• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

**MOTOR CITY BHANGRA RESULTS**

KushK

Ok in all fairness stop shredding Harkirans post. I think she meant something else and just wrote it wrong. I agree with her that every team has their own motivation and to some teams a 3rd can be nothing and to some teams its just about the performance on its own.

As a judge I'm sure she has made some tough calls as well and definitely understands what a 3rd place can mean to a team. So yea agreed lets all just move on.

Also I'm on the same page as RIP, CONGRATS TO ALL THE PLACING TEAMS and to all the other teams for putting on a good show!

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Hkiran said:
I can see that my "since when does 3rd place matter" was the wrong choice of words. It should have been " don't settle for 3rd, shoot for the moon"

+1 - Boom! That's all that was needed Harkiran.

A wrong choice of words caused practically an entire page of responses essentially reinterating the same thing - that's BTF for ya! I'm glad you could correct yourself and realize where you went wrong with your initial post.

Btw, I'm sure if a team consistently placed 3rd at every major competition over the course of an entire season (which I understand is almost impossible), they would get into Elite 8 ;) I'll gladly take that!

~ Basim :)

MotorCityBhangra

Everyone we would really appreciate if you can take some time off of all this and please write reviews for our competition but apart from which team did what and who should have placed and the whole attitude problems. We as a committee worked really hard to make this show possible and to make sure all the teams had a great time throughtout the weekend and these are some things that no one can control. We can go back and forth regarding this issue and it will never come to a solid conclusions. Through this discussion one good thing that came out that when something like this happen our Bhangra Community comes together as a family against the people who don't deserve to be calling themselves dancers and that what matters the most!!

So we will really appreciate it if you guys can write some reviews as far as how the competition was overall because that will help us grow next year!!

He Hate Me

Jagga515 said:
faizan said:
"since when did a 3rd place trophy matter anyways? we got 3rd once and dont even know where the trophy is at the moment lol."

smh.

typical attitude of someone who is obsessed with winning. it is this attitude that makes dancers into monsters. it is this attitude that makes them cry and break their trophies (seen it). it is this attitude that makes them fight each other (seen it). it is this attitude that makes them walk off stage when they don't place higher than third (seen it). it is this attitude that makes them lock themselves in their room and not socialize after the competition (seen it). it is this attitude that makes their ustaads curse our organizers (seen it). it is this attitude that makes teams insult competitions on facebook (seen it). it is this attitude that makes team members gesture to the audience to suck their dick (seen it).

time to grow up and realize there is more to life than winning. when this happens, we can all move forward as a circuit.
Faizan, well said. I am disturbed by Harkiran's post, because she has many youngsters under her win. Gotta drop the ego and pride, and teams might enjoy dancing/coaching more. The end.

P.S. The seasoned dancers and veterans need to be much more mature and active about preserving the intangible feeling of doing bhangra, aka performing it for the love of it. Who cares if you do or do not get a trophy? What matters is that you love what you're doing and if you do that, the audience will follow and give you the ovation you deserve. I speak for myself when I say this; I danced to win the hearts of others, not to win trophies. The trophies were the icing on a 5 tier cake in my journey through the circuit.

vah! now that's what I call a champion post from a champion man
iA we will see a better day for the circuit in the near future

J-Skeet

LOL guys guys please. Every team has a different motivation and different goals. For PANJ we were never happy with 3rd that's all I am saying. For the 6yrs we competed we wanted to keep pushing ourselves. If we got too happy with 3rd we were afraid we wouldn't work harder.

All I meant was that you shouldn't settle for 3rd keep coming back harder. If we didn't have that mentality we wouldn't have been successful.

I can see that my "since when does 3rd place matter" was the wrong choice of words. It should have been " don't settle for 3rd, shoot for the moon"

I have always views myself as a part of the change not a part of the problem, this was just a bad choice of words.

Anywaysssss!! Ahah can we move on now!!
Before I say anything else I'd like to say I'm definitely not a vet, and I have a lot of respect for all the vets in the circuit that have made Bhangra what it is today. With that said I'll start.

