all your dancers have to be able to sell all those creative moves.
(or barring that, you have to arrange formations such that the audience is instinctively directed towards those who can do the moves well... :-\ [NOT IDEAL])
The dancers can't be happy with just knowing the choreo and being able to execute the choreo in practice.. because for your creativity to be seen they have to be able to sell that choreo on stage.
Furthermore, (from my past experiences at least) i would guess that currently the dancers probably aren't that happy with how ready they are before they get on stage.. which they have to be.

It's the difference between 9 year old me walking up to some lady's house with an elaborate rehearsed speech that I'm not completely comfortable with (but that I did recite for my mom several times) and then suddenly trying to sell her stuff/answer all her questions that i wasn't prepared for.... as opposed to that suave 5th grade bastard down the street who just seems so natural and confident as he swindles all the poor women on the street into buying some plastic junk..

Now maybe that suave bastard is just naturally talented at selling.. but you can also learn to be like that even if you're naturally not (i.e. me) if you know what you're aiming for.
(anyone else getting tired of this selling shit analogy? god damn..)
What I'm saying is: there have to be no nervous faces, no lazy smiles, no overdone nakhre, nothing that hints that you aren't in complete control..
Just confidence and first class swag in every move, amirite? like a team.

To lend some credibility to my argument: Have you ever noticed that when you re-watch a "Class S" performance (like a top elite 8 performance) you are blown away at first, but the more (and more :p ) you watch it the more critiques/mistakes you see until suddenly it doesn't seem all that out of this world?
It's because they've arranged all their "crowd selling" moments in such a way that they really grabbed people's attention away from their mistakes that first time through. Now this could be a purely lucky/natural occurrence, or it could be practiced and engineered... but either way it can be practiced/engineered... and I think that's what you guys are really missing.

Damn this post is long as hell.. Also I couldn't find any forum rules anywhere.. so i hope swearing is allowed.. lol..
tl;dr you guys always have sick potential every time i watch, and hope i outlined something new to fix that helps you guys out in the future. Love you guys <3
 

streetvelocity25

DRP - Manni Mouse
Messages
139
hsdeol said:
Ladies and gents of BTF,


This past weekend FCB had the privileged of competing at BiB5 against some of the best teams in the country. We would like to thank all of the competing teams, the committee, and the fans that made the entire night special for anyone involved! Big congrats to UNC, DCMPAA, and AEG for placing as well as to DCBC, Cornell, UVa, and Drexel for great performances. We hope you had fun in Pittsburgh, and we look forward to seeing everyone back here next year!

Enjoy!




First Class Bhangra @ Bhangra in the Burgh 5 Multiple Angles


Front Balcony View:


FCB BIB 5



Side Balcony View:

FCBonez


Up close view:


First Class Bhangra @ Bhangra in the Burgh 5


Jodi

Yellow Kurtha: Sid P. and Ram M.
Red Kurtha: Harman D. and Swi R.
Blue Kurtha: Milan P. and Samir S.
Black Kurtha: Ravi M. and THE Arjun B.
Pink Kurtha: Pankaj A. and Rahul G.
Brown Kurtha: Sahil D. and Shivum B.


Dholi: Jasmeet from BTF
Chimta: Neha M from Steel City


Mix made by Ram (Saab on BTF)


thank you to everyone again!
Can someone please post the first Saap Song used in their mix?? Please and thanks
 

hsdeol

Active Member
Messages
485
bump.... mah dudes please enjoy our performance... it took a lot of work and a lot of time for us to prepare such an intricate performance, but we hope you love us and enjoy our performances!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

harman/ first class bones
 

roohinor

Dancing isn't about winning, It's about having fun
Messages
231
Love love this routine, but Harman I loved your post even more :)
 

sdadoo15

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Messages
296
siddyp said:
rajiv0224 said:
hsdeol said:
heres the mix if yall dont already have it.

Mix is beyond nasty.
wait till you hear the vpd mix ;)
vpd mix honestly puts a smile on my face every time i hear it. and i understand the two mixes are completely unrelated, but wait till you hear the bruin mix ;)
 

VoiceOfAGeneration

First Class Btf
Messages
59
sdadoo15 said:
siddyp said:
rajiv0224 said:
hsdeol said:
heres the mix if yall dont already have it.
Mix is beyond nasty.
wait till you hear the vpd mix ;)
vpd mix honestly puts a smile on my face every time i hear it. and i understand the two mixes are completely unrelated, but wait till you hear the bruin mix ;)
If i were you're boyfriend, never let you go... ;) all i gotta say
 
Top