• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

**MOTOR CITY BHANGRA RESULTS**

He Hate Me

Bhangraboy234 said:
He Hate Me said:
Bhangraboy234 said:
He Hate Me said:
Nav Aujla said:
Deepi253 said:
how did nypd place after such a messy set ? Feel like FS did so much better than them... alot more hype and way better execution !

Why are you so concerned with a third place trophy, if it bugs you that much, come down to Toronto and Ill give it to you and you can give it to whomever better yet make it the first of your teams. Also, deepi I saw your other msg in the previous thread calling out some of my dancers, I would like you to consider their skill and then compare it to your own before posting. The nerve you have is beyond me so ill just put it this way, you dont watch our videos and we will, as hard as it may be not watch yours.

soulja boy tell em'!

Here's my 2 cents on why nypd placed over furteelay shokeen and other teams.

* First off - Furteelay: you guys did a great job so don't take this the wrong way.

NYPD: Sure they were sloppy - it happens to the best of teams.

But these guys (NYPD) aren't just dancers, they are entertainers.
You can be the best dancers but be sub-par performers. NYPD brought it with their josh, nakhra, and stage presence.

Truth is the other teams just didn't have command of the stage like these guys did.

Keep at it boys. Well deserved third place.

I find that very contradicting. The best dancers are the best performers, if they weren't the best when they perform they wouldn't be the best dancers. I personally felt Furteelay had more nakhra, you could easily tell they enjoyed their performance more so than NYPD. But regardless, great job to both teams, I hope both Furteelay and NYPD only get better

Think about it a little more - maybe it'll make more sense.
It doesn't make any sense. Can you explain to me in other terms what your trying to say in terms of entertainers vs performers?

Check your messages.

J-Skeet

HarmanToor said:
Deepi253 said:
bringing the whole team ? this is gonna be great! haha ... leggo
Woah lol

Lets relax boys, can't believe this is happening over a third place trophy lol. Deepi, I think the reason why nypd dancers are taking offense to your comment is because of the way you are phrasing it, it really makes you come off as disrespectful and unintelligent. After reading a few of your recent posts, I realized this is just the way you were raised to speak.

How did nypd place 3rd? how did furteeley not place over nypd? why is there a moon? why is the grass green? you asked such stupid questions twice as if you truly believed that someone on btf actually had the answer. It was the judges decision, and that's it. There is literally nothing more to it then that. Many people have posted that they preferred FS over NYPD for 3rd place and yet the light has shined itself on to you.. re-reading your statements should be a clear indicator as to why that has happened, and hopefully a wake up call in the way you communicate in this world. Communication is a big part of success and you really need to work on it. I'm a firm believer that everyone has the right to speak and express themselves, but that doesn't mean you can cross the line and start insulting people and then when they reply, ask them why they are butt hurt. That just makes YOU look like that butt hurt guy who walks around with a stick up his ass all day. Take a look at all your previous posts, you don't even know how to talk to people LOL, and I assure you that will only lead to your lonely demise in the real world. Smarten up man. Be polite, yes maam no maam yes sir no sir, be nice and compliment or even inspire people once in a while and you'll be a better man for it rather then walking around like a big shot, talking down to everybody when in reality, you're an ant to almost every other person on this planet.

"NYPD, great job, I truly believe FS deserved third but I know you guys can come back harder next time" I can't believe I have to go all mummy daddy on you in front of everyone but it's as simple as that bro.

If it makes a difference to anyone, even I think nypd danced like shit and I'm on nypd. Its just bhangra man.. the world keeps spinning regardless of who placed third that night and I don't think there should be an argument about it, but I did feel the need to address your behavior deepi because that's not how you talk to people.

Congrats to all teams, NJ killed it! well well deserved first. I didn't get a chance to see the second place team but I hear great things. Congrats to FS as well for putting on a great show, really loved the set!

+1...and please start mixing again ;D

Hoooray harman tooor hoooray.... I think im about done here ...im just gonna say few final things here
I agree with you as I might have came off as offensive ....buy hey im a straight forward kinda guy.. I said it like I saw it ... and I could care less if you guys are gonna be sensitive about me saying that your set didnt entertain me .. and thaf one of your guys was being lazy.

