• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Jashan Results

KushK

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,161
Here it goes again.....

Congrats to all the Placing teams... PANJ good stuff guys, hopefully none of you killed yourself if you jumped off at the end again haha... post videos !!!
 

Gabroo Tv

Member
Messages
662
Manjot said:
AVA!!!! :D good job girls...ami nachi jande? no worries u guys r bettrr
What is it with you Canadian teams? Why can't you all just get along? Why must you come to a public forum and directly talk crap to other teams, yet try to be so discreet about it? Do you really think it's that discreet "ami nachi jande"?

For those that don't know, "ami nachi jande" is A-N-J ... Some local BC teams, including AVA and its followers, use this term against PANJ... The P refers to a punjabi cussword starting with P and ending with D... So, P-Ami-Nachi-Jande - PANJ .. I've seen some people at competitions wearing shirts with this written on it... So let me get this straight, we're all here to keep our culture alive, but do stuff like this on the back end?

Grow up, kids...

P.S. I have no beef with any teams period! I've had conversations with many members of AVA, and other local BC teams... I hold great respect for you all, it's all love; but when you do stupid shit like this on the back end, it doesn't really set a good example for you and your team.
 

SunnyParmar

New Member
Messages
97
Gabroo Tv said:
Manjot said:
AVA!!!! :D good job girls...ami nachi jande? no worries u guys r bettrr
What is it with you Canadian teams? Why can't you all just get along? Why must you come to a public forum and directly talk crap to other teams, yet try to be so discreet about it? Do you really think it's that discreet "ami nachi jande"?

For those that don't know, "ami nachi jande" is A-N-J ... Some local BC teams, including AVA and its followers, use this term against PANJ... The P refers to a punjabi cussword starting with P and ending with D... So, P-Ami-Nachi-Jande - PANJ .. I've seen some people at competitions wearing shirts with this written on it... So let me get this straight, we're all here to keep our culture alive, but do stuff like this on the back end?

Grow up, kids...

P.S. I have no beef with any teams period! I've had conversations with many members of AVA, and other local BC teams... I hold great respect for you all, it's all love; but when you do stupid shit like this on the back end, it doesn't really set a good example for you and your team.

Just a question Harjot, how do you know that "ami nachi jande?" is directed towards Panj? Just a question because I compete and dance with BC teams but have never heard that used towards PANJ before? I'm not sayings its not true, but just wanna know how you found that to be?

Also I don't think Manjot was bashin on any team, I just think he was letting the girls know they can do better then that which is not a big deal. Could be just me.

Congrats to all the teams that placed. Too bad we couldn't compete!:(
 

NDbhangra87

New Member
Messages
48
Iv seen the shirt and iv heard the term. Sometimes certain people on btf mistake being `straight up` as being straight out rude.Funny because when you meet these people in person they deny any name calling or cussing.The shirt is just taking it to far.
!!
Good job PANJ way to come back!! as annay asked DID ANYONE HAVE FUN!!
 

man_bhangra

New Member
Messages
83
Well we just came back to surrey with a beautiful 2nd place trophy.

Starting off I want to comment about the P. Ami. Nachdi. Jande. and how sad it really is. Now to clarify this was targeted at PANJ. When one of my teammates told me about this I couldn't believe how low the BC bhangra teams had gone. Cmon guys, Hate t-shirts ??? ? You'll never see something like this anywhere else. and all their doing is disgracing themselves, their teams, The BC bhangra teams, and bhangra teams overall. Panj doesn't have to worry cuz they ripped up that stage.

Now on to the actual comp. This is one of the best organized comps I've ever been to. It is unbelievable for a first year comp. The organizers made sure everything was on time and that the teams were pampered like royalty. Our team Liason (Bobby Randhawa) was one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He did everything to make our stay perfect. The organizers and Liasons wokeup early and went to sleep late making sure that every teams was happy. The organizers also gave us 2 hours of practice time at the hotel friday night, 2 more hours at a dance studio Saturday morning, along with the regular rehearsal time at the venue. The judges had a meeting with the captains and coaches right before the mixer as well. I believe the comp started on time and everything went smoothly. The placing were fairly accurate but I'd replace AVA with ABC. I didn't get to see either team properly (we watched most of each performance from the side of the stage) But ABC looked better to me from that angle. But one great thing for eacg teams was that 10 min after the winners were annnounced, two dancers from each team got to meet with the judges privately, talk, and see their scoresheets.

I hope to see some detailed team reviews from people in the audience very soon.
 

LaFaFa

New Member
Messages
14
Everyones got their kuchiyan in a bunch.

Who cares if a certain team didnt place?

And as for this little lady stating "ami nachi jande" thats dumb. There's really no other word for it. It's just so dumb. Maybe if you paid more attention to school then you do about your little acronyms you could have been a millionaire by now sali meri.

Shan--I agree with your comment with the exception of Prince. When little boys start winning it's ridiculous how big their heads can get-with the exception of Ranveezy, you've always had a big head. I kid I kid-- kind of : )


Congratulations to all the teams!

