• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

NBA Playoffs 2011

bhangrathug

Lebron needs to step his game up....Last nights game was just bad. 8 points from Lebron James is unacceptable, hopefully he will show up in game 5. D-Wade def. deserves Finals MVP as of now.

J Hayer

bhangrathug said:
D-Wade def. deserves Finals MVP as of now.
as of now? The Heat have been going through this series without lebron and at this point -- wade's already earned mvp imo

bhangrathug

J Hayer said:
bhangrathug said:
D-Wade def. deserves Finals MVP as of now.
as of now? The Heat have been going through this series without lebron and at this point -- wade's already earned mvp imo
yeah ur right...but theres 3 more games a lot can change...who knowssssss lets see

Love

Lebron wasn't even the second best player on the team yesterday. Maybe not even the third. He kept trying to cheat on his defender by doubling the other man, going in the passing lane, or drawing a charge, and always left his man open.

Kush

Agreed, Love. Wade and Bosh were 1st n 2nd (just barely though because bosh came strong in the first half while wade picked it up in the second. Wade edges bosh out simply because of his overall impact). Mario Chalmers was 3rd, and bron came in 4th.

As for navkarn's picture... true committment by this guy because i'm pretty sure he doesnt even have eyebrows...

a.bajwa7

pretty sure Disco Dirk deserves to win MVP over anyone. He's been unreal. And that too, with a messed up finger and fever of 102 LOL

Kush

a.bajwa7 said:
pretty sure Disco Dirk deserves to win MVP over anyone. He's been unreal. And that too, with a messed up finger and fever of 102 LOL
no, as clutch as dirk has been his impact has not been any greater than that of dwayne wade for the heat. Both are pure scoring machines, except wade takes the edge with his bigger-than-6'4 defense. I'll give dirk the fact that he has no other allstars on his team, but he still doesnt have much of a focal production as dwayne wade for the heat.

Mark my words, end of this series wades breaking into the top 5 2-guards's all time. And before he's done i woudlnt be surprised if he takes away kobe's number 2 spot ;)

Love

Kush said:
And before he's done i woudlnt be surprised if he takes away kobe's number 2 spot ;)
No way. I'm willing to put a thousand bucks on that. Kobe is a top 10 player in nba history already. I don't see wade breaking that. Hell I don't even know if Lebron will.

Kush

Love said:
Kush said:
And before he's done i woudlnt be surprised if he takes away kobe's number 2 spot ;)
No way. I'm willing to put a thousand bucks on that. Kobe is a top 10 player in nba history already. I don't see wade breaking that. Hell I don't even know if Lebron will.
youre telling me that if wade gets 5 or 6 rings, he wont at least be considered for that spot? Lol we're talking about kobe hitting the decline portion of his career.... Wade is THICK IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS. Lets see where we're at when its all said and done. I refuse to believe Wade is gonna be this generations Clyde Drexler... AKA the SECOND best shooting guard during the Jordan Era.

Love

If wade gets 5 or 6 rings, that means lebron would have 4 or 5. Granted Lebron has been pathetic this series, I still think he's the better player overall. When you've got arguably the 2 best players in the nba playing side by side with a top 5 pf being your THIRD option, you'll probably need more than 5 or 6 rings. He'll need to be relevant and consistent for YEARS. Kobe's been consistently killing it for years and years. 14 years and he's still relevant in MVP talks.
Wade is on the tail of his prime in my opinion. A few years ago I would have said he was in his prime.

HarmanSingh

Love said:
If wade gets 5 or 6 rings, that means lebron would have 4 or 5. Granted Lebron has been pathetic this series, I still think he's the better player overall. When you've got arguably the 2 best players in the nba playing side by side with a top 5 pf being your THIRD option, you'll probably need more than 5 or 6 rings. He'll need to be relevant and consistent for YEARS. Kobe's been consistently killing it for years and years. 14 years and he's still relevant in MVP talks.
Wade is on the tail of his prime in my opinion. A few years ago I would have said he was in his prime.
Kobe got his first 3 rings with one of the most dominant big men in NBA history right. Lets stop acting like Kobe has played with a bunch of scrubs for his career.

Love

HarmanSingh said:
Love said:
Kobe got his first 3 rings with one of the most dominant big men in NBA history right. Lets stop acting like Kobe has played with a bunch of scrubs for his career.
He played with the best player in the nba during the time. Who's acting here? He didn't decide to join forces with Shaq. He made a name for himself, earning a starting spot after his rookie year. By saying "he'll need more than 4 or 5 rings", I was referring to what I said following that sentence. That rings won't matter because he's in that situation. More than receiving credit for 5 rings, kobe is discredited for them. Wade is subject to the same criticism, and therefore he has to be a consistent performer throughout his career.

HarmanSingh

Love said:
HarmanSingh said:
Love said:
He played with the best player in the nba during the time. Who's acting here? He didn't decide to join forces with Shaq. He made a name for himself, earning a starting spot after his rookie year. By saying "he'll need more than 4 or 5 rings", I was referring to what I said following that sentence. That rings won't matter because he's in that situation. More than receiving credit for 5 rings, kobe is discredited for them. Wade is subject to the same criticism, and therefore he has to be a consistent performer throughout his career.
Who cares if they decided to join forces or not? They played together, they won rings together. Kobe was not going to get those 3 rings without Shaq, bet it.

So if you are going to discredit Wade's hypothetical rings because he is playing with 2 other good players, you should discredit Kobe for getting rings with the best player in the league. Wade also made a name for himself as a rookie and won his title playing with a hobbled Shaq. Assuming he wings 4 or 5 more rings (which is a huge hypothetical) then why wouldn't he be on par with Kobe? He would be have the same amount of rings as Kobe and would have played with the best players in the league just like Kobe did.

Love

They're not just 2 other good players, he's playing with the best player in the NBA AND a top 5 pf.
Shaq was not going to win those 3 rings without Kobe, bet it. Jordan wouldn't have won it without Pippen and Rodman.
Lets throw rings out of it then.
Who is the better player? Who, at the end of the day, will be talked about more? Who has been relevant for longer? I don't see Wade ending on the same level as Shaq, Kobe, and Duncan. That's my opinion.

It's crazy how Lebron was almost unanimously the best player in the league up until now, and now that he's struggling and Wade isn't, Wade suddenly becomes one of the best ever. What about Wade's struggles against Indiana and Chicago? Both players have struggled, and they've averaged the same numbers throughout the playoffs.

On topic: Some ridiculous shots being made by both team

HarmanSingh

Love said:
They're not just 2 other good players, he's playing with the best player in the NBA AND a top 5 pf.
Shaq was not going to win those 3 rings without Kobe, bet it. Jordan wouldn't have won it without Pippen and Rodman.
Lets throw rings out of it then.
Who is the better player? Who, at the end of the day, will be talked about more? Who has been relevant for longer? I don't see Wade ending on the same level as Shaq, Kobe, and Duncan. That's my opinion.

It's crazy how Lebron was almost unanimously the best player in the league up until now, and now that he's struggling and Wade isn't, Wade suddenly becomes one of the best ever. What about Wade's struggles against Indiana and Chicago? Both players have struggled, and they've averaged the same numbers throughout the playoffs.

On topic: Some ridiculous shots being made by both team
Kobe/Shaq's 3peat roster > Miami's current roster. It isn't even close, LA had better role players, a better coach and Shaq was far more dominant than Lebron.

Of course Kobe has been relevant longer than Wade. This is about Wade POSSIBLY being considered a better player if he gets 5 or 6 more rings. In that case, it is very possible Wade could be considered a better player.

Also, Lebron was not unanimously the best player in the league. A lot of people have questioned that.