Second Id like to say your trying to sound oh so great and like you the bigger person ... what makes you any differnt than me if you gonna come back and insult me the way you did ???... frankly I could care less but im pretty certain I was raised perfectly fine ... aaannnnnd im prettysure that I dont walk with my head held high like some people on this godforsaken forum ....

Lastly id just like to sY that this has to be tbe biggest waste of time I have ever seen ....and i dont think you you should think have won this arugment or that you are right ... because neither of us are right ... you guys turned out to be the biggest sensitive case...and I guess I should have probably just left your team members comments be and make sure I write something less staright forward so

My phone is lagging and I dont have the patience to ccorrect the typos this lag is creating. Might decide to come back n fix those when I have some time...

Good luck to you and your team

akumgill

Saab said:
Honestly, to someone who was there, could we get some reviews? Speculation has been fueled by two videos at opposing angles and would like to get the sense from someone who was there live.

Hey guys,

I was DCMPAA's liason and I have also danced with Furteelay so you should probably take everything I say with a grain of salt. Overall, the competition itself was very good. I didn't get a chance to see every team, but the teams that I saw brought it hard. I had NJ winning this competition fairly comfortably. I think it was far from their best performance, but they definitely still did a great job and commanded the stage in a way that no one else really did. DCMPAA brought basically a live set to music (if that makes any sense). I loved watching them and they were one of the rare teams where everyone's form was on point, including their younger dancers. Also, they were an awesome group to be a liason for. Third and fourth place was a little murkier for me. I saw NYPD from the side and FS from the front so maybe that influenced my viewpoint a little bit. Both teams brought very good sets and had some mess ups. I think NYPD danced bigger and stronger (kinda like what someone else was saying about being entertainers), while Furteelay danced with more energy and excitement. I can't wait to see NYPD and Furteelay duke it out again when each of them are a little more prepared and inspired. I talked to two of the judges in the hotel lobby later and they were incredibly helpful and transparent in how they evaluated that 3rd/4th decision. I think no matter how some people feel about how that played out, that comes down to a matter of opinion and not to a failure of the judges. Also on a complete sidenote, shoutout to GMU for taking me to the afterparty when none of you all even knew me and I missed the bus. Super clutch move! I look forward to returning the favor soon.

ravioli151

Overall great weekend!!! ;D All teams were really good, even with the few slip ups. NJ had a really great performance, truly worth first place!!! Shout out to NYPD for killing it aswell!(TORONTO!!) Furteely vs. Nypd was a close call :( . But I enjoyed both performanceS. ;D ...[SIZE=78%] After party was a ton of fun aswell![/SIZE] :p

view from a audience member :)

KushK

HarmanToor said:
Deepi253 said:
Woah lol

Lets relax boys, can't believe this is happening over a third place trophy lol. Deepi, I think the reason why nypd dancers are taking offense to your comment is because of the way you are phrasing it, it really makes you come off as disrespectful and unintelligent. After reading a few of your recent posts, I realized this is just the way you were raised to speak.

How did nypd place 3rd? how did furteeley not place over nypd? why is there a moon? why is the grass green? you asked such stupid questions twice as if you truly believed that someone on btf actually had the answer. It was the judges decision, and that's it. There is literally nothing more to it then that. Many people have posted that they preferred FS over NYPD for 3rd place and yet the light has shined itself on to you.. re-reading your statements should be a clear indicator as to why that has happened, and hopefully a wake up call in the way you communicate in this world. Communication is a big part of success and you really need to work on it. I'm a firm believer that everyone has the right to speak and express themselves, but that doesn't mean you can cross the line and start insulting people and then when they reply, ask them why they are butt hurt. That just makes YOU look like that butt hurt guy who walks around with a stick up his ass all day. Take a look at all your previous posts, you don't even know how to talk to people LOL, and I assure you that will only lead to your lonely demise in the real world. Smarten up man. Be polite, yes maam no maam yes sir no sir, be nice and compliment or even inspire people once in a while and you'll be a better man for it rather then walking around like a big shot, talking down to everybody when in reality, you're an ant to almost every other person on this planet.