LaFaFa OUT!
 

Manjot

Active Member
Messages
2,058
LaFaFa said:
Maybe if you paid more attention to school then you do about your little acronyms you could have been a millionaire by now sali meri.
If you paid more attention in school maybe you could have thought of a better name than LaFaFa on BTF. loll

but yeh congrats to all teams!
 

HermanJ.

New Member
Messages
125
First, I'd like to say that the Jashan Committee did an AMAZING job with the show. Probably one of the best run competitions that I have ever been to and I didn't even compete. They took care of all teams and their supporters. Had a information desk in the lobby and had someone there basically 24 / 7. Helped a lot. Reccommend teams to hit up Jashan next year for sure. The Jubliee Auditorium is a bomb place to have a competition and it was great to see the place packed with almost 2,000 people there!

I watched most of the teams and I'll just give a quick synopsis on whatever I remember.

AVA - Didnt seem to have what they had at IPFF and Rangla. Some formations were off, and some people were slacking here and there. Still placed, so I guess the judges saw something. Congratz on your guys placing!

Shan E Punjab - They ripped it up. Good formations and song selection. Some people lost energy, but the crowd went bonkers when the kids came out! Very clean performance. Congratz on your guys placing!

ABC - Clean, syncronized, and energetic performance. Hit the 3 man tower at the end and got the crowd bumpin with their special jhoomer. I really thought they would have placed. Hopefully at Warrior boys. Congrats on your guys awards .. lol

Jawani Revolution - I think they only had a little bit of time to prepare, the set was pretty dope. Nice ideas, but it could have been a little bit cleaner. Amplifer, red jordi ripped it.

PANJ - Nice, solid performance. Formations and ideas were cool. One girl got her saap stuck and had to throw it but recovered after that. Energy was good for the most part, some people lost energy very quickly. Team wise they had a good performance. Congratz on the victory.

Raju ripped at the end of the competition. The results took a little while to be tallied up but they kept things going getting other people to sing and kill time. I think I can speak for the majority of the people that were at the show watching and felt that ABC would have placed. I dont care what everyone HEARD about performances if you werent there then you should just wait for the videos to be out.

In my opinion I thought it would have been
1. PANJ or ABC
2. PANJ or ABC
3. Shan E Punjab

Meistro said:
Sunny said:
i dont understand why people make such a big deal when a team doesnt place
No need to stroke an already big ego by wondering why they didn't place
Yeah, damn they have such a BIG EGO ... :eek: -- Doesn't seem like you actually know them homie, so maybe you should just keep your mouth shut :)
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
Herman said:
Yeah, damn they have such a BIG EGO ... :eek: -- Doesn't seem like you actually know them homie, so maybe you should just keep your mouth shut :)
oh don't you worry your little tighty whiteys herman. I know what i know about them. Thats all that matters ;) I wouldnt expect any less than a biased opinion coming from you, seeing that you're butt buddies with them. Of course they should have place what was I thinking!...but anyhow, yea, good luck at warrior ABC, lets hope you place so you don't disappoint anybody now :)
 

Manjot

Active Member
Messages
2,058
Herman said:
The Jubliee Auditorium is a bomb place to have a competition and it was great to see the place packed with almost 2,000 people there!
2,000 people damnn!
 

HermanJ.

New Member
Messages
125
Meistro said:
Herman said:
Yeah, damn they have such a BIG EGO ... :eek: -- Doesn't seem like you actually know them homie, so maybe you should just keep your mouth shut :)
oh don't you worry your little tighty whiteys herman. I know what i know about them. Thats all that matters ;) I wouldnt expect any less than a biased opinion coming from you, seeing that you're butt buddies with them. Of course they should have place what was I thinking!...but anyhow, yea, good luck at warrior ABC, lets hope you place so you don't disappoint anybody now :)
First, I don't really give a shit what you have to say. Second, you weren't at the show so you wouldn't really know who should have and shouldn't have placed. But then again you do spend 24/7 on BTF, so you know everything cause you heard it from someone else. Woo you're soo cool. Keep dick hoppin' homie.
 

Sonia

New Member
Messages
12
this competition was very well organized...amazing job for a first time competition! and yes Annay it was a lot of fun...not as much fun as Elite 8...but it was a close second:) hehe

congratulations to all the placing teams...they were well deserved

and congrats all my brother's and sister's on PANJ...we worked hard for this!!
 

vaibhav

Active Member
Messages
704
haha everyone just grow up and move on...
apparently we live in a universe where you can't go back in time so if everyone wants to fight about the placings then go ahead but realize that by doing this, you are being a cause for the downfall of bhangra and i'm pretty sure you don't want kids to look up to you and think hey isn't that the guy/girl starting shit at random places why don't i do it too....
guy just grow up! :) (or use the pm function) hahaha
 

Ricky916

Member
Messages
302
Y can't bhangra jus b for the love of it an without all this drama!! Like don't we do bhangra to keep close to our culture and because we love it?!?! I know I do!

Bt congrats placings teams and the rest of the teams that did well at this comp :)
 
Top