• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Natya Academy's Gajjdi Jawani at Virsa Punjab Da 2011

lavesh

Member
Messages
421
Hey BTF, here is Gajjdi Jawani performing as an exhibition act at VPD 2011...they are a high school co-ed team from North Carolina:

Natya Academy's Gajjdi Jawani at Virsa Punjab Da 2011

4 of the 8 dancers in this vid didnt perform at DDA 2010 in Dec., so it was def. messier...but drop a comment!

note: my cousin rohit (yellow) is OK lol...bad luck for the kid, he was also the one who messed up his leg the night before bhangra masti with gajjde gabroo :(
 

mathesonwhat

BUSY - gettin' rich, doing bhangra on the side
Messages
50
props to the yellow guy for coming back, as well as noticing his chadra was loose! the same happened to me, only my chadra fell off ALL THE WAY, AND THE WHOLE AUDIENCE SAW MY KUTCHI!! but i got it fixed and came back, like the yyellow guy, and trust me, that takes a lot of guts!
 

sonehdataweet

New Member
Messages
773
Lavesh- Nice legs ;) Killed the jhoomar
Jagdeep- Balle Balle Balle jawana, Chak de phattey. You've come a long way Jagdeep. Seriously you have improved so much in the past few years of seeing you perform. I've seen you do better then this, this def. was a messier job than what your potential is.
Rohit- Despite whatever happened to your chadra you def. did a good job!
Pooja- Amazing job, you are one of the strongest female dancers on the team. I really couldn't stop watching you perform. Very graceful.
Anooj- Good Job SON!
Harsh- I remember seeing you at the academy 2 months before DDA, and you have come a long ways from that. You def. have picked up a lot of steps. You know what your doing, I've seen dancer's *cough cough* at the academy who have been there for years and have no improvement. Your dedication to learning bhangra has helped you immensely
Sonali- I'm not going to lie, You do an amazing job. You and Pooja always intrigue me.
Neha and Nishi- I really don't know ya'll but you guys did a good job.


Overall the set needs cleaning up. I feel like the jori's should be switched around a little bit to match each person's capabilities. Like I've told you before Lavesh, I feel like you guys need dancer's who are devoted fully at each performance. Hopefully, you guys can go a 12 person set. You guys def. have potential hopefully, others will agree.

<3
 

priyab

New Member
Messages
38
rohit, sick job, everyone cheered so hard for you when you got back on, you definitely captured everyones attention. :) strongest male dancer on the floor that night.
a major thing you guys need to work on is stamina. i know this bc its something my team struggles with too. i feel like form will fall into place when stamina is uniform for the team. i loved watching you guys though! and pooja & sonali, you guys are very graceful!

also ... LOOKIN GOOD LAVESH. hahaha.
 

RohitB

New Member
Messages
2
mathesonwhat said:
props to the yellow guy for coming back, as well as noticing his chadra was loose! the same happened to me, only my chadra fell off ALL THE WAY, AND THE WHOLE AUDIENCE SAW MY KUTCHI!! but i got it fixed and came back, like the yyellow guy, and trust me, that takes a lot of guts!
thanks for the support, it definitely was a bit frustrating for that to happen but I am just glad I was able to get back on stage :)
 

Bianca B

New Member
Messages
15
Heyy! I didn't know you all put up a video!


Will comment more later, cause I have class now. Just wanted to say though:


yellow jodi (Rohit and Pooja) at 3:16.


dang.
 

lavesh

Member
Messages
421
preet585 said:
who that ford song by? @ 4:20???
ford is by sarthi k...i would attach, but my stupid comp wont work :(

haha, pumpi, i think that girl flipped out n just gave up wen she saw that LOLL
 
Top