"NYPD, great job, I truly believe FS deserved third but I know you guys can come back harder next time" I can't believe I have to go all mummy daddy on you in front of everyone but it's as simple as that bro.

If it makes a difference to anyone, even I think nypd danced like shit and I'm on nypd. Its just bhangra man.. the world keeps spinning regardless of who placed third that night and I don't think there should be an argument about it, but I did feel the need to address your behavior deepi because that's not how you talk to people.

Congrats to all teams, NJ killed it! well well deserved first. I didn't get a chance to see the second place team but I hear great things. Congrats to FS as well for putting on a great show, really loved the set!
Well Said.

Kaur

since when did a 3rd place trophy matter anyways? we got 3rd once and dont even know where the trophy is at the moment lol.

My opinion FS great set but weak execution by some dancers so it stood out .Nypd great set but the whole team was sloppy so it didnt stand out as much because if they are going to be sloppy at least the whole team is sloppy together lol.

Unitil you are a judge yourself you will not know how hard it gets when you have to get down to the little things, in my judging experience 3rd is the hardest trophy to give. Teams walk in wanting a black/white answer but sometimes it just comes to to a vote by the judges and majority wins.
Regardless 3rd shouldnt be the goal of anytime, take back all the feedback you can get and bring it harder next time! And as long as you did better then your previous experience a trophy shouldnt matter at all.

Ak_Di_Nishani

Deepi253 said:
Hoooray harman tooor hoooray.... I think im about done here ...im just gonna say few final things here
I agree with you as I might have came off as offensive ....buy hey im a straight forward kinda guy.. I said it like I saw it ... and I could care less if you guys are gonna be sensitive about me saying that your set didnt entertain me .. and thaf one of your guys was being lazy.

Second Id like to say your trying to sound oh so great and like you the bigger person ... what makes you any differnt than me if you gonna come back and insult me the way you did ???... frankly I could care less but im pretty certain I was raised perfectly fine ... aaannnnnd im prettysure that I dont walk with my head held high like some people on this godforsaken forum ....

Lastly id just like to sY that this has to be tbe biggest waste of time I have ever seen ....and i dont think you you should think have won this arugment or that you are right ... because neither of us are right ... you guys turned out to be the biggest sensitive case...and I guess I should have probably just left your team members comments be and make sure I write something less staright forward so

My phone is lagging and I dont have the patience to ccorrect the typos this lag is creating. Might decide to come back n fix those when I have some time...

Good luck to you and your team

.... lol what?

KushK

Hkiran said:
since when did a 3rd place trophy matter anyways? we got 3rd once and dont even know where the trophy is at the moment lol.

My opinion FS great set but weak execution by some dancers so it stood out .Nypd great set but the whole team was sloppy so it didnt stand out as much because if they are going to be sloppy at least the whole team is sloppy together lol.

Unitil you are a judge yourself you will not know how hard it gets when you have to get down to the little things, in my judging experience 3rd is the hardest trophy to give. Teams walk in wanting a black/white answer but sometimes it just comes to to a vote by the judges and majority wins.
Regardless 3rd shouldnt be the goal of anytime, take back all the feedback you can get and bring it harder next time! And as long as you did better then your previous experience a trophy shouldnt matter at all.
I love our Burgh 3rd place trophy. Placing is a placing. We've had our moments and not respected a 3rd place. Looking back at it, I felt we are wrong. If the judges reward you with 3rd 2nd or 1st, take it with respect and let it be. Move on have a good time and get on working better if you really can't digest that you got 3rd.

Sorry if this is off topic but a placing is a placing dude...

Kaur

Ankush said:
Hkiran said:

I love our Burgh 3rd place trophy. Placing is a placing. We've had our moments and not respected a 3rd place. Looking back at it, I felt we are wrong. If the judges reward you with 3rd 2nd or 1st, take it with respect and let it be. Move on have a good time and get on working better if you really can't digest that you got 3rd.

