• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

inspiration places/etc

pluthra

Member
Messages
296
i really hope no1 did this...i dont think its been done

but continuing....where do ppl get their best ideas for moves, routine, mix, outfits, etc and wat do u do when u do get em??


me-in the morning on the way to practice (if i get lucky)...not listenin to bhangra...usually i forget wat happened in my head- i guess i shud pull over next time to do the move

and worst places for formations for me-in class!!! w/out markers
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
once i have a set bit of choreo, i find it helpful to listen to the mix while driving (limit your dancing :)) I pseudo-do the movements and think them through, and try to choreograph to the individuality of each song. i hate choreo that can be cut/paste between different songs because it's so generic. a lot of my best *aha* moments were after rehashing the choreo like 10 times and then getting something a ton better.
 

pluthra

Member
Messages
296
lucky u i get my "aha" moments when i 1st dance to a song after that ill do the routine again w/some1 recordin and all the steps r new and ugly
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
yeah! and I get my "aha!" moments in my office in the wee hours of the morning. I call it my confined thinking quarters.
 

Waleed

New Member
Messages
729
I do a lot of quality bhangra day dreaming during my long subway commutes to work & back.
 

sulmoney

smd, bitch
Messages
532
while making food actually, like waiting for the oven/stove/microwave/grill/etc to warm up, i like to just screw around and see what comes up...some stuff looks good, others not so much, but those few minutes are my bhangra brainstorming periods for sure
 

rajkaran

Member
Messages
720
I definitely find myself being most creative when I'm listening to music while working out (if ever)...
 

Havish

New Member
Messages
250
The places where I don't expect it, ideas come to me... like in the shower, during some boring lecture, doing work, etc.

Then there are those times when things just hit you like a brick to the face, usually happens while im watch the choero in front of me.
 

pluthra

Member
Messages
296
sulmoney said:
while making food actually, like waiting for the oven/stove/microwave/grill/etc to warm up, i like to just screw around and see what comes up...some stuff looks good, others not so much, but those few minutes are my bhangra brainstorming periods for sure

thats a funny 1....do u do formations on cake??? all i can picture is u in the kitchen workin on a cake and then takin little bhangra people and movin em around on the cake
 

sulmoney

smd, bitch
Messages
532
haha no, formations, i have a little notebook i carry around with me, and then i jot down any formation ideas i have with crazy shorthand and symbols and arrows and whatnot. then i show them to someone, and they say it looks like a bomb diagram. go figure, makes sense to me!
 
Messages
76
for joshiley we think of everythin on the toilet. If someone has an idea and it wasn't from bein on the toilet we throw it out immediately. we even have group shits before practice and stuff like athletic teams do...
 

Harman

Member
Messages
189
Naveen Singh Khokhar said:
for joshiley we think of everythin on the toilet. If someone has an idea and it wasn't from bein on the toilet we throw it out immediately. we even have group shits before practice and stuff like athletic teams do...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
 

pluthra

Member
Messages
296
Naveen Singh Khokhar said:
for joshiley we think of everythin on the toilet. If someone has an idea and it wasn't from bein on the toilet we throw it out immediately. we even have group shits before practice and stuff like athletic teams do...
naveeen wowwwww thanks for the share im glad u feel completely comfortable sharing
 

tonygarcha

New Member
Messages
67
when we are out at a non-team/bhangra function, someone will bring up a cool idea they had. OUr best ideas however come from me and a fellow team mate meeting at the local pub to layout our formations
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
instead of counting sheep when i can't sleep, I freestyle in my head and see what I get. Then I just fall asleep
 

Kush

Active Member
Messages
1,401
Naveen Singh Khokhar said:
for joshiley we think of everythin on the toilet. If someone has an idea and it wasn't from bein on the toilet we throw it out immediately. we even have group shits before practice and stuff like athletic teams do...
hahahahahaha

For me, I will put together a mix with a few songs I'm trying to choreo to (I have like an average of 10 versions of any cuts before I make a final one). Then, they get burned on a cd (which I go through faster than Joshiley does toilet paper) and it gets replayed over and over and over in my car. If i got a dollar for every time I got funny stares cause im flailing my arms in my car to do a step, I'd have well over 1000 dollars!
 

Kush

Active Member
Messages
1,401
Oh and it doesnt help that I drive a stick shift... another 100 bucks if I got one every time i stalled cause of a bhangra step. oops.
 
Top