Why should we move on? Because you're a vet? Because your choice of words were wrong? Yes, I'm a "newbie" but that doesn't mean I'm going to just move pass what you meant. I've read your posts over and over and what I got from it was..ahahah lol you guys are mad? I saw no apology no correction, I just saw you change the words up a bit. What I read was: I didn't mean to say it the way I did, but I meant what I said. I can understand that you guys have a competitive mentality, but laughing at the thought of a 3rd place. What I saw in your posts wasn't the HK that I've been told helps teams, I saw the HK that was cocky, arrogant and outright ignorant. There has been a discussion going around about competition behaviors..the teams that tell audience to suck it on stage, or curse on stage or walk away from 1st place ties..who are they. They are these cocky teams who keep forgetting that there's more to Bhangra than just them...it's more than a team, any team. I remember an incident a while ago where PANJ shirts were made and they stood for P*** ahmi nachi jandene...while it was childish I can now see the plight of the people that made them. I'm a strong believer that there are no bad students only bad teachers...and now I'm not saying that you're a bad teacher, but your attitude about bhangra fuels cockiness and arrogance. <---and this is the reason why sportsmanship is down. This is the reason why teams can't handle not placing.

General statement: Fix you're attitude about Bhangra comps. Come to win, but unless this is your job and not a hobby don't be mad when you don't win.

I know some people will say that I'm attacking HK...well I'm only telling her what's up like everyones' been telling Deepi. He was wrong and she is wrong, and I just called her out just in the way that everyone's been ranting that people should get called out.

KushK

amancheema said:
everyone has their own reason for dancing (a hobby, a competitive sport, a career, a life-calling, a rishta portal, etc.)

the solution is to go to a comp and not be a phudu regardless of your motives... these discussions would be unnecessary

The Most Inspiring thing ever said...
No offense bro, this is why you are a newbie. Yes the bhangra circuit is fucked but you forgive and forget. If you want to grow on the circuit you learn to let things go. Wether you liked her post her not but still you become a bigger person by just saying "I get you Harkiran but next time please don't discredit a 3rd place from a team...." That would be that. Stop bringing up stuff from like '09 to add more fuel to the fire. Everyone knows about the PANJ thing... All said and done now homie.

amancheema

Ankush said:
amancheema said:
everyone has their own reason for dancing (a hobby, a competitive sport, a career, a life-calling, a rishta portal, etc.)

the solution is to go to a comp and not be a phudu regardless of your motives... these discussions would be unnecessary

The Most Inspiring thing ever said...
No offense bro, this is why you are a newbie. Yes the bhangra circuit is fucked but you forgive and forget. If you want to grow on the circuit you learn to let things go. Wether you liked her post her not but still you become a bigger person by just saying "I get you Harkiran but next time please don't discredit a 3rd place from a team...." That would be that. Stop bringing up stuff from like '09 to add more fuel to the fire. Everyone knows about the PANJ thing... All said and done now homie.

quoting the wrong person... galt ILZAAM*, newbie

RsKderpu

Deepi253 said:
how did nypd place after such a messy set ? Feel like FS did so much better than them... alot more hype and way better execution !

Does it really matter? Judges made their decision and believed NYPD deserved it more. Maybe the judges had a different view and opinion than you. You need to take in all aspects of why and how teams placed (in views of a spectator and a judge). I'm not trying to come at you bro, just saying.

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Saab said:
Honestly, to someone who was there, could we get some reviews? Speculation has been fueled by two videos at opposing angles and would like to get the sense from someone who was there live.
Without re-watching videos, just going based off memory, I watched both teams and remember thinking that they were neck-and-neck. I thought it could have gone either way. Excellent performances from each. FS had great crowd support and passion, while NYPD had very mature dancers that commanded the stage.

akumgill said:
I think NYPD danced bigger and stronger, while Furteelay danced with more energy and excitement.
I agree

Ak_Di_Nishani

Deepi253 said:
What rage ??? Im calmer than calm....

Lmao your the only people here that sound so mad about what I post ... so much hate anger and so mmany insults haha... my posts stand.

Also I did get the gist of what your t :rying to say ... I just dont slighty give a fuck .. im a hard headed straightfoward guy ... those kind of people come off as rude ... but in all honesty people like me arnt afriad of saying what they need to say ... soo you guys keep at the shit talking and I will enjoy how mich ive truly pissed you off hahahahah

Smiles bundch laila btw they are their for a reason gonna use them to spice it up 8)
/

... lol WHAT?

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Ak_Di_Nishani said:
Deepi253 said:
What rage ??? Im calmer than calm....

Lmao your the only people here that sound so mad about what I post ... so much hate anger and so mmany insults haha... my posts stand.

Also I did get the gist of what your t :rying to say ... I just dont slighty give a fuck .. im a hard headed straightfoward guy ... those kind of people come off as rude ... but in all honesty people like me arnt afriad of saying what they need to say ... soo you guys keep at the shit talking and I will enjoy how mich ive truly pissed you off hahahahah

Smiles bundch laila btw they are their for a reason gonna use them to spice it up 8)
/

... lol WHAT?

smilean nu bund'ch ni laili veere