To some teams even a 2nd means nothing while to others they can go through their whole career with a 3rd and thats good enough. Every team has their own goals, motivation and mindset and are looking for certain things.

I can only speak for us, and we have argued over 1st/2nd places, and not placing at all when we thought we should have hit 1st/2nd but 3rd/4th never matterd except at elite 8. But once again this was just our mindset everyone is different.

amancheema

Ankush said:
Hkiran said:

Hoenstly my personal favorite placing is 4th place ... Just think there's a certain sex appeal to being the 4th place team at a comp... My second favorite placing is either 3rd or 6th

Cherag

Hkiran said:

3rd place wasn't actually hard to give away there was a consensus of the 1, 2, and 3 and even the 4th spot amongst all of the judges, there was no majority in decision, not in this case at least so the judging itself shouldn't be discredited. And placing period is a hard task to accomplish, amongst 10 teams to have a 30% chance of taking home a trophy, makes a competition a competition, and Ankush has already described my view on this, thanks mayne. Idk what you have done as a judge, no offense intended honestly I really don't know haha, but when it comes down to a black/white answer, TEAMS DESERVE IT, I firmly believe that it's in the job description of a judge that a team has every right to know where they flawed, and where their mastery of the art was recognized especially after spending so much time and let alone money to be competing. No team should ever leave a competition without having full security and comfortability on reason behind why they did or did not place, if they do care about this. From the moment that we left the judges meeting to the moment I left the hotel the next morning, I was continuously being asked advise, being questioned on segments, dancers etc. It was so refreshing for myself and the other two judges to have a team wanting to improve, and it went all the way from team 1 down to team 10. But every team has the right to know yes in black/white what exactly and how exactly the judging took place. I was thrilled that Motor City Bhangra and it's Committee aloud the team-judge relationship to be of such transparent nature, something that many other competitions could adopt and apply.

Remy

HarmanToor said:
Deepi253 said:
Woah lol

100% agreed with HarmanToor.

Deepi - You have to give respect to get respect.

If you come off as rude and act like a dick, that's how you will be treated in return.

Kaur

Remy said:
HarmanToor said:
Deepi253 said:
Woah lol

100% agreed with HarmanToor.

Deepi - You have to give respect to get respect.

If you come off as rude and act like a dick, that's how you will be treated in return.
+1

sumeetj

after being to a great number of comps, and having judges fall silent and quickly shoo us out of the room when i ask why certain teams placed over us, the third place trophy we have is a treasure to me and i shall treat it like my own child. regardless i was disappointed that we didnt place higher caus i would never want to settle for less, simply being somewhat recognized for the effort felt nice

Man yall are still on this ????? Get over it seriously ...I gave my two cents about their video! Wasnt being a dick or disrepecting at all ...I was just telling it how it was .. since when did telling the truth or being straight forward turn into such a big deal ??? Obviously no one on this forum can handle the truth right to their face -.- ..... but on a side note Im loving all this attention your giving to my post haha.

I really think you people need to reread what ive wrrote in all my post and understand that my comment was a general statement that hey!!! I personally think fs did better than nypd and ifI was to choose the 3 winning teams I would have gone with fs ...

Now please do us all a favor and get over it ! Yall sound so dumb arguing about something that should have never been a argument.....

I dont know why my opnion matters so dam much to you people ... or maybe bhangra has taken over your lives to the point where all you think about is bhangra... " omg he said nypd sucked and their set was boring ...." yall made something so small into something so dan big .... again get over it !!!! You people all start talking shit and trippin for the stupiest reasons

Mukandpuria

Cherag said:
Hkiran said:

3rd place wasn't actually hard to give away there was a consensus of the 1, 2, and 3 and even the 4th spot amongst all of the judges, there was no majority in decision, not in this case at least so the judging itself shouldn't be discredited. And placing period is a hard task to accomplish, amongst 10 teams to have a 30% chance of taking home a trophy, makes a competition a competition, and Ankush has already described my view on this, thanks mayne. Idk what you have done as a judge, no offense intended honestly I really don't know haha, but when it comes down to a black/white answer, TEAMS DESERVE IT, I firmly believe that it's in the job description of a judge that a team has every right to know where they flawed, and where their mastery of the art was recognized especially after spending so much time and let alone money to be competing. No team should ever leave a competition without having full security and comfortability on reason behind why they did or did not place, if they do care about this. From the moment that we left the judges meeting to the moment I left the hotel the next morning, I was continuously being asked advise, being questioned on segments, dancers etc. It was so refreshing for myself and the other two judges to have a team wanting to improve, and it went all the way from team 1 down to team 10. But every team has the right to know yes in black/white what exactly and how exactly the judging took place. I was thrilled that Motor City Bhangra and it's Committee aloud the team-judge relationship to be of such transparent nature, something that many other competitions could adopt and apply.
HK, I have to respectable disagree on your 3rd place view. Although you might be talking about that small percent of teams in the circuit that always places 1st and 2nd, I am sure the other 8+ teams would like to place, even if a team that placed third isn't happy. Now, I am sure there are some who wouldn't be. If you let those teams cool down and ask them would you rather not place at all, they would take a 3rd place trophy over not placing. There are teams in the circuit that have never placed, I am sure a 3rd trophies for them would be like winning 1st. Especially if the lineup is tough. We placed 3rd at Bayside and didn't place at all at VPD (our first comp), you better believe we wanted feedback. I can tell your from experience if a judges gave us generic answers like "you guys need more energy" and that's it. to be honest with you, teams are not stupid and can call bullshit when they see it. It is easy to tell if a judge decided half way though a teams performance if the set wasn't worth watching. Exchanges like these make a judge lose their credibility and I can tell you I would ask for that judge to be removed and discredited if they were going to judge me in the future. As a Judge and experienced coach, your views on placing teams are really disturbing. It almost suggests you don't care who places third, or because it is a hard decision you just let it slide. Not the right attitude to have IMO, and not a good public statement.

Hats off to the judges for remembering every team and giving them feedback that was relevant to them and using details like "your green jodi.." or " this segment the blue jodi.." That is really helping a team improve and you are doing wonders for the bhangra community.

Anyway, Motor City congrats on a good first year comp, regardless of the bad publicity that has been happening on BTF, I have heard good things about this comp. Best of luck next year.

dheerja

Abhi said:
Cherag said:
Hkiran said:

HK, I have to respectable disagree on your 3rd place view. Although you might be talking about that small percent of teams in the circuit that always places 1st and 2nd, I am sure the other 8+ teams would like to place, even if a team that placed third isn't happy. Now, I am sure there are some who wouldn't be. If you let those teams cool down and ask them would you rather not place at all, they would take a 3rd place trophy over not placing. There are teams in the circuit that have never placed, I am sure a 3rd trophies for them would be like winning 1st. Especially if the lineup is tough. We placed 3rd at Bayside and didn't place at all at VPD (our first comp), you better believe we wanted feedback. I can tell your from experience if a judges gave us generic answers like "you guys need more energy" and that's it. to be honest with you, teams are not stupid and can call bullshit when they see it. It is easy to tell if a judge decided half way though a teams performance if the set wasn't worth watching. Exchanges like these make a judge lose their credibility and I can tell you I would ask for that judge to be removed and discredited if they were going to judge me in the future. As a Judge and experienced coach, your views on placing teams are really disturbing. It almost suggests you don't care who places third, or because it is a hard decision you just let it slide. Not the right attitude to have IMO, and not a good public statement.

Hats off to the judges for remembering every team and giving them feedback that was relevant to them and using details like "your green jodi.." or " this segment the blue jodi.." That is really helping a team improve and you are doing wonders for the bhangra community.

Anyway, Motor City congrats on a good first year comp, regardless of the bad publicity that has been happening on BTF, I have heard good things about this comp. Best of luck next year.
Yes, yes, and yes.