• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

NBA Playoffs 2011

Love

Surprising, removing the bias of hatred toward Lebron, I'd say he was the best this season. I don't think Wade and Lebron can adapt to their inevitable declining athleticism like Kobe and Jordan have(not saying Kobe is on Jordan's level, but they both adapted). They both have average foot work, and their post games aren't great. And I don't think that Miami is going to win 6 rings in a row.

Love

JJ barea raised his 3 pointer sliders. Cheater...

edit: another thing about wade...his injuries. He has yet to play 80+ games in a season. Just brought this up because he went down today

HarmanSingh

Love said:
Surprising, removing the bias of hatred toward Lebron, I'd say he was the best this season. I don't think Wade and Lebron can adapt to their inevitable declining athleticism like Kobe and Jordan have(not saying Kobe is on Jordan's level, but they both adapted). They both have average foot work, and their post games aren't great. And I don't think that Miami is going to win 6 rings in a row.
It is not hate, D. Rose, Dwight Howard and Dirk all had just as if not better than seasons than Lebron this year.

Also this conversation assumes Wade maintains this level of play and wins 5 or 6 more rings. I don't think he will do it either, but if he somehow does he could be considered better than Kobe.

Some people (especially in LA) mythologize Kobe way too much.

Love

I think Kobe is pretty amazing, but I'm not gonna get carried away and discredit Shaq for what he's done. Dwight Howard couldn't get his team to a good record. It was disappointing. Dirk was amazing this season, but that injury to his elbow held him back. Rose was phenomenal, but I still think Lebron had a great season, too bad he's choking it up in the finals.

Scratch my comment about barea...somebody raised the 3 point sliders for the whole mavs team

Don

like i said before...mavs in 6. they will win the next one in miami. and what a performance by the jet

Kush

Mavs are not winning in 6. this series is going 7. that is all i have to say today.

Love

"The world is happy when the Heat lose"-paraphrased from Wade.

You sir, are correct. I am celebrating.

Yankee Saini

ਅਣਖ ਨਾਲ ਜੇ ਜਿਊਣਾ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਏ ll
HEAT got this in 7.

Yankee Saini

ਅਣਖ ਨਾਲ ਜੇ ਜਿਊਣਾ ਤਾਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਮੇਹਰ ਜ਼ਰੂਰੀ ਏ ll
Love said:
I am celebrating.
Love bhaji, why are Lakers fan so excited? lol N' don't give me all the BS abt rings, blah blah...heard that many times! ;)

mcgulz

I think it's safe to say that LeBron is not clutch at all..that Wade is a beast..that The Jet is just nasty, so is the puerto rican Allen Iverson(JJ).. and that Dallas is winning in 7.

Love

Yankee Saini said:
Love said:
I am celebrating.
Love bhaji, why are Lakers fan so excited? lol N' don't give me all the BS abt rings, blah blah...heard that many times! ;)
Haha a couple reasons. I don't like Lebron, and I don't like the idea of forming a "big 3" to win it all. But mostly I think nobody deserves a ring more than dirk and Kidd. This is their last shot at getting a ring. Otherwise they both go into the hall of fame without rings. Also I'd feel a bit better that we lost to the champs

sartajjudge

I saw Lebron before the game and asked him to break a dollar. He only gave me $.75 in return, I asked him for the rest and he said, "I don't have a fourth quarter."

Kush

^someone texted me that and i couldnt stop laughing...

After having though about it, the appropriate ending to that story would be "Then Wade showed up, dropped a quarter and an extra dime on me. In my eye."

Love, all i have to say is if it happened in LA, LA fans would HATE IT, right? lol when the "DWIGHT AND CP3" talks were happening, I remember it vividly... all the LA fans were like EW NO, WE DONT NEED NO BIG THREE. KOBE IS GONNA START PLAYING ALL 5 POSITIONS AND GROW 10 FEET AND BENJAMIN BUTTON BACK TO HIS EARLY 20S!... lol a person who doesnt "like the idea of forming a big 3" = the definition of a hater.

:)

Love

I think Kobe is too proud to have BOTH dwight and cp3 on his team. I'd prefer if we had a solid starting 5 like we do, but a solid bench. Somewhat how Dallas looks like. If Dwight is to sign with the Lakers in 2012, I wouldn't mind. That would mean that A) Bynum would be gone, B) Pau would be much older, and C) Kobe would be in his 16th season. Kobe in his 16th season + Dwight =/= Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all in their primes. Kobe would(hopefully) shift over to more of a role playing position like Duncan has, giving the green light to Dwight. And you already know how most Laker fans are. Heat fans are no different.

I want Dwight to stay in Orlando though. Stick with your team and get it done. Dirk could have gone out and joined another team, but he decided to stick with the same Dallas core and give it a shot.

I don't like that all 3 players were willing to leave their teams to go and win. If not Miami, then Wade would have left the Heat with Lebron and gone to another team like Chicago. Bosh, ok, your team has always sucked so you leaving isn't a big deal. Lebron's made it to the finals before, and Wade has won it all with a "hobbled" Shaq. Why couldn't he do it again? I'm a hater. :) But more than half of it is because I want Dirk/Kidd to win it all.

Kush

sigh lbj and wade clowning on dirk and the media.... just wish it didnt happen...

Love

Pretty pathetic, considering Dirk is the one who's been closing out games. Lebron shouldn't even be making fun of Dirk. Lebron's obviously the one who's choking it up. And then Wade gets injured.
What